Land Board – Submittals – 03/08/13
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, March 8, 2013
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of February 22, 2013 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Review and Approval of Project Recommendations for Funding from the Fiscal Year 2013 Legacy Land Conservation Program (Land Conservation Fund).
- Acceptance of a Hearing Master’s Report, Withdrawal of Approximately 376 Acres from Sacred Falls State Park and Set Aside as the Kaluanui Natural Area Reserve, TMK: (1) 5-3-011:009 por, Oahu.
- Request Approval for Selection of the Competitive Sealed Proposal Process and Authorize the Chairperson to Award, Execute, and Extend Contracts for Production and Airing of Watershed Initiative Public Service Announcements
D. LAND DIVISION
- Sale of Remnant to Eric Andrew Matyas, por. of Kalaheo Homesteads, 2nd Series, Koloa, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 2-3-007:025.
- Consent to Extension of Lease Term, General Lease No. S-4023, T & Y, LLC, Lessee, Nawiliwili Harbor Lots, Lihue, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-2-004:011.
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-7339 and Request for Waiver of Level One (1) Hazardous Waste Evaluation Requirement, Issuance of New Revocable Permit to Mary Thronas, Trustee for Mary Thronas Trust for Pasture Purposes at por. of South Olohena, Kapaa, Kawaihau (Puna), Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-4-001:001.
- After-the-Fact Consent to Assign Grant of Easement No. S-4414, Rose Marie Kuntz, Donald Thomas Kuntz, Barbara Ann Kuntz, Donna Marie Kuntz, James Stephen Kuntz and Michael John Kuntz, Assignor, via Mesne Assignments, to John M. Mehan and Tina Mehan, Trustees of the John M. and Tina Mehan Revocable Living Trust, Assignee, and Amendment of Grant of Easement No. S-4414 to Allow the Easement to “Run With the Land” and be Assignable Without the Prior Written Consent of the Board of Land and Natural Resources, Waioli, Hanalei (Halelea), Kauai, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (4) 5-5-006:020.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to University of Hawaii, Pacific Islands Ocean Observing System (PacIOOS), for Data Collection and Research Purposes at Waiohuli – Keokea Homesteads, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-9-012: Seaward of 002.
- [Intentionally Left Blank.]
- Sale of Remnants to Grant T. Hamachi, as Trustee of the Grant T. Hamachi Revocable Living Trust, dated November 19, 1999 and Toyoko Hamachi, as Trustee of the Toyoko Hamachi Revocable Living Trust, dated November 19, 1999; Withdrawal from Governor’s Executive Order Nos. 1598 and 1423, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu; Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-025:036 portion and 052
- THIRD RESUBMITTAL: DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT BETWEEN STATE OF HAWAII AND WEST WIND WORKS, LLC FOR THE FORMER EWA FEEDLOT SITE AT CAMPBELL INDUSTRIAL PARK, HONOULIULI, EWA, OAHU, HAWAII, TAX MAP KEY: (1) 9-1-031:001:(1) Status of outstanding delinquencies and rejection of proposed amendments to the Development Agreement between the State of Hawaii and West Wind Works, LLC, for the former Ewa Feedlot site at Campbell Industrial Park, Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-031:001(2) (a) Termination of the Development Agreement between the State of Hawaii and West Wind Works, LLC, for the former Ewa Feedlot site at Campbell Industrial Park, Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-031:001;or(b) Approval of the modification and assignment of the Development Agreement for a portion of the former Ewa Feedlot site at Campbell Industrial Park, Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-031:Portion 001
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Special Ocean Use Permit to Yasuho Jimbo, Tokyo Broadcasting System (TBS), for Access to State Waters to Conduct Filming Activities
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Research Permit to John Burns, University of Hawaii, Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Coral Disease Survey Reef Activities
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. BO-07-30 to Waianae Ice House Partnership, and Issuance of a New Revocable Permit and Immediate Right-of-Entry to Dolphin Excursions Hawaii, Inc. for a Portion of Land Located Within the Waianae Small Boat Harbor on the Island of Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 8-5-002:051 (portion)
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Enforcement OA-13-11 Regarding the Placement of Rocks in the Shoreline Area by Geraldine Sim Trust, Located at Kāne`ohe, Island Of O`ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-8-003:048
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) MA-3648 for a Temporary Lay-Down Area for the Kahekili Highway Repair Project, County of Maui Department of Public Works, Located at Wailuku, Island of Maui, Tax Map Key (2) 3-1-002:016
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) MA-3633 for the Stable Road Beach Restoration Project by Stable Road Beach Restoration Foundation, Inc. Located at Spreckelsville, Wailuku, Island of Maui, Submerged Land Makai of Tax Map Key Nos.: (2) 3-8-002:71, 74, 77 & 78
- Appointment of Doug Beaton as Hamakua Soil and Water Conservation District Director
- Appointment of Peter Tausend, Ph.D. as West Kauai Soil and Water Conservation District Director
- Issuance of Direct Lease to Aeko Kula, Inc. dba Aloha Air Cargo for Cargo/Maintenance Facilities and Issuance of a Right-of-Entry, for the Construction of Dust Control Fencing and Soils Remediation, at Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-002:014 (portion)
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Paradigm Construction LLC at Kalaeloa Barbers Point Harbor, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-014, portion of 026
- Acquisition of Private Lands and Set Aside to the County of Hawaii for Roadway Purposes, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-007:portions of 005 and 007
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: https://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.