Land Board – Submittals – 06/26/15
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, June 26, 2015
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of March 13, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of April 10, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of April 24, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of May 8, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of May 22, 2015 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request the Issuance of Administrative and Civil Penalties of $9,100.75 Pursuant to Chapter 195, Hawaii Revised Statutes, to Ahiu Hawaii LLC for Violations of Chapter 13-209, Hawaii Administrative Rules, at Kahaualea Natural Area Reserve, Puna, Hawaii, Tax Map Key (3) 3-1-001:001.
- Amendment to a Prior Board Action Approving the Addition of Approximately 700 Acres to the Kanaio Natural Area Reserve; Makawao, Maui, Tax Map Key 2-1:03:50 (Por).
- Progress Briefing for Research Projects, Educational Tours and Administrative Challenges of the Hawai‘i Experimental Tropical Forest Hawai‘i (Tax Map Key (3) 3-7-001:002; (3) 3-7-001:012; (3) 7-1-001:001; (3) 7-1-001:004; (3) 7-1-001:006; (3) 7-1-001:007: (3) 7-1-002:001; (3) 7-1-002:013; (3) 7-1-002:002; (3) 7-1-002:008).
- Request for Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Kauai Bodyboarding Association for “The Shippies Pro/Am Challenge” Bodyboard contest to be held on July 11 and 12, 2015 with backup dates of July 18 and July 19, 2015 at Shipwreck Beach, Poʻipū, Kauaʻi, Tax Map Key: (4) 2-9-001:seaward of 002.
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-7766 to Antone Reis and Lorraine Reis and Request for Waiver of Level One (1) Hazardous Waste Evaluation Requirement, Wailua Rice and Kula Lots, Wailua, Līhuʻe, Puna, Kauaʻi, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-9-003:005 and 010.
- Consent to Transfer of 40% Ownership Interest of Parent Company of Puna Geothermal Venture, Sublessee Under Geothermal Resource Mining Lease No. R-2, with an Estoppel Certificate, Kapoho, Puna, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3)1-4-001:001, 003, 019, 058 and portion of 002.
- Rescind Prior Board Action of February 27, 2015, Agenda Item D-5, Approve a One-Year Holdover and Subsequent Month-to-Month Revocable Permit for General Lease No. 3269, Country Club-Hawaiʻi,, Inc., Lessee; Approve a Three and One-Half Month Holdover of General Lease No. 3269, Country Club-Hawaiʻi,, Inc.; Issuance of a Month-to-Month Revocable Permit to the Association of Apartment Owners of Country Club Hawaiʻi,, Inc. to be Effective upon Expiration of the Holdover, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-005:020.
- Deny Request for a Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement; Assess $500 Fine Against Cynthia Kay Anderson, for Seawall Encroachment Purposes, Lālāmilo, South Kohala, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-9-001: portion of 002.
- Consent to the County of Hawaiʻi,, Department of Parks and Recreation Entering Into a Memorandum of Understanding with The United States Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service to Establish an Area of Critical Habitat for Three Endangered Native Plant Species on State Lands under the Management and Control of the County of Hawaiʻi, by Governor’s Executive Order No. 4355, Kealakehe, North Kona, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3)7-4-020:007 portion.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Beach Activities, Ltd. for Beach Activities Purposes to be held on July 7 to 9, and 18, 2015, Waikīkī, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:Portion of 021.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Paul T. Noto, Trustee of the Paul T. Noto Trust Agreement dated July 7, 1988 and Teruko Noto, Trustee of the Teruko Noto Trust Agreement dated July 7, 1988 for Pier Purposes; Termination of Revocable Permit No. S-5414; Kaneohe, Koʻolaupoko, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-5-001: Seaward of 018.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Dr. Kelly Gleason Keogh, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Maritime Heritage Activities.
- Request for Approval of Special Activity Permit 2016-14 for Michael Blum, Tulane University, Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, for use of electro-fisher to collect non-native freshwater species in streams on Oʻahu.
- Request for Approval of Special Activity Permit 2016-07 for Dr. Samuel Kahng, Hawaiʻi, Pacific University, to Conduct Research Using Core Samples from State Regulated Stony Corals in Oʻahu, Kauai, and Maui to Study Historical Proxies for Climate Change
- Request For Approval to Adopt a New Chapter Under Hawaii, Administrative Rules As Title 13 Chapter 86, “Sea Cucumber”, Through Emergency Rulemaking Procedures to Protect Against the Overharvest of Sea Cucumbers From State Waters.
The Rules can be reviewed online at http://ltgov.hawaii.gov/the-office/administrative-rules/ or can be reviewed or obtained in person at the Division of Aquatic Resources (DAR) offices on Oʻahu at 1151 Punchbowl St. Room 330 Honolulu, Hawaiʻi, 96809 from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except Holidays.
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) HA-3727 Regarding the Dr. Charles Love Proposed Single Family Residence and Land and Resource Management Project, Located in the Puna District, Island of Hawai’i, on Tax Map Key: (3) 1-3-002:070.
- Time Extension Request to Extend the Deadline for an Additional Seven (7) Months for Poka Place, LLC to Apply for an After-The-Fact Conservation District Use Permit for Earth Retention Walls and Landscaping Improvements Located at Diamond Head State Monument, Island of O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-1-042:017 (por.).
- Certification of Elections of Jeff Rebugio and Ian Swezey to Serve as Directors of the West Maui Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Appointment of Leonard Vierra to Serve as a Director of the East Kauai Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Consent to Issuance of Revocable Permit for Space under Governor’s Executive Order No. 3283 to U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Maui Community-Based Outpatient Clinic, Lāhainā, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-5-021:016.
- Consent to Issuance of Revocable Permit for Space under Governor’s Executive Order No. 3283 to Maui AIDS Foundation, Lāhainā, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-5-021:016.
- Consent to Issuance of Revocable Permit for Space under Governor’s Executive Order No. 3283 to Maui Sexual Assault Center, A Program of Child and Family Service, Lāhainā, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-5-021:016.
- Issuance of Direct Fast-Fueling Facility Lease, Douglas Aircraft, Inc., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 2.
- Issuance of a Heliport Lease, County of Hawaiʻi, Fire Department, Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12:Portion of 90.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Parking for an Aircraft Tie-Down, Jeffery W. Hoff, Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12:Portion of 90.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar and an End Room, Michael Singer, Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12:Portion of 90.
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.