Land Board – Submittals – 05/10/13
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURALRESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, MAY 10, 2013
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of April 12, 2013 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request to transfer Timber Land License No. 2007-H-01 from Hawaii Island Hardwoods, LLC to Tradewinds Hawaiian Woods LLC.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Enforcement Action and Imposition of Fine against Kuˊi Palama for Unauthorized Waste Disposal and Trespassing on State Unencumbered Lands; Indefinite Closure and Remediation of State Unencumbered Lands; Request to the Department of the Attorney General to Commence Criminal and/or Civil Proceedings to Recover Costs for Remediation of Unencumbered State Lands at Hanapepe, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-8-005:008.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5408, Jerilyn K. Kaawaloa, Assignor, to Jerry Kanani Kaawaloa, Assignee, Kikala and Keokea, Puna, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 1-2-043:008.
- Reinstate Full Performance Bond Requirement for General Lease No. S-5844, Hawaii Outdoor Tours, Inc., Lessee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/2-1-01:12 and 2-1-05:13, 16, 17, 27, 32, 46.
- Amend Prior Board Action of October 24, 2008 (D-7); Termination of Revocable Permit No. S-7425 to Skynet Hawaii, LLC; Issuance of Revocable Permit to Mahalo Broadcasting, LLC, at Kalaoa, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 7-3-049: portion of 038. Purpose of the Amendment is to decrease the Permit Area Issued to Mahalo Broadcasting from 4.00 Acres to 3.50 Acres. AndIssuance of Revocable Permit to Cellco Partnership, dba: Verizon Wireless (Verizon Wireless) for Temporary, Wireless Telecommunication Site Purposes, Kalaoa, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-049:portion of 038.
- Issuance of Direct Lease to Paˊa Pono Milolii, for Milolii Community Enrichment and Historical Center Purposes, Milolii-Hoopula, South Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd/ 8-9-014: 038-041.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to Keith Dalton, on Behalf of the Young Presidents Organization, for a Sand Sculpting Event at Wailea Beach, Honuaula, Wailea, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-1-008: seaward of 109.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Jeanine Thomason (Event Manager) for The Maui Film Festival at Wailea 2013 Event, at Wailea Beach, Maui, Hawaii: Tax Map Key:(2) 2-1-023: seaward of 007.
- Grant of 55-Year Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Huelo Hui, LP for Access and Utility Purposes, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-9-002: 017 por., Hoolawa, Hamakualoa, Maui.
- Extension, Amendment and Restatement of Term of Non-Exclusive Grant of Easement S-5183 to The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation, Incorporated, for Seawall and Concrete Deck Purposes on Portion of Reclaimed (Filled) Land at Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii, Fronting Tax Map Key: (2) 4-5-001:Portion of 009.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation for Boring and Soil Sampling Purposes on Lands Encumbered by Revocable Permit No. 7212, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003:por.003.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Precast, Incorporated and Raylynn Rebar, LLC for Industrial Purposes; Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. 7731; Issuance of Revocable Permit to Hawaiian Paakai, Inc. for Industrial Purposes; Sand Island, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-2-021:portion of 045.
- Sale of Remnant to Hawaii Baptist Academy, Nuuanu, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-2-022:002.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Set up and Firing of Aerial Fireworks Display on May 11, 2013, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Portion).
- Affirm Prior Board Action of February 11, 2011, Item D-14 Regarding Forfeiture of General Lease No. S-4007; Rescind Prior Action of October 28, 2011, Item D-29, God’s Love Mission, Inc., Lessee, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-027:023 and 024.
- Consent to Mortgage Encumbering Leases and Easements for Utility Purposes, Hawaiian Telcom, Inc., Applicant; Statewide located at:Honolulu, Koolaupoko, Koolauloa, Waialua, Wahiawa, Waianae, Ewa, Island of Oahu; Tax Map Keys: (1) 1-1, 1-5, 1-8, 1-9, 2-1, 2-2, 2-4, 2-5, 2-9, 3-1, 4-1, 4-5, 5-6, 5-8, 5-9, 6-9, 7-3, 7-4, 8-1, 8-5, 8-9, 9-1, 9-3, 9-4, 9-7, 9-9; andHana, Makawao, Wailuku, Lahaina, Island of Maui; Tax Map Keys: (2) 1-4, 2-1, 2-2, 2-4, 2-9, 3-1, 3-6, 3-7, 3-8, 4-5, 4-6; andPuna, South Hilo, North Hilo, Hamakua, North Kohala, South Kohala, North Kona, South Kona, Kau, Island of Hawaii; Tax Map Keys: (3) 1-1, 1-2, 1-5, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-4, 2-5, 2-6, 3-6, 4-3, 4-4, 4-5, 4-6, 4-8, 5-2, 5-4, 5-5, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4, 6-5, 6-6, 7-1, 7-3, 7-4, 7-5, 8-8, 9-4, 9-5, 9-6, 9-8; andWaimea, Koloa, Lihue, Kawaihau, Hanalei, Island of Kauai; Tax Map Keys: (4) 1-2, 1-4, 1-5, 1-8, 1-9, 2-4, 3-8, 4-1, 4-5, 4-6, 4-8, 5-4.
- Discussion on the Status of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Case No. 12-02279, Hawaii Outdoor Tours, Inc., Debtor, Filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Hawaii, General Lease Nos. S-5844 and S-5372.The Board may hold a discussion in Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities. NO STAFF SUBMITTAL
E. STATE PARKS
- Approval to Enter into a Grant-In-Aid Agreement for $500,000 with the Friends of Iolani Palace for Ongoing Repair, Restoration, and Refinishing within the Palace Complex
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Amend Prior Board Action to Correct the Contract Amendment No. 2 Amount (From $708,000 to $713,000) in the March 22, 2013, Item F-3 Submittal: “Request for Approval to Add Funding ($566,250 Federal, $141,750 Commercial Fisheries Special Fund) and Extend Through FY14 the Project Agreement (Contract NO. 60393, Amendment No. 2) Between the Board of Land and Natural Resources (BLNR) and the Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii (RCUH) for a Division of Aquatic Resources (DAR) Research Project Titled ‘Hawaii Marine Recreational Fishing Survey'”
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Mr. Jacob Asher, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Videographic Surveys of Coral Reef Fishes Research Activities
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Frank Parrish and Alecia Van Atta, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Shark Removal Activities
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Appointment and Selection of a Hearing Officer to Conduct All Hearings for a Contested Case Regarding Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) HA-3626 for a Single Family Residence (SFR) and Related Improvements Located at Maku’u, Puna District, Island of Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 1-5-010:032.
- Annual Report from the Office of Mauna Kea Management on the Status of the Implementation of the Mauna Kea Comprehensive Management Plan, Mauna Kea Science Reserve, Kaohe Mauka, Hamakua District, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 4-4-015:009
- Declare Project Exempt From Requirements of Chapter 343, Hawaii Revised Statues, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Riles for Job No. 500CK30A, Mana Drag Racing Strip Improvements Mana, Kekaha, Kauai, Hawaii
- The Remnant Sale was Previously Approved on November 18, 2005 for Remainder 119 (Item M-5) and Request the Approval be Amended to Approve the Sale of Remnant Parcel R-5 to Reflect the Actual Land Area being Disposed. Disposition of Remnant Parcel R-5 Fap No. F-072-1 (39), Tax Map Key: (1) 3-8-003: Road
- Authorizing the Department of Transportation (DOT) to Dispose of Parcel P-1, Pali Highway (fka Nu’uanu Highway) Federal Aid Project No. BU-061-1(7), Tax Map Key: (1) 2-2-010:038
- Amendment to Issuance of Direct Lease to Mid Pac Petroleum, LLC, Kawaihae Harbor, Kawaihae 1st, South Kohala, Island of Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 3rd Division, 6-1-03: Portion of 24
- Issuance of a Direct Lease to C K Auto Body, Inc. 2989 Ualena Steet, Honolulu International Airport Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-04:19
- Issuance of a Management Right-of-Entry to the Department of Transportation, Harbors Division, for Management and Control of 53.948 Acres at Kalaeloa Barbers Point Harbor, Oahu, Tax Map Key: 1st /9-1-14: Portion of 26, Which was Recently Acquired by the State Pending Issuance of a Governor’s Executive Order.
- Amendment to Prior Board Action of February 8, 2013, Item M-6, Issuance of a Direct Lease to Hawaiian Sealife, Inc. 3239 Ualena Street, Honolulu International Airport Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-14-:21 (portion)
- Issuance of Direct Lease Korean Airlines Co., Ltd. Honolulu International Airport TMK: (1) 1-1-03: Portion of 50
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: https://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.