Land Board – Submittals – 07/25/14
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, JULY 25, 2014
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of April 11, 2014 Minutes
- Approval of May 9, 2014 Minutes
- Approval of May 23, 2014 Minutes
- Approval of June 13, 2014 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request Approval for Selection of the Competitive Sealed Proposal Process and Authorize the Chairperson to Award, Execute, and Extend Contracts for the Implementation of Watershed Management Plans Negotiated with Private Landowners for Fiscal Year 2015.
- Acceptance of a Hearing Master’s Report Regarding Set Aside of Approximately 342 Acres as an Extension of the Puʻu Makaʻala Natural Area Reserve, Tax Map Key (3) 2-4-08:09 Por. South Hilo, Hawaiʻi; and Set Aside of Approximately 169 Acres as an Extension of the Kīpāhoehoe Natural Area Reserve, Tax Map Key (3) 8-8-01:08 Por, South Kona, Hawaiʻi.
- RESUBMITTAL: Request for Approval to Extend Access Restrictions to Portions of ʻĀhihi-Kīnaʻu Natural Area Reserve, Maui, for a Period of Up to Two Years (August 1, 2014-July 31, 2016).
D. LAND DIVISION
- Approve Negotiated Development Agreement, and Proposed Plans and Specifications for Improvements for General Lease No. S-3832, and General Lease No. S-5578, Pixar Development, LLC, Lessee; Authorize the Extension, Amendment and Restatement of General Lease No. S-3832, and General Lease No. S-5578, Pixar Development, LLC, Lessee, for an Aggregate Term of 55 Years, Kapaʻa Town Lots, Kapaʻa, Kawaihau, Kauaʻi, Tax Map Keys: (4) 4-5-011:046 and (4) 4-5-012:005.
- Amend Prior Board Action of August 12, 2010, Item D-10, Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Utility Easement to Hawaiʻi Electric Light Co., Inc.; Issuance of Construction Right-of-Entry for Installation of Concrete Pad-Mounted Electrical Transformer at Hienaloli, North Kona, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-5-008: portion of 010.Purpose of the amendment is to increase the proposed easement area from 352 square feet to 475 square feet.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-4207, Hugo and Shirley Von Platen Luder, Assignors, to Olu Kai, Ltd., Assignee, Puaʻa 1st, North Kona, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3)7-5-009:064.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Maui’s Original Hawaiian Corporate Games, Inc., for a Team Building Event at Wailea Beach, Honuaʻula, Wailea, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-1-008: seaward of 109.
- Issuance of a New (30) Thirty-Year Direct Lease to the West Maui Veterans Club, Inc., Lessee, for Clubhouse and Allied Purposes; Wahikuli, Lāhainā, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-5-014:051.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display at Duke Kahanamoku Beach Every Friday From October 3, 2014 to September 25, 2015,Waikīkī, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Por).
- Amend Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement S-5336 for Roadway, Utility, and Landscaping Purposes by Revising the Easement Area and Authorize Rental Credit to Gerald Y.H. Young and Diana G. Young; Withdraw from General Lease No. 5214 for Easement Purposes and Authorize Rental Credit to Green Thumb, Inc.; Withdrawal from Governor’s Executive Order No. 4239 to Department of Agriculture for Agriculture Purposes, Waimānalo, Koʻolaupoko, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-018:040.
- First Amendment to Non-Exclusive Easement S-5202; Kaʻalaea, Koʻolaupoko Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-7-016: Seaward of 061. The Purpose of the Amendment is to Allow the Easement to Inure to the Benefit of the Abutting Property, Tax Map Key (1) 4-7-016:061, and Run with the Land.
- Approval in Principle for Issuance of Direct Lease to Hoʻōla Nā Pua for Residential Treatment Facility Purposes; Authorize the Issuance of an Immediate Right-of-Entry for Due Diligence Purpose; Waialeʻe, Koʻolauloa, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key (1) 5-8-001:051.
- Withdrawal from Governor’s Executive Order No. 4141; Set Aside to Agribusiness Development Corporation for Agriculture Purpose; Rescind Prior Approvals of August 26, 2011, Item D-13 and July 8, 2010, Item D-16; Mokulēʻia, Waialua, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-9-001:002, 003, and 036.
- Set Aside to the Department of Education for School Purposes, Kapālama, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 1-6-003:047 and 083.
- Amend Prior Board Action of April 11, 2014, Agenda Item D-12, Acquisition of Private Lands for Expansion of Maui Veterans Cemetery, Makawao, Island of Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-4-002:por.009, Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 3279 for Existing Makawao Veterans Cemetery Site, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-4-002:por.009, and Set Aside to County of Maui for Control and Management of Makawao Veterans Cemetery Site, Makawao, Island of Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-4-002:009, As Amended, to Add Authorization of Acquisition by Eminent Domain.
- (1) Denial of Requests for Contested Case by E. Kalani Flores and Dan Purcell re: Board Action of June 13, 2014, Item D-8, Consent to Sublease under General Lease No. S-4191 to the University of Hawaiʻi, Lessee, to TMT International Observatory LLC, Sublessee (deferred); and (2) Denial of Requests for Contested Case by Dan Purcell, Flores-Case ˊOhana, Mauna Kea Anaina Hou, Kealoha Pisciotta, Paul K. Neves, Clarence Kukauakahi Ching, and Harry Fergerstrom, and Acknowledgment and Acceptance of the Withdrawal of the Request for Contested Case filed by Office of Hawaiian Affairs re: Board Action of June 27, 2014, Item D-19, Resubmittal: Consent to Sublease under General Lease No. S-4191 to the University of Hawaiʻi, Lessee, to TMT International Observatory LLC, Sublessee (approved as amended), Kaʻohe, Hāmākua, Island of Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Keys: 3rd/ 4-4-15:01 por., 09 & 12.
- Request Approval for Extension of Time by Maui Dry Dock & Boat Storage, LLC to Complete an Environmental Assessment, Preliminary Entitlements and Authorize the Extension of a Limited Right-of-Entry for a Vessel Haul out, Boat Storage, and for Purposes of General Commercial Marine Services, Kahului Harbor, Wailuku, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-7-001:023 and Por. 21.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Memorandum of Agreement Between the Department of Land and Natural Resources and the University of Hawai‘i, School of Ocean, Earth Science and Technology (SOEST) to Support the Development of Information for the Coastal Lands Data Program and Sea-Level Rise Vulnerability and Adaptation Report Required Pursuant to HB1714 HD1 SD1 CD1, 27th Legislature.
- Conservation District Enforcement OA 14-66 Regarding the Unauthorized Placement of a Shoreline Erosion Control Structure by Sutton Family Partners Located at Waialua, Oʻahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 6-8-010:014 & 015.
- Authorization to Issue Procurement Solicitations and Award of Contracts Under Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes Chapter 103D for Various Capital Improvements Program Projects Listed in Exhibit 1.A copy of Exhibit 1 can be found online at www.dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings or in the Chairman’s office located at 1151 Punchbowl St. Honolulu, HI 96813 room #130.
- Certification of Election of Doug Beaton to Serve as a Director of the Hāmākua Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Appointment of Rogerene Arce and Certification of Elections of James A. Boswell and Faith Tuipulotu to Serve as Directors of the Molokai-Lanai Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Approval for Award of Construction Contract for: Job No. E00CO44A, Environmental Mitigation of the Former Pumphouse at Aiea Military Reservation, Oʻahu, Hawaiʻi.
- Amendment to No. 1 to State Lease No. DOT-A-13-0007, for the Purpose of Adding Land to Existing Lease Premises to Aeko Kula, Inc. DBA Aloha Air Cargo, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-002:014 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Construction Field Office to Hawaiian Dredging Construction Company, Inc., ʻEwa Interisland Maintenance and Cargo Area, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003:001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking to Guardian Flight, Inc., Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001:019 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking to James B. Sundin, Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001:019 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Shared Baggage System to Hawaii Island Air, Inc., Līhuʻe Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001:135 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Heliport Lease to Island Helicopters Kauai, Inc., Līhuʻe Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001:008 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Airport Land to Jack Harter Helicopters, Inc., Līhuʻe Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001:008 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Office Space to Hawaiʻi Island Air, Inc., Līhuʻe Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001:135 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Office Space, Ticket Counters and Holdroom, Hawaii Island Air, Inc., Līhuʻe Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001:135 (Portion).
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:45 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.