Land Board – Submittals – 09/26/14
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, September 26, 2014
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of July 25, 2014 Minutes
- Approval of August 22, 2014 Minutes
D. LAND DIVISION
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Charmaine Manuel, por. Kekaha House Lots & Kekaha Residence Lots, for Pasture Purposes, Kekaha, Waimea, Kauaʻi, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-3-002:030.
- Amend Prior Board Action “Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to the Department of Accounting and General Services on State Encumbered Lands, Dams and Reservoirs on Kauaʻi; Dam Maintenance and Remediation Improvements for Aʻahoaka, Hanamāulu Field 21, Wailua, Upper Kapahi and Lower Kapahi Dams and Reservoirs, in Wailua, Kapaia, and Kapahi, Kauaʻi; Tax Map Keys: (4) 3-9-002:001, 020; 4-2-001:004, 005, 008; 4-6-007:011; 4-4-004:004; 4-6-006:007; 4-6-032:022”, approved as amended on September 22, 2010, under Agenda Item D-1, to revise the Declaration for Exemption from the Preparation of an Environmental Assessment for the Upper Kapahi Reservoir, located on Tax Map Key: (4) 4-6-007:011.
- Amend Prior Board Action of July 25, 2014, Item D-1, Approve Negotiated Development Agreement, and Proposed Plans and Specifications for Improvements for General Lease No. S-3832, and General Lease No. S-5578, Pixar Development, LLC, Lessee; Authorize the Extension, Amendment and Restatement of General Lease No. S-3832, and General Lease No. S-5578, Pixar Development, LLC, Lessee, for an Aggregate Term of 55 Years, Kapaʻa Town Lots, Kapaʻa, Kawaihau, Kauaʻi, Tax Map Keys: (4) 4-5-011:046 and (4) 4-5-012:005. The purpose of the amendment is to clarify that the Board’s approval of the lease extensions is in concept only at this time.
- Enforcement Action Regarding Violations on Unencumbered Public Lands, Unauthorized Land Clearing, Construction of Housing Structures and Removal of Ohia Timber by The Village Green Society/Hawaiʻi’s Volcano Circus, Kehena, Puna, Hawaiʻi; TMK (3) 1-2-009:015 portion.
- Consent to Lease Term Extension Pursuant to Act 207, Session Laws of Hawaiʻi 2011, General Lease No. S-3598, Mauna Kea Infrared, LLC, Lessee; Amendment of Terms and Conditions Regarding Allowed Use, Assignment and Sublease Provisions for General Lease No. S-3598; Lot 17, Kanoelehua Industrial Lots, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-2-050:085.
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-7618 to Stable Road Beach Restoration Foundation, Inc., Grant of Four Term, Non-Exclusive Easements to: (1) the Association of Apartment Owners of ʻAinalani Lot 6, and (2) David B. Lim and Jan D. Lim, Trustees of The D & J Family Trust Dated August 30, 2006, (3) Cortland K. Larned III, Elizabeth M. Larned, and Ian Horswill, and (4) James C. Riley, Trustee under Declaration of Revocable Trust of James C. Riley dated November 21, 1989, Jeanne A. Riley, Trustee under Declaration of Revocable Trust of Jeanne A. Riley dated November 21, 1989, and Peter Klint Martin, Trustee of the Peter Klint Martin Revocable Trust dated April 11, 1995, as amended, for Rock Groins Purposes; Issuance of Immediate Construction Right-of-Entry to Stable Road Beach Restoration Foundation, Inc. for Rock Groins Purposes, Sprecklesville, Wailuku, Maui, Seaward of Tax Map Keys: (2) 3-8-002:071, 074, 077, 078 & 094.
- Approval for Acquisition of Private Lands situate at Honokōhau and Honolua, Lāhainā, Maui, identified as Tax Map Key No.: (2) 4-1-001:010.
- Issuance of Right of Entry Permit to TEAM Unlimited, LLC. for the XTERRA Off – Road Triathlon World Championship, Honolua, Lāhainā, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-002-004: Seaward of 014, 015 and 016.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to the ʻOahu Hawaiian Canoe Racing Association for the 2014 Molokai Hoe, Kaiwi Channel Canoe Race Event Operations and Staging Purposes; Tax Map Key: (2) 5-1-002: 012, Hale-o-Lono, Kaluakoʻi, Molokaʻi.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement for Communication Cable Purposes to Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc.; Issuance of Management Right of Entry Permit; Moanalua, Honolulu, ʻOahu, Tax Map Key (1) 1-1-013:portions of 001.
- Withdrawal from Governor’s Executive Order No. 4170 to Department of Transportation for Maritime Purposes; Sand Island, Honolulu, ʻOahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-041:Portions of 006, 022, 130, and 334.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Waikīkī Beach Activities, Ltd. for Beach Event Purposes from September 28 to October 3, 2014, Waikīkī, Honolulu, ʻOahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:Portion of 021.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Waikīkī Beach Activities, Ltd. for Site Assessment for Future Zip-Line Operation Purposes from October 20 to 22, 2014, Waikīkī, Honolulu, ̒Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037: Portion of 021.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit for Recreational and Maintenance Purposes to Resorttrust Hawaiʻi, LLC; Issuance of Management Right-of-Entry, Waiʻalae, Honolulu, ʻOahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-5-023:041.
E. STATE PARKS
- Approval to Enter Into a Grant-In-Aid Agreement with the Girl Scouts of Hawaiʻi, to Fund Certain Infrastructure and Facility Improvements on Private Lands at Girl Scouts Camps Located at Camp Paumalū, Koʻolauloa, ʻOahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 5-9-006:012, Camp Piʽiholo, Makawao, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-4-013:074 and Camp Kilohana, South Kohala, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 4-4-015:005.
- Request for Final Approval To Adopt a New Chapter Under Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules as Title 13 Chapter 95.1, Island-Based Fisheries Rules, to Establish New Bag and Size Limits for Maui Island Fisheries.
The Rules can be reviewed online at https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dar/rules-and-public-notices/ or can be reviewed in person at the Division of Aquatic Resources (DAR) offices on Oahu at 1151 Punchbowl St. Room 330 Honolulu, Hawaii 96809 and/or the Maui office at 130 Mahalani St. Wailuku, Hawaii 96793 from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except Holidays.
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) MA-3710 for Landscaping by Douglas Poseley Located at Olowalu, Lāhainā, Mau‘i, Tax Map Keys: (2) 4-8-003:047; 084; and 001.
- Request Acceptance of the Final Environmental Assessment and Approval for the Issuance of a Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) for Keāhua Stream Bridge, Līhuʻe, Island of Kauaʽi.
- Authorize the Approval and Issuance of Dam Safety Construction/Alteration Permit No. 69 – Dam Removal of The Happy Valley Flood Prevention Dam (MA-0125) from The Board of Land and Natural Resources’ Jurisdiction, Wailuku, Maui, Hawaiʻi
- Authorize The Approval To Revise Department of Land and Natural Resources Dam Safety Construction/Alteration Permit. Permit No. 44 – To Remove Upper Kapahi Reservoir (KASpecial Meeting Briefing -0013), Kapaʻa, Kauaʽi, Hawaiʻi.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Rebecca’s Fine Collections, Inc. DBA R.F.C. Group, Keʻehi Industrial Lots, Honolulu, ʻOahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-2-023: 040, 072 & 090.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Aloha Agricultural Consultants, Inc., Keʻehi Industrial Lots, Honolulu, ʻOahu, Tax map Key: (1) 1-2-023: 049.
- Clarification of Prior Board Action of May 23, 2014, Item M-14, Amending the Prior Board Action of March 8, 2013, Item M-3, Acquisition of Private Lands and Set Aside to the County of Hawaiʻi for Roadway Purposes, Hilo, Island of Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-007: 005 & 007.
- Withdrawal of Governor’s executive Order No. 1988 to Department of Transportation for Receiving or Discharging Passengers, and for Loading and Landing Merchandise, with Warehouse or Warehouse Space, Office or Office Space, Storage for Wares and Merchandise, Kawaihae 1st, South Kohala, Island of Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-1-003:025.
- Amendment to Action Taken Under Item M-1 of the Land Board Agenda of April 11, 2014, Regarding Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-07-0001, In-Bond (Duty Free) Concession to Revise the Concession Fee, Provide for Further Extension of Term in the Event that Improvements Constructed on Behalf of the DOT by Concessionaire Exceed Cost Estimates, and Allow for Conversion of Duty Free Merchandise to Duty Paid Merchandise Under Certain Circumstances, DFS Group, L.P., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003:001.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Staging and Construction Field Office, JAS. W. Glover, Ltd., Runway Staging Areas, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003:001.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Staging and Construction Field Office, Paul’s Electrical Contracting LLC, Runway Staging Areas, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003:001.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Company Truck and Container Parking, Royal Hawaiian Movers, Inc., 2865 and 2855 Ualena Street, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-04-006 and 1-1-04-007.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Facility for Moving Operations, Royal Hawaiian Movers, Inc., 2989 Ualena Street, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-004-019.
- Issuance of Two Direct Leases for Moving Operations and Company Truck and Container Parking, Royal Hawaiian Movers, Inc., Ualena Street, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-004:019 and 1-1-004:006 & 007.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Storage, McBride, Kirk W., Rewick, Kenneth E., and Scott Jr., Robert M., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-076:020.
- Consent to Sublease, Restaurant and Lounge Concession Lease No. DOT-A-07-0012, Volume Services, Inc. DBA Centerplate to KBS “Kona’s Best Snacks” LLC, Kona International Airport at Keāhole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043:001.
- Issuance of a Heliport Lease, Safari Aviation, Inc., Līhuʻe Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001:008.
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:45 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.