Land Board – Submittals – 03/22/13
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, MARCH 22, 2013
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of March 8, 2013 Minutes
D. LAND DIVISION
- SUBJECT: Memorandum of Agreement between Board of Land and Natural Resources, Garden Isle Racing Association and the Hawaii Army National Guard for Live Firing on Kekaha Firing Range (KFR), Kekaha, Waimea, Kauai, TMK (4) 1-2-002:040
- Amend Prior Board Action of September 11, 1998, Item D-11, Sale of Four Leases at Public Auction for Intensive Agriculture Purposes on Hawaii. The purpose of this amendment is to remove all reference to the land situated at Ookala, North Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/3-9-01:07 from the prior board action. AndApproval in Concept for the Sale of a General Lease at Public Auction for Pasture Purposes with Issuance of an Immediate Right-of-Entry to Conduct an Environmental Assessment of State lands at Ookala, North Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/3-9-01:07
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Department of Accounting and General Services for the Purposes of Conducting a Biological and Archaeological Inventory Survey on State lands located at Kealakehe, North Kona, Hawaii; Tax Map Key: (3) 7-4-020:004.
- Set Aside to State of Hawaii, Department of Transportation, Highways Division for Construction and Roadway Maintenance Purposes, at Honomanu, Koolau, Hana, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 1-1-001: Por. of 010 (765 sq. ft.) and Por. of 044 (6,071 sq. ft.).
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Charlene Schulenburg (Event Coordinator) at Waiohuli-Keokea Beach, Kihei, Maui, Hawaii: Tax Map Key: (2) 3-9-009: Portion of 011.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display Purposes at Honolua, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key:(2) 4-2-004: seaward of 015.
- Revision of Rent for Revocable Permit No. 6814, Ronald P. Weidenbach, dba Hawaii Fish Company, Kaena, Waialua, Oahu, Tax Map Key (1) 6-9-01:02 & 03.
E. STATE PARKS
- Issuance of Six (6) Direct Leases to the following: Ervin H. Kahala and Lucretia I. Kahala, Thoran Fawn Evans, Moses Mahealani Kahala and Dorothy Laniola Kahala, Dutchess K. Malepe and Aviu Malepe, Lena Puanani Soliven and Darryl James Soliven, and Sherri Lynn Leimomi Johnson for Residential Purposes, Ahupua‘a ‘O Kahana State Park, Ko‘olauloa, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 5-2-002:001 (por.)
- Update on the Status of Management and Enforcement Action Taken at Kealakekua Bay State Historical Park, Ka‘awaloa, Kealakekua, Hawaii.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval to Hold Public Meetings and Hearings to Amend Hawaii Administrative Rules: §13-95-1 Definitions; §13-95-1.1 Licenses, Permits, and Other Exemptions; §13-95-2 Penalty; 13-95-70 Stony Corals; and §13-95-71 Live Rocks (See attached Exhibits A and B)
- Request for Approval to Add Federal Funding ($322,420) and Extend through FY14 the Project Agreement (Contract No. 58627, Amendment No. 4) between the Board of Land and Natural Resources (BLNR) and The Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii (RCUH) for a Division of Aquatic Resources Research Project Titled “Maui/Oahu Marine Resources Assessment”
- Request for Approval to Add Funding ($566,250 Federal, $141,750 Commercial Fisheries Special Fund) and Extend through FY14 the Project Agreement (Contract No. 60393, Amendment No. 2) between the Board of Land And Natural Resources (BLNR) and The Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii (RCUH) for a Division of Aquatic Resources (DAR) Research Project Titled “Hawaii Marine Recreational Fishing Survey”
- Request for Approval to Add Funding ($550,000 Federal, $10,000 Sport Fish Special Fund) and Extend through FY14 the Project Agreement (Contract No. 60395, Amendment No. 2) between the Board of Land and Natural Resources (BLNR) and The Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii (RCUH) for a Division of Aquatic Resources Research Project Titled “Investigation Of Estuarine Habitats”
- Request for Approval to Add Funding ($330,000 Federal, $20,000 Commercial Fisheries Special Fund) and Extend through FY14 the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR)/University Of Hawaii (UH) Contract No. 60379 (Supplemental Contract No. 2) for a Project Titled “Collaborative Administration of the Hawaii Fish Aggregating Device System”
- Request for Approval to Add Federal Funding ($339,000) and Extend through FY14 the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR)/University of Hawaii (UH) Contract No. 60394 (Supplemental Contract No. 2) for a Project Titled “Evaluating the Effectiveness of Restricted Fishing Areas for Improving the Bottomfish Fishery”
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Petition of Coon Brothers Inc. to Negotiate a Lease of Certain Submerged and Fast Lands and Dock at Manele Small Boat Harbor, Lanai, Hawaii
- Authorization to Contract Qualified Professionals to Provide Technical and Advisory Services Relating to the Management of Geothermal Resources
- Amendment No. 19 to Lease No. DOT-A-92-0018 Restaurant and Lounge Concession Lease, Host International, Inc., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-03: portion of 1
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry to Paradigm Construction LLC at Kalaeloa Barbers Point Harbor, Oahu, Tax Map Key No.: (1) 9-1-14, portion of 26
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: https://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.