Land Board – Submittals – 10/10/14
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, October 10, 2014
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of August 22, 2014 Minutes
B. CONSERVATION AND RESOURCE ENFORCEMENT
- Request for Approval of the State of Hawaii Makai Watch Program and Authorization for the State Makai Watch Coordinator to Facilitate the Memorandum of Agreement Process with Compliant Makai Watch Site Programs.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Denial of Request for Contested Case Hearing by Pacific Alliance to Stop Slavery Regarding Petition for Contested Case Hearing Regarding Issuance of Direct Lease and Immediate Right-of-Entry to the City and County of Honolulu for Temporary Mobile Access to Services and Housing (TMASH) for Housing First Transition Purposes, Sand Island, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-041: Portions of 130 and 334, together with rights of access and utility easements.
- Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 4053; Issuance of Direct Lease to The Episcopal Church in Hawaii for Church and School Purposes, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-018:004.
- After-the-Fact Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hilton Hawaiian Village LLC for Beach Activities Purposes on October 11, 2014, Waikīkī , Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:Portion of 021.
- Amend Prior Board Action of December 9, 2010, Item D-6, Cancel Governor’s Executive Order (GEO) Nos. 1330, 1786, and 1795, and Reset Aside to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation for Ala Wai Small Boat Harbor, Beach Control and Related Purposes, Kewalo and Kalia, Waikīkī, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 2-1-58: Various, (1) 2-3-37: Various, (1) 2-6-01, 02, 04, 05, 10: Various, and (1) 3-1-30, 31, 32: Various. And
Re-submittal – Issuance of Revocable Permit for Recreational and Maintenance Purposes to Resorttrust Hawaii, LLC; Issuance of Management Right-of-Entry, Waialae, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-5-023:041.
- Withdrawal from Governor’s Proclamation dated December 31, 1918 for the Mokuleia Forest Reserve and Reset Aside to the Department of Accounting and General Services for Public Safety Communication Purposes; Issuance of an Immediate Construction and Management Right of Entry, Waialua, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-8-001: por. 004.
- Request for Final Approval of Special Activity Permit 2015-33 for Mr. Timothy Brown, Mokupapapa Discovery Center, to Take Regulated Live Corals From the East Hawaii Coastline Around Hilo, Hawaiʻi.
- Enforcement Action Imposing Fine Against Mr. Elpie Valdez For Engaging in Illegal Lay Net Activity at Kanahā Beach Park, Maui.
- Informational Briefing on Proposed Amendments to the Division of Aquatic Resources’ Administrative Sanctions Schedule For The Processing of All Aquatic Resource Violations. (Non-Decision Making Item).
- Informational Briefing on Community Based Subsistence Fishing Area Designation Under Hawai‘i Revised Statute §188-22.6. (Non-Decision Making Item)
- Request for Approval of Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) Operational Policy Governing the Aquatic Restoration and Mitigation Trust Fund.
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Extension Request OA-15-02 for a Two-Year Extension of the Construction Deadlines for Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) OA-3589, by Tropical Sands Apartments, for Reconstruction of the Kainalu Seawall, on the Kaluahole Coast, Waikīkī Ahupuaʻa, Kona District, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-1-033:001
- Extension Request HA-15-01 for a Two-Year Extension of the Construction Deadlines for Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) HA-3549, by Hawaiʻi Housing Finance and Development Corporation, for the Keōpū Well, Reservoir, and Transmission Line at Hienaloli, Lanihau, North Kona District, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-5-013:022.
- Mutual Termination of Harbor Lease No. H-91-22, Dated December 20, 1993, Issued to the Honolulu Fire Department, City and County of Honolulu at Pier 15, Honolulu Harbor, Honolulu Oʻahu.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, North Shore Aviation LLC, Dillingham Airfield, Waiālua, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-08-014-001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Terrapac Imagery LLC, Dillingham Airfield, Waiālua, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-08-014-001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Land to Store an Office Trailer, Rec Solar Commercial Corporation, Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-08-001:019 (Portion).
- Re-submittal- Amendment to Action Taken Under Item M-1 of the Land Board Agenda of April 11, 2014, Regarding Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-07-0001, In-Bond (Duty Free) Concession to Revise the Concession Fee, Provide for Further Extension of Term in the Event that Improvements Constructed on Behalf of the DOT by Concessionaire Exceed Cost Estimates, and Allow for Conversion of Duty Free Merchandise to Duty Paid Merchandise Under Certain Circumstances, DFS Group, L.P., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003:001 (Portion).
- Request Approval of a Use Permit Between the State of Hawaii, Department of Defense, Hawaii Army National Guard (HIARNG) and the County of Kauaʽi/ Kauaʽi Police Department, for Access to, and Partial use of, the HIARNG’s Hanapēpē Armory Building 1 Located at 1-3460 Kaumualiʽi Highway, Hanapēpē, Kauaʽi, Tax Map Key (4) 1-08-008:077 (Portion).
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:45 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.