LAND BOARD – SUBMITTALS – 07/10/15
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, July 10, 2015
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of April 10, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of April 24, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of May 8, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of May 22, 2015 Minutes
B. CONSERVATION AND RESOURCES ENFORCEMENT
- Request Approval to Seek the Governor’s Approval to Indemnify the City and County of Honolulu, Department of Parks and Recreation, for the Use of the Koko Head Shooting Complex on September 19-20, 2015 for National Hunting and Fishing Day Celebration.
- Request Board Approval to Enter into Contracts for Vehicle Purchase between the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement (DOCARE), and Jim Falk Motors of Maui, Inc. and Rainbow Chevrolet.
- Request Board Approval to Delegate Authority to the Chairperson to Review and Approve Contracts for Purchases of Over $100,000 for the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement (DOCARE).
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request For Delegation of Authority For Permits and Actions Under Hawaii Administrative Rules Chapters 13-122 And 13-123, To The Chairperson, The Administrator and Branch Managers of The Division of Forestry And Wildlife
Authorize The Chairperson, And The Administrator And Branch Managers of The Division of Forestry And Wildlife To Determine And Approve Chapter 343, Hawaii Revised Statutes (HRS) Environmental Compliance Requirements, Including Approval of Declarations of Exemptions, as Applicable, For Permits Issued Under The Rules Regulating Hunting In Hawaii Administrative Rules Chapters 13-22 And 13-124.
The Rules can be reviewed online at http://ltgov.hawaii.gov/the-office/administrative- rules/ or can be reviewed or obtained in person at the Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) offices on Oʻahu at 1151 Punchbowl St. Room 325 Honolulu, Hawaiʻi, from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except Holidays.
- Request For Approval to Adopt a New Section Under Hawaii Administrative Rules As Title 13 Chapter 123 Section 21.2 To Restrict Use of and Access to Portions of Public Hunting Areas, Units A and K, Mauna Kea, Hawaii Island, Through Emergency Rulemaking Procedures To Protect Against Imminent Peril To Public Safety and Natural Resources.
The Rules can be reviewed online at http://ltgov.hawaii.gov/the-office/administrative-rules/ or can be reviewed or obtained in person at the Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) offices on Oʻahu at 1151 Punchbowl St. Room 325 Honolulu, Hawaiʻi, 96809 or on Hawaii Island at 19 E. Kawili Street, Hilo, Hawaii 96720 from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except Holidays.
*THIS ITEM WILL BE HEARD NO EARLIER THAN 1:00 PM*
D. LAND DIVISION
- Final approval of the Acquisition of Government (crown) Lands and Issuance of a right-of-entry permit to University of Hawaiʻi for lands at Waiākea, South Hilo, Island of Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Keys: (3) 2-4-56:16
- Amend Prior Board Action of June 13, 2014, Item D-6, Direct Lease to the University of Hawaiʻi for Education, Housing, and Related Purposes, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-4-001:024 and (3) 2-4-056:014. And
Purpose of the amendment is to: 1) include in the direct lease to the University of Hawaiʻi, the former U.S. Army Reserve Site, identified as Tax Map Key: (3) 2-4-056:016, and 2) approve lease form for issuance of direct lease to the University of Hawaiʻi.
- Sale of Old Government Road Remnant to Robinson Family Partners, por. of Makaweli, Waimea, Kauaʻi, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-7-005:por. 001. 3
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Big Island Invasive Species Committee for Eradication of Invasive Albizia Trees located on Unencumbered State Lands at Keonepoko Iki, Keonepoko Nui and Makuʻu, Puna, Hawaiʻi; Tax Map Keys: (3)1-5-009:009 & 010 and (3) 1-5-010:002 & 003.
- Amend Prior Board Action of June 27, 2014, Item D-6, Cancellation of Revocable Permit S-7711 Richard E. Souza and Donna Lee Souza with Issuance of New Month-to-Month Revocable Permit to Richard E. and Donna Lee Souza, for Pasture Purposes, Waiohinu, Kāʻū, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 9-5-005: portion 003. And
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry to Hawaiʻi Explosives and Pyrotechnics, Inc. For Aerial Fireworks Display on July 13, 2015 at Kahala Hotel, Waialae, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-5-023: seaward of 041 (Portion).
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to August J. Monge and Veronica Q. Monge for Rock Seawall Purposes; Issuance of Management Right-of-Entry, Kaipapaʻu, Koʻolauloa, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 5-4-003:Seaward of 035.
- Request to Amend Prior Board Action of May 8, 2015 (Item D-16), Amendment and Consent to Assignment of Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement No. S-5339, Sunset View Properties, LLC, as Assignor, to Stephen James McGillin and Diane Lynn McGillin, Trustees of The STEPHEN AND DIANE MCGILLIN 2002 TRUST dated November 14, 2002, as Assignee, Pupukea-Paumalau Beach Lots, Koʻolauloa, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 5-9-020:050 seaward. Rescind Prior Board Action of March 27, 2009, item D-13. The Purpose of the Amendment is to Allow the Easement to “Run with the Land” and to Inure to the Benefit of the Private Property it Abuts. And
The purpose of the current amendment is to clarify that there are two separate assignments at issue: (1) from Sunset View Properties, LLC, as Assignor, to Kenneth V. Krebs, as Assignee, and (2) subsequently from Kenneth V. Krebs, as Assignor, to Stephen James McGillin and Diane Lynn McGillin, Trustees of The STEPHEN AND DIANE MCGILLIN 2002 TRUST dated November 14, 2002, as Assignee. The prior Board action will therefore be amended to indicate the correct names of the assignors and assignees. An additional purpose of amendment is to modify the standard form of Board consent to exclude any covenant by the assignor regarding continuing liability under the easement.
- Consent to Sublease and Change of Permitted Use; General Lease No. S-5478, Office of Hawaiian Affairs, Lessee, to Hi’ipaka LLC, Sublessee, Haleiwa, Waiālua, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-6-009:023.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaiʻi Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display at Lanikuhonua Beach on July 18, 2015, Honouliuli, Ewa, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-057:seaward of 001 (Portion) .
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. SP-0167 Damascio and Thelma Ruiz, Assignors, to Russel Fu and Tracy Fu, Assignees, Lot 38 Pu’u Ka Pele, Waimea Canyon State Park, Waimea (Kona), Kaua’i, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-4-002:043.
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Christopher Wall, Hawaiʻi Institute of Marine Biology, University of Hawaiʻi, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Coral Bleaching Assessment Activities.
- Termination of Boating Lease No. BO-13120 dated December 6, 2013 between the State of Hawaiʻi, Lessor, and Honey Bee USA, Inc., Lessee; Cancellation of BLNR Approval of Non-Exclusive Term Easement to Honey Bee USA, Inc.; Honolulu, Oʻahu, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Keys (1) 2-3-037:012 (por) and 020; (1) 2-6-010:003 (por), 005 and 016.
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Intentionally Left Blank.
- Request by Sandy L. Feng to Deviate from the Hawai‘i Administrative Rules, Chapter 13-5, Single Family Residential Standards to Place a Water Tank Within the Setback Area of a Parcel Located at 121 Forest Ridge Way, Tantalus, Honolulu, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-5-016:023.
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3739 for a Single Family Residence and Related Improvements by Adam Spurgat and Jacey Waterhouse Located at Tantalus, Honolulu, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-5-018:016.
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) KA-3724 for the Demolition and Removal of an Existing 0.2 Million Gallon (MG) Water Tank and the Installation of a New 0.5 MG Water Tank and Additional Site Improvements by the County of Kaua‘i, Department of Water Located at the Kukuiolono Park and Golf Course, Kalāheo, Kaua‘i, Tax Map Key: (4) 2-3-005: Portions of 002, 006, and 025.
- Authorization to Issue Procurement Solicitations and Award of Contracts Under Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes Chapter 103D for Various Capital Improvements Program Projects Listed in Exhibit 1.
- Certification of Elections of Karen Ah Mai, Cid Inouye and Melissa Zeman and Appointment of Iris Iwami and Dudley Kubo to Serve as Directors of the South Oʻahu Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Certification of Elections of Koa Chang and Jacob Tavares to Serve as Directors of the Olinda-Kula Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Declare Project Exempt From Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules for Job No. J45CO49C, Kaʻiwi State Scenic Shoreline Rockfall Mitigation, Oʻahu, Hawaiʻi.
- Application for Geothermal Exploration Permit and Declaration of Exemption from Chapter 343, HRS. Hualālai West Rift Zone, Hawaiʻi Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-009:019, 025, 028, (3) 7-3-010:032, 035, 041, (3) 7-4-008:001, 005, 047, 057.
- Certification of Elections of Virginia Alderson, Troy Keolanui and Dylan Stropshire to Serve as Directors of the Hāmākua Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Resubmittal: Consent to Issuance of Revocable Permit for Space under Governor’s Executive Order No. 3283 to Maui AIDS Foundation, Lāhainā, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-5-021:016.
- Resubmittal: Consent to Issuance of Revocable Permit for Space under Governor’s Executive Order No. 3283 to Maui Sexual Assault Center, A Program of Child and Family Service, Lāhainā, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-5-021:016.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Brian J. Daniel, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 23.
- Amendment No. 1 to State Lease No. DOT-A-14-0015, Additional Space, Y. Hata & Company, Limited, Ualena Street, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-04:Portion of 13.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Parking and Staging of Ground Service Equipment, Koolau Aviation Services Inc., Līhuʻe Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-01: Portion of 8.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.