Land Board – Submittals – 08/08/14
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, AUGUST 08, 2014
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of May 23, 2014 Minutes
- Approval of June 13, 2014 Minutes
- Approval of June 27, 2014 Minutes
B. CONSERVATION AND ENFORCEMENT
- Request Approval To Seek The Governor’s Approval To Indemnify The City And County Of Honolulu Department Of Parks And Recreation For The Use Of The Koko Head Shooting Complex On September 20-21, 2014 For National Hunting And Fishing Day Celebration.
- The Division of Conservation and Resource Enforcement (DOCARE) will Brief the Board of Land and Natural Resources (BLNR) on the State of Hawai‘i Makai Watch Program, the Overall Functions of the Makai Watch Program, and the Process and Communication Between DLNR and the Makai Watch Communities.
(No decision will be made.)
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Progress Briefing for Research Projects, Educational Tours and Administrative Challenges of the Hawaiʻi Experimental Tropical Forest.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Deny Lessee’s Request for an Extension of Lease Term Pursuant to Act 219, SLH 2011, General Lease No. 3029, Reed’s Bay Resort Hotel, Ltd., Lessee, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawai‘i, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-05:22.
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-3842 and Issuance of Revocable Permit to Kapa‘a Ki-Aikido Club Inc. for Clubhouse Purposes, Wailua, Kawaihau (Puna), Kaua‘i, Tax Map Key:(4) 4-1-009:018.
- Enforcement Action Regarding Violations on Unencumbered Public Lands, Unauthorized Land Clearing, Construction of Housing Structures and Removal of ‘Ōhia Timber by The Village Green Society/Hawai‘i’s Volcano Circus, Kehena, Puna, Hawai‘i; Tax Map Key (3) 1-2-009:015 portion.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to John and Gloria Coston for General Agriculture Purposes, Kahakuloa, Wailuku, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-1-004:049.
- Grant of 55-Year Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to the Association of Unit Owners of (AOUO) Hale Kai O Kīhei for Five (5) Encroachment Areas within the State Beach Reserve; Assess a $500.00 Fine and $260.00 in Administrative Costs Against the AOUO Hale Kai O Kīhei, Waiohuli-Keōkea Beach Homesteads, Kīhei, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-9-008: Portion of 001.
- Amendment of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement, Land Office Deed No. S-28,499, for Access and Utility Purposes, Waiohuli, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-9-009: 013 por. The Purpose of the Amendment is to Increase the Area of the Easement to Cover Existing Encroachments.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Olowalu Elua Associates LLC for Clean-up and Maintenance Purposes of State Unencumbered Land within the Olowalu Beach Reserve at Olowalu, Lāhainā, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-8-003:003.
- Issuance of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easements and an Immediate Management Right of Entry Permit for Utility Purposes to Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc.; Rescind Prior Board Action of June 2, 1967, F-11, Kalihi, Honolulu, O‘ahu; Tax Map Key: (1) 1-3-022:portions of 002 and 004, (1) 1-4-018:portion of 008; (1) 4-5-042:portion of 002.
- Second Amendment of Prior Board Action of April 12, 2013, Item D-12, Grant of Two (2) Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easements to Clara Matthews, Sonny P. Lucas, and Debbie May Silva-Lucas for Access Purposes, by Authorizing the Issuance of Immediate Right-of-Entry Permit for Access Purposes to Clara Matthews; Kunawai, Honolulu, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-7-036:adjacent to 014 and 015.
- Consent to Issuance of Revocable Permit under Governor’s Executive Order No.3447 to New Direction IRA, Inc. Honolulu, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-026: Portion of 027.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to Waikiki Roughwater Swim Committee, Inc. for a Swim Race Event to be held on September 1, 2014, at Waikīkī, Honolulu, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-37:por. 21.
E. STATE PARKS
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. SP-0124 Paul and Arline Matsunaga, Assignors to Isaac and Debra Hookano, Assignees. Lot 63, Pu‘u Ka Pele, Waimea (Kona), Kaua‘i, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-4-002:063.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Brian Bowen, University of Hawai‘i, Hawaiīi Institute of Marine Biology, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Genetic Survey Activities.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit Amendment to Mr. Jacob Asher, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Videographic Surveys of Coral Reef Fishes Research Activities.
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Request Approval for Termination of Harbor Lease No. H-86-9 (C) Issued to Braun Management Co., Ltd. Located at Mā‘alaea Small Boat Harbor, Kealaloa, Ukumehame, Wailuku, Maui, Tax Map Key No. (2) 3-6-01:34.
- Request that the Board of Land and Natural Resources Approve the Amendments to Hawai‘i Administrative Rules (HAR), Section 13-233-26, Charges for Parking – Allows the Board of Land and Natural Resources to Set Vehicle Parking Rates at Equal to or Less Than State or County Rates and Section 13-256-16, Thrill Craft Operations; General – Clarifies that Individuals Who Have Completed and Received a Certification for Thrill Craft Operations from an Accredited Institution of Higher Learning Meets the Mandatory Vessel Education Requirement of Section 13-244-15.5 that Takes Effect on November 10, 2014. The Rules can be reviewed online at https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dobor/draft-rules/ or can be reviewed in person at any small boat harbor from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except Holidays.
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Request that the Board of Land and Natural Resources Approve of the Department Entering into a Memorandum of Agreement Between the Department of Land and Natural Resources and the University of Hawai‘i, School of Ocean, Earth Science and Technology (SEOEST), to Support the Development of Information for the Coastal Lands Data Program and Sea-Level Rise Vulnerability and Adaptation Report Required Pursuant to HB1714 HD1 SD1 CD1, 27th Legislature.
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) MA-3706 for the After the Fact Recreational Facility by Maui Canoe Club Located at Mā‘alaea Bay, Kīhei, Waikapū, Maui, Portion of Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-005:003.
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) HA-3705 Regarding Darrin and Debra Carlson’s Single Family Residence (SFR) Project, Located in the Puna District, Island of Hawai‘i, on Tax Map Key: (3) 1-5-010:028.
- Certification of Election of Brad Lau to Serve as a Director of the Mauna Kea Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Appointment of Tyler Jones and Nathan Miranda to Serve as Directors for the Windward O‘ahu Soil and Water Conservation District.
- AMENDMENT- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawai‘i Pacific University, Hawai‘i Lifestyle Retail Properties LLC and Swinerton Builders to Provide Ingress and Egress for Forklifts, Roll-off Trucks and Other Equipment for the Performance of Additional Demolition and Construction Work at the Aloha Tower Marketplace and to Provide Pedestrian Access to Customers of the Aloha Tower Marketplace during the Period of Demolition and Construction, situated at Piers 8, 9, 10, and Pedestrian Access Easement “A”, Honolulu Harbor, Honolulu, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-001:001 and 063 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Korean Air Lines, Co., Ltd, for the Purposes of a Passenger Check-in Counter, Overseas Terminal, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003:058 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Direct Lease for Truck, Trailer, Container and Employee Parking to Y. Hata & Company, Limited, 2929 and 2919 Ualena Street, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-004:013 and 012.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Storage to Unique Computer Systems DBA the Lange Group, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-076: 022 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking to Linne F. Holmberg, Dillingham Airfield, Wailua, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-8-014:016 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Trailer to Johnson Controls, Inc., Kahului Airport, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001:019 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Trailer to Johnson Controls, Inc., Lāna‘i Airport, Lāna‘i, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-9-002:055 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Trailer to Johnson Controls, Inc., Moloka‘i Airport, Moloka‘i, Tax Map Key: (2) 5-2-004:008 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Land for Storage of an Office Trailer to K & S Helicopters, Inc., Space No. 006-101, Kona International Airport at Keahole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043:040 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Land for Storage of an Office Trailer K & S Helicopters, Inc., Space No. 006-104A, Kona International Airport at Keāhole, Hawai‘i, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043: 040 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable permit for a Podium to Alaska Airlines, Inc., Līhu‘e Airport, Kaua‘i, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001:008 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Shared Baggage System to Alaska Airlines, Inc., Līhu‘e Airport, Kaua‘i, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001: 008 (Portion).
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:45 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.