Land Board – Submittals – 12/14/12
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2012
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of November 9, 2012 Minutes
- Approval of November 30, 2012 Minutes
C. FORESTRY & WILDLIFE
- Approval to Enter into a Curatorship Agreement with On Target, Inc. for Planning, Development, Operation, Management, and Revenue Generation of the Hawaiʻi Public Shooting Range at Puʻu Anahulu, Puʻu Anahulu Game Management Area, Hawaiʻi
D. LAND DIVISION
- Amendment of General Lease No. S-4436, Tenrikyo Taiheiyo Kyokai, a non-profit corporation, Lessee, to Change the Performance Bond Requirement under the Lease to Two Times the Annual Rent, and Update the Liability Insurance and other Insurance Provisions, Lots 2 and 3, Block S, Kapaa Town Lots, First Series, Kapaa, Kawaihau, Kauai, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-5-08:008.
- Sale of Remnant to Kimberly and Kealoha Estrella, Kapaa Homesteads, 1st Series, Kawaihau, Kauai; TMK (4) 4-6-04:por 028.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-4698, Puna Baptist Church, Assignor, to Hilo Baptist Church, Assignee, Keonepoko-Iki, Puna, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/1-5-117:024.
- Consent to Sublease General Lease No. 3265, Hilo Bay Hotel, Inc., Lessee, to Banyan Drive Cafe LLC, Sublessee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key:3rd/2-1-05:33.
- Resubmittal-Deny Request for Extension of Lease Term Made Pursuant to Act 207, Session Laws of Hawaii 2011, General Lease No. S-3621 Crescent City Properties, Inc., Lessee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/2-2-49:06.
- Consent to Assign Portion of Sublease K-27 of General Lease No. S-5619, Troutlodge Marine Farms Kona, LLC, Assignor, to Shrimp Improvement Systems Hawaii LLC, Assignee, Kalaoa 1st-4th, Ooma 1st, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043:099 & 100.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5231, Moanikeala Kaupiko, Assignor, to Malia Wainuhea Wheeler, Assignee, Milolii-Hoopuloa, South Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 8-9-014:057.
- Cancel Revocable Permit No. S-7368 and Reissuance of Revocable Permit to Alexander & Baldwin, Inc., Pulehunui, Wailuku, Maui, Tax Map Key:(2) 3-8-08:1,8,35 and 38.
- Amend Prior Board Action of October 26, 2012, Item D-10 by Elaborating the Character of Use, Revising the Lease Term, and Fixing the Rent for the First Thirty Years; Sale of Lease at Public Auction for Industrial Purposes, Moanalua, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-064: 006.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry for Site Access, Staging and Storage Area Purposes to Halekauwila Partners, LLC, Kakaako. Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-51:portion of 41.
- Amend Prior Board Action of March 23, 2007, Item D-4, Request Approval to Enter into a Use and Occupancy Agreement with the City and County of Honolulu for Retaining Wall, Including Drainage and Erosion Control Improvements Purposes and Authorize the Issuance of Construction and Management Right-of-Entry by Revising the Project Area, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key:(1) 2-5-012:portions of 004 and 014, and (1) 2-5-019:portions of 005 and 009.
- Authorize Posting of Performance Bond for the Removal of Remaining Structures of Pier; Waikalua Development LLC, Kaneohe, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-5-005:059 seaward.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Bernice K.Y. Bailey, Frederick K. Bailey, Jr., and Susan Koehler for Pier Purposes; Impose Fine of $500 and Assess Administrative Costs of $200, Heeia, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-6-001:seaward of 014.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to David A. Knox and Beverly J. Hoversland for Landscaping Area, Concrete Wall, and Footing Purposes; Assess Administrative Costs of $200, Kahaluu, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-7-019:078 and seaward.
- Amend Prior Board Action of June 13, 2008, Item D-10; Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Myrna Anne Pualehua Kai for Access and Utility Purposes; Extinguishment of Two (2) Rights of Access by Removing Utility Easement from the Request and Changing the Applicant to Sanford Ujimori, in his capacity as the Commissioner of Foreclosure Proceeding, Civil No. 10-1-2553-11; Waialee, Koolauloa, Oahu, TMK: (1) 5-8-001:015 and Road.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Christine Fuss for Seawall and Step Purposes; Impose Fine of $500 and Assess Administrative Costs of $200, Mokuleia, Waialua, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-8-004:seaward of 014.
- Grant of a Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Water Meter Easement to the Board of Water Supply, Waianae-Kai,Waianae, Oahu, Tax Map Key (1) 8-5-002:012 portion.
- Annual Renewal of Revocable Permits on the Islands of Hawaii, Maui, Molokai, Kauai and Oahu.
- Presentation by the Public Land Development Corporation (PLDC) regarding the Land Optimization Plan and a Request for the Board to Adopt a Policy Restricting the Transfer of Certain Lands to the PLDC in Fee Simple, within the Conservation District, or within Kokee State Park
E. STATE PARKS
- Subject: Request for Approval to Continue Twenty-Four (24) Revocable Permits for Use of State Parks Lands on the Islands of Kaua’i, O’ahu, Maui and Hawai’i for the following: Kaua’i: Na Pali Kayak Inc., Kayak Kaua’i, Rick Haviland, (Na Pali Coast State Wilderness Park for commercial kayak landings), Clancy Greff, Na Pali Sea Tours, Inc., Lady Ann Cruises Inc., (Na Pali State Wilderness Park inflatable boat landings), Wailua Marina Restaurant (Wailua River State Park Restaurant), The Lodge at Koke’e (Koke’e State Park lodging accomodations/retail and restaurant use), Ka Imi Na’auao o Hawai’i Nei, Hawai’i United Methodist, Kaua’i Christian Fellowship, Camp Hale Koa Association, (Waimea Canyon State Park non-profit recreation-residence/camps), Hawai’i Conference Foundation (Koke’e State Park non-profit camp), Sukhothai Corp. (Waimea Canyon State Park mobile food vendor), O’ahu: Rick Ralston (Pu’u ‘Ualaka’a State Wayside residential use), Curtis K. Hong (Diamond Head State Monument food and beverage vending), Pepsi Bottling Group (Diamond Head State Monument food and beverage vending), Pepsi Bottling Group (Diamond Head State Monument beverage vending), Jose Gaceta (Ahupua’a O Kahana State Park, pasture use), Erlinda Molina Villanueva (Ahupua’a O Kahana State Park, agricultural use), Mary Teves/Roy Teves, Joan Cash, Wesley Cash, (Kawainui Marsh State Park Reserve, Breeding and Raising of Horses and Cattle), Sand Island Off-Highway Vehicle Association, Inc., (Sand Island State Recreation Area, Off-Road Vehicle Use), Maui: Maui Ice and Soda Works, Ltd. (Wai’anapanapa State Park beverage vending), Island Inspirations, LLP (Makena State Park food service vending), Hawai’i: SMCA, Inc. (Hapuna Beach SRA food and beverage vending)
- Request for Approval to Continue and Modify Revocable Permits Issued to Kona Boys, Inc., Iwa Kalua and Adventures In Paradise, LLC for Commercial Kayak Tour Purposes, Under Terms and Conditions to be Determined by the Chairperson, Kaawaloa, Kealakekua Bay State Historical Park, Kealakekua, Hawaii
- Requesting Approval for the Department of the Land and Natural Resources Division of State Parks to Enter into a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with Pacific Hawaii Parks, and to Authorize the Chairperson to Negotiate and Approve a Three Year Lease for a Pilot Project for the Operation of an Interpretive and Merchandising Kiosk in Diamond Head State Monument, Oahu
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Commanding Officer Stephanie A. Koes, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Ship OSCAR ELTON SETTE, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Shipboard Support Activities.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Commanding Officer Michael F. Ellis, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Ship HI’IALAKAI, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Shipboard Support Activities.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION & COASTAL LANDS
- Alleged Unauthorized Conversion of a Storage Shed into a Single Family Residence by John W. Grace Located in North Hilo District, Island of Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 3-6-002:012.
- Alleged Unauthorized Construction of a Masonry Rock Wall along the Shoreline by Michael and Nancy Carlson Located in Waialua District, Island of Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-8-010:010.
- Appointment and Selection of a Hearing Officer to Conduct All Hearings for a Contested Case Regarding Enforcement Action OA-13-07 Regarding an Alleged Unauthorized Shoreline Erosion Control Structure by 4615 Kahala Avenue Corporation, Honolulu District, Island of Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-5-005:015.
- Amendment No. 2 to State Lease No. DOT-A-06-0008 Approval for Additional Space by U.S. General Services Administration on Behalf of U.S. Department of Agriculture, Honolulu International Airport, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 1-1-03:portion of 1
- Issuance of a Hangar Facility Lease, State Lease No. DOT-A-12-0014 to Steven J. Notman, Molokai Airport, Island of Molokai, State of Hawaii, TMK: (2) 5-2-04:portion of 8
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.