Land Board – Submittals – 06/14/13
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, JUNE 14, 2013
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of April 26, 2013 Minutes
- Approval of May 10, 2013 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request Approval for Selection of the Competitive Sealed Proposal Process and Authorize the Chairperson to Award, Execute, and Extend Contracts for the Implementation of Watershed Management Plans Negotiated with Private Landowners and to Implement “The Rain Follows the Forest” Initiative for FY2014.
- Request for Authorization to Issue an Invitation for Bid and Authorize the Chairperson to Award, Execute and Extend Contract(s) to Install Ungulate-Proof Fencing within the Kīpahulu Forest Reserve, Tax Map Keys: (2)1-7-004:006, and (2)1-6-001:009, Maui AndRequest Approval of Declaration of Exemption to Chapter 343, HRS, Environmental Compliance Requirements for the Halemano Section of the Kīpahulu Fence.
- Request for Authorization to Negotiate and Sign a Contract(s) to Install Ungulate-Proof Fencing Within the Alakai Wilderness Preserve and Na Pali-Kona Forest Reserve, and Adjacent Lands Contingent on Landowner Approval, Tax Map Keys: (4) 1-4-001:003, por & 5-8-001:001, por, Kauai And Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption to Chapter 343, HRS, Environmental Compliance Requirements for Project.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Set-Aside to the County of Kauai for Public Park and Ancillary Purposes; Issuance of an Immediate Construction and Management Right-of-Entry to the County of Kauaifor Repair, Reconstruction and Maintenance of Existing Seawall Purposes, por. Kapaa Town Lots, 2nd Series, Kapaa, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-5-002:023.
- Amend Prior Board Actions of August 10, 2012, agenda item D-1, and January 11, 2013, agenda items D-11, D-13, and D-14 by Adding the Issuance of Management Right-of-Entry regarding the following cases: Amend Prior Board Action of October 28, 2011, Item D-8,Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Harlan Cabot Amstutz and Patricia Price Amstutz, Co-Trustees of the Amstutz Family Trust Seawall and Stairway Purposes, Koloa, Kauai, Tax Map Key (4) 2-6-003:018 & 060, to Request a Deferral Regarding Tender of Consideration for the Easement. AndGrant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Minatoya Real Estate, LLC for Seawall and Steps Purposes; Assess Administrative Costs of $200; Kualoa, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-9-009:seaward of 005. And Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Douglas & Kathleen Giannetti for Seawall Purposes, Assess Administrative Costs of $200, Kawailoa, Waialua, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-1-003:024-0001 seaward. And
- Consent to Assign Land Office Deed No. S-28,325, Stanley Marple Randolph, Trustee of that certain unrecorded Revocable Trust Agreement dated May 6, 1985, Assignor, to Fernando Carino Afable and Mary Kathryn Afable, Assignee; Amendment of Land Office Deed No. S-28,325 to Allow it to Run with the Land; Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawai’i, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-4-01: portion of 24.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of February 11, 2011, Item D-10, Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Douglas Lee Callahan & Madeline Cochrane Callahan for Access and Utility Purposes; After-the-Fact Consent to Assignment of Land Office Deed No. S-28,211, M. Jeffrey White and Judy A. White, also known as Judi A. White, Assignor, to Duncan McDonald and Crystal Lyn McDonald, Assignee, and from Duncan McDonald and Crystal Lyn McDonald, Assignor, to Douglas Lee Callahan and Madeline Cochrane Callahan, Assignee; Amendment of Land Office Deed No. S-28,211 to Allow the Easement to “Run With the Land” and be Assignable Without the Prior Written Consent of the Board of Land and Natural Resources, Hanawana, Hamakualoa, Maui; Tax Map Key: (2) 2-9-011:008 por.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display at Duke Kahanamoku Beach Every Friday From October 4, 2013 to September 26, 2014, and Every Tuesday From July 2, 2013 to December 31, 2013,Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Portion).
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Set up and Firing of Aerial Fireworks Display on July 4, 2013, Ouli, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-2-02: seaward of 04.
- Consent to Approval of Self-financed Improvements and Extension of Lease Term, General Lease No. S-5373 Harold F. Rice, Jr. dba FR Cattle Co., Lessee, Lalamilo, Lihue, Koaliula and Waiaka 1,South Kohala, Hawaii Tax Map Key: (3) 6-6-01:02, 77.
- Amend Prior Board Action of July 22, 2011, Item D-9 by Changing the Consideration Payable for Easements 1 and 2 from Fair Market Value to Gratis and Removing Easement 3 from the Request; Grant of Perpetual Non-Exclusive Easements and the Issuance of a Management Right-of-Entry to Hawaiian Telcom, Inc. and Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc. for Telecommunication and Electrical Transmission Purposes, Honolulu, Oahu; Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-024:001 portion.
- Conveyance of State Land to the Hawaii Housing Finance and Development Corporation, Situate at Ewa, Honouliuli, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-17: 109.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Department of Health, Clean Air Branch for an Air Monitoring Station on Land Encumbered Under Governor’s Executive Order No. 3908, Waimalu, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-8-013:029 (Portion).
- Amend Prior Board Action of September 28, 2001, Item D-4, as amended, Delegation of Authority to Issue Right-of-Entry Permits on Unencumbered State Lands. The Purpose of the Amendment is to Declare an Exemption from the Requirements of Hawaii Revised Statutes Chapter 343 on Environmental Assessments for the Wiki Permits System, Restrict to the Chairperson the Delegation of Authority to Issue Right-of-Entry Permits, Specify the Circumstances under which Right-of-Entry Permits onto Unencumbered State Lands will be Issued by the Board and the Chairperson, Establish a Schedule of Fees Applicable to the Processing of Late Requests for Right-of-Entry Permits, and Implement a Procedure for the Issuance of After-the-Fact Right-of-Entry Permits under Special Circumstances.
E. STATE PARKS
- Approval to Remove Various Improvements Located within Easements within Diamond Head State Monument and Appurtenant to Diamond Head View Lots, Unit 1, Lots 1 and IA, Kapahulu, Honolulu, O’ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-1-047: 048, and 049.The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
- Denial of Request for Contested Case Hearing Regarding BLNR Agenda item E-1, March 22, 2013, Regarding the Issuance of Six (6) Direct Leases to Occupants of Lands at Ahupua’a ‘O Kahana State Park, Ko’olauloa, O’ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 5-2-002:001.The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval of Special Activity Permit 2013-53 for Dr. Edward DeMartini NOAA, Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center to Take Undersized Unicorn Tangs and Parrotfishes for A Study on Age and Growth Around the Time of Sexual Maturity.
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Delegation of Authority of the Chairperson of the Board of Land and Natural Resources (Board) to Solicit and Award Towing Services Contracts for Statewide Small Boat Harbor Facilities.
- Request Authorization to Revoke Commercial Operating Area Use Permit No. O-147 Issued to Waikiki Beach Parasail & Watersports, LLC. for Failure to Pay Permit Fees and Submit Gross Receipt Statements as Required by Hawaii Administrative Rules.
- Amendment to Lease No. H-78-5 La Mariana Sailing Club, Inc., for Extension of Lease Term, Keehi Lagoon, Kalihi, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-2-23:52
- Administrative Enforcement Action for Violation of Hawaii Administrative Rule, Section 13-231-26, Use of a Vessel as a Place of Principal Habitation, Keehi Small Boat Harbor, to the Following Individuals: Stephanie Aponte, Kenneth Levitt, Richard Czercowy, and Sandra Bauer.
- Request Approval to Reimburse Big Blue Boat Corporation and Slip 10, Inc. for Improvements Made to Slip 10 and 11 at the Lahaina Small Boat Harbor, Maui.
- Sale of Concession by Sealed Bid for the Operation of a Beach Concession Services at Waikiki Fort DeRussy Beach, Island of Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key No. (1) 2-6-005:08
- Issuance of Concession Agreements and Facility Leases for the Non-Exclusive on-Airport Car Rental Concessions at Honolulu International Airport Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-03:Portion of 1 (Honolulu).
- Issuance of Concession Agreements and Facility Leases for the Non-Exclusive on-Airport Car Rental Concessions at Kahului Airport Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001-019.
- Issuance of a Direct Lease to so Ono Food Products, LLC. 3129 Ualena Street, Honolulu International Airport Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-14-103 (portion):113:114.
- Issuance of a Lease for Office Space Federal Aviation Administration, United States of America Honolulu International Airport Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-03: Portion of 58 & (1) 1-1-03: Portion of 001.
- Issuance of Direct Lease to Hawaii Island Air, Inc, Honolulu International Airport Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-72: 25 (Portion).
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:50 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: https://hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meeting/index.html
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (ie. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.