Land Board – Submittals – 01/09/15
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, January 09, 2015
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of September 25, 2014 Minutes
- Approval of September 26, 2014 Minutes
- Approval of October 10, 2014 Minutes
- Approval of October 24, 2014 Minutes
- Approval of November 13, 2014 Minutes
- Approval of November 14, 2014 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request Approval for Selection of Competitive Sealed Proposal Process and Authorize the Chairperson to Award and Execute a Contract for the Removal of Feral Cattle from Honuaʻula Forest Reserve, North Kona District, Hawaiʻi County, Tax Map Keys: (3) 7-4-001:002, 007 and (3) 7-5-013:022.
- Issuance of Special Use Permit No. FW-2015-H-01 to Palani Ranch Company, Inc., Kaila-Kona, North Kona, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Keys (3) 7-4-002:Portion of 007
Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption from Chapter 343, Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, Environmental Assessment Requirement for the Project.
- Request Approval of the Wetland Restoration and Habitat Enhancement Plan, Kawainui Marsh; Acceptance of the Final Environmental Assessment for the Subject Plan; and Issuance of a Finding of No Significant Impact for the Proposed Project, Tax Map Keys (1) 4-2-013: Portions of 005 and 022, Kailua, Oʻahu.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Forfeiture of General Lease No. S-4665, DMS Diesel Repair, LLC, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-2-037:098.
- Approve a 10-Year Term Extension of General Lease No. S-3600, Hilo Mechanical, Inc., Lessee, Pursuant to Act 207, Session Laws of Hawaii 2011 and an Amendment of Terms and Conditions Regarding Allowed Use, Assignment and Sublease Provisions for General Lease No. S-3600; Lot 29, Kanoelehua Industrial Lots, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-2-050:097.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit for Agriculture Purposes to Ermino Mazzarino, Kiolakaʻa, Kaʻu, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 9-4-003:014.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Douglas Poseley for Clean-up and Maintenance Purposes of State Unencumbered Land within the Olowalu Beach Reserve at Olowalu, Lāhainā, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-8-003: Portions of 001 and 003.
- After-the-Fact Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Magic Island Productions, Inc. for Live Broadcast of Television program Purposes on December 26, 2014 to January 2, 2015, Waikīkī, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-37:Portion of 21.
- After-the-Fact Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaiʻi Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display at Duke Kahanamoku Beach on January 5, 2015, Waikīkī, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Portion).
- Amend Prior Board Action of March 13, 2009, Item D-5; Approval in Principle to Set Aside to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife for Waimānalo Forest Reserve Purposes; Rescind Prior Approval dated June 26, 1992, Item F-9; Authorize the Division of Forestry and Wildlife to Conduct an After-the-fact Public Hearing Relating to Waimānalo Forest Reserve; at Kailua, Kaneʻohe, and Waimānalo, Koʻolaupoko, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key (1) 4-1-008:013, 4-1-010:074, 091 & 093, 4-2-005:001, and 4-2-010:portion of 001
The Amendment is Regarding the Acreages for Tax Map Key (1) 4-2-010: portion of 001 for the Set Aside.
- Issuance of Direct Lease to the Water Board of the County of Hawaii for Windfarm and Related Communication/Energy Facilities Purposes; Consent to Sublease Between the Water Board of the County of Hawaiʻi, as Sublessor, and Lālāmilo Wind Company, LLC, as Sublessee; Consent to Sub-leasehold Mortgage, Security Agreement and Financing Statement, Lālāmilo Wind Company, LLC, as Mortgagor, to American Savings Bank, F.S.B., as Mortgagee; Issuance of Right-of-Entry to Water Board of the County of Hawaii for Survey and Maintenance Purposes, Lālāmilo, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Keys: 3rd/ 6-6-01:02 por., 71 & 76.
- Approval to Issue a Revocable Permit to Bottling Group, LLC. to Operate Up to Five (5) Beverage Vending Machines for Business and/or Commercial Purposes, Diamond Head State Monument, Waikīkī, O’ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-1-042:006 (por.).
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Approval to Initiate Rule-Making Proceedings, Including Public Hearing to Amend Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) § 13-256-152 Kahaluʻu Bay in Order to Update Location Designations, and Revise Swim and Surf Zone Restrictions Within Kahaluʻu Bay. Attached to this Agenda and Incorporated Herein as Exhibit A are the Proposed Changes to HAR § 13-256-152.
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Alleged Conservation District Use Violation (OA-15-09) by Mr. Garrett Saikley and Robert Carpenter for Alleged Unauthorized Land Uses in the Conservation District on State Submerged Land and the Paiko Lagoon Wildlife Sanctuary at Kuliʻouʻou 1st, Honolulu, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key (1) 3-8-001:001 (Wildlife Sanctuary) and Submerged Land.
- Appointment and Selection of a Hearing Officer to Conduct All Hearings for Contested Case (OA 15-2) Regarding Conservation District Enforcement File OA 15-3 for the Unauthorized Excavation and Installation of an Erosion Control Structure Located Upon Submerged Land at Hale‘iwa, O‘ahu, Makai of 59-165D Ke Nui Road, Tax Map Key: (1) 5-9-002:17.
- Issuance of Direct Lease to University of Hawaiʻi for Ocean Research and Education Purposes, and Termination of General Lease No. S-4488 issued to University of Hawaiʻi for the Snug Harbor Facility, Kapālama Basin, Honolulu Harbor, Island of Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-34 , por 4, 8, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19, 20, 22, 27, 28, and 32 and (1) 1-5-36, por 1, por 2 and por 10 and (1) 1-5-42, por 5, of Land Court Application 477 and Land Court Consolidation 82, as shown on the attached map labeled Exhibit A.
- Amendment No. 1 to State Lease No. DOT-A-07-0004 for the Purpose of Installing Photovoltaic Solar Panels, Schuman Aviation Company, Ltd., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-71: Portion of 33.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Pacific Air Charters, Inc., Office Space for Charter Operations, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-72: Portion of 69.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for an Automated Fuel Facility and Fuel Facility site for Three (3) Above Ground Storage Tanks for Jet-A-Fuel, Airstart Aero Hawaiʻi, LLC, Dillingham Airfield, Waiālua, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-08-14: Portion of 1.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Hana Hou Air LLC, Dillingham Airfield, Waiālua, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-08-14: Portion of 16.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Park Mobile Fuel Trucks and Ramp Equipment for Fueling Operations, Barbers Point Aviation Services, LLC, Kalaeloa Airport, Island of Oʻahu, State of Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 32.
- Consent to Assignment of State Lease No. DOT-A-08-0020 from Perry, Colin K. to Barbers Point Aviation Services, LLC., Kalaeloa Airport, Island of Oʻahu, State of Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 32.
- Approval in Concept for the Acquisition of Privately-Owned Lands for Airport Purposes, Situate at Kahului, Island and County of Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001: Portion of 002.
- Amendment No. 5 to Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-10-0008 to Add Storage Space to the Retail Concession, Tiare Enterprises Inc., Hilo International Airport and Kona International Airport at Keāhole, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Lei Stand, Lana Haasenritter DBA Ah Lan’s Lei Stand, Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12: Portion of 09.
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.