LAND BOARD – SUBMITTALS – 07/24/15
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, July 24, 2015
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of April 10, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of April 24, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of May 8, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of May 22, 2015 Minutes
- Approval of June 12, 2015 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Acceptance of Hearing Officer’s Report on a Public Hearing for Four Proposed Additions and One Proposed Withdrawal to the Forest Reserve System on the Island of Oʻahu.
Approval and Recommendation to the Governor Issuance of an Executive Order for Addition of Tax Map Keys (1) 2-2-053: Portion of 001; (1) 2-2-053:002 and 003; (1) 2-5-010: Portions of 001 and 003; (1) 2-5-019: Portion of 005; (1) 2-5-019:013; (1) 2-9-031:Portion of 002; (1) 2-9-049:004; and (1) 3-4-033:001, Comprising Approximately 127.818 Acres, to Honolulu Watershed Forest Reserve, Pauoa, Mānoa, Tantalus, and Pālolo, Kona, Oʻahu.
Approval and Recommendation to the Governor Issuance of an Executive Order for Withdrawal of Tax Map Keys (1) 1-4-014:001 and 026; (1) 1-4-016:003; (1) 1-4-018:001, 003, 006, 009, 010, AND 011; (1) 1-4-018: Portions of 012 Through 016; (1) 1-4-020:013, 039, and 053; (1) 1-9-007: Portion of 001; (1) 2-2-041:003, 008, and 013; (1) 2-2-054: Portion of 001; (1) 2-2-054:002; (1) 2-2-055:001; (1) 2-5-019: Portions of 003 and 016; (1) 2-5-024: Portions of 001 Through 003; (1) 2-5-024:004 Through 020; (1) 2-5-024: Portion of 021 and 027; (1) 2-5-024:028 Through 033; (1) 2-9-051:002; (1) 2-9-054:010; (1) 2-9-055:002; (1) 2-9-055: Portion of 006; (1) 2-9-055:007, 008, 009, and 013; (1) 2-9-057: Portions of 006, 011, and 012; (1) 3-3-056:001, 004, and 005; (1) 3-3-056: Portion of 006; (1) 3-3-058:066 and 067; (1) 3-4-010:019; (1) 3-4-020: Portion of 003; (1) 3-4-022:006; (1) 3-4-031:023; (1) 3-4-032:055; (1) 3-5-024:023 and 032; (1) 3-6-004: Portions of 001 and 014; (1) 3-6-019: Portions of 035 and 038, Comprising Approximately 2736.898 Acres, from Honolulu Watershed Forest Reserve, Kalihi, Nuʻuanu, Pauoa, Mānoa, Tantalus, Makiki, and Waʻahila, Kona, Oʻahu.
Approval and Recommendation to the Governor Issuance of an Executive Order for Addition of Tax Map Key (1) 3-7-004:002, Comprising Approximately 263.000 Acres, to Honolulu Watershed Forest Reserve, Niu, Maunalua, Oʻahu.
Approval and Recommendation to the Governor Issuance of an Executive Order for Addition of Tax Map Key (1) 8-5-006:005, Comprising Approximately 300.000 Acres, to Waiʻanae Kai Forest Reserve, Waiʻanae, Oʻahu.
Approval and Recommendation to the Governor Issuance of an Executive Order for Addition of Tax Map Key (1) 4-2-010: Portion of 001, Comprising Approximately 1,744.538 Acres, to Waimānalo Forest Reserve, Waimānalo, Koʻolaupoko, Oʻahu.
- Request Approval for Selection of the Competitive Sealed Proposal Process and Authorize the Chairperson to Award, Execute, and Extend Contracts for the Implementation of Watershed Management Plans Negotiated with Private Landowners for Fiscal Year 2016.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Authorize Negotiation and Execution of Memorandum of Agreement between the Board of Land and Natural Resources and the Department of Education for the Ko Road Rockfall Mitigation Project – Makai Section, Part One, Eleʻele Koloa, Kauaʻi, Tax Map Key No. (4) 2-1-001:006 (Parcel 6).
- Sale of a Portion of Ditch Easement G to Clement T. Esaki and Amy I. Esaki, Trustees of the Clement T. Esaki Trust and Amy I. Esaki Trust, Kapahi Farm Lots, Kapaʻa, Kawaihau, Kauaʻi, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-6-011:028.
- Request for Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaiʻi Sand Festival c/o Julian Miller, for a Sand Castle / Sand Art Contest at Hanalei Bay Beach, Hanalei (Makai), Hanalei, Kauaʻi, Tax Map Key: (4) 5-5-001: seaward of 11, 12, & 13.
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Benjamin F. Frazier and Edie M. Manzano-Frazier for Access and Utility Purposes, Old Volcano Trail, Olaʻa, Puna, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 1-6-033:999.
- Forfeiture of General Lease No. S-3597, Sure Save Supermarket Ltd., Lessee, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-2-032:064.
- Grant of a 65 Year Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Roman Catholic Church in the State of Hawaiʻi (RCCH) for access and utility purposes; Issuance of a Right-Of-Entry Permit to Roman Catholic Church in the State of Hawaiʻi, Kaūmana, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi Tax Map Key: (3) 2-5-003:021 por.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Punaluʻu Ranch, LLC, for Pasture Purposes, Kaʻalaʻala Mauka, Kaʻalaʻala-Kapāpala, Kaʻū, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 9-6-011: portion of 002.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Punaluʻu Ranch, LLC, for Pasture Purposes, Kaʻalaʻala Makai, Kaʻū, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 9-6-013:002.
- Sale of Remnant to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints; Assignment of Board of Land and Natural Resources’ Interest in Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement, Land Office Deed No. S-28,625, to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Onouli, South Kona, Hawaiʻi , Tax Map Key: (3) 8-1-004: Remnant (E-4).
- Authorize Cancelation of Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit No. SB000018 from HSH Nordbank for $1.5 Million and Consent to Issuance of Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit No. XXXXX226, from Bank of America, for $1.5 million; General Lease No. S-5731, Kaheawa Wind Power, LLC; Kaheawa, Lāhainā, Mauʻi, Tax Map Key (2) 4-8-001:001 por.; And
Authorize Cancelation of Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit No. S320635M from UnionBank for $1.5 Million and Consent to Issuance of Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit No. 68111616, from Bank of America, for $1.5 million; General Lease No. S-6003, Kaheawa Wind Power II, LLC; Kaheawa, Lāhainā, Mauʻi, Tax Map Key (2) 3-6-001:014 & 4-8-001:001 por.
- Approve the Memorandum of Agreement between Hawaiʻi Public Radio and the University of Hawaiʻi; General Lease No. 5909, Hawaiʻi Public Radio, Lessee, Kalāwahine, Honolulu, Oʻahu Tax Map Key: (1) 2-5-019:Portion of 005.
- Amend Prior Board Action of February 22, 2013, Item D-11, Issuance of Right-of-Entry to Maunalua Fishpond Heritage Center for Scientific Study, Educational, and Conservation Purposes, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-7-002:018 & 077.
E. STATE PARKS
- Grant of Perpetual, Non Exclusive, Utility Easement and Issuance of Immediate Construction Right-of-Entry Permit to Maui Electric Company Limited for Electrical Utility Purposes, Central Maui Regional Sports Complex, Waikapū, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-007:104 (por.)
- Report to the Board on Discussions on Sustainable Harvesting of Marine Life in Hawaiʻi Following Adoption of Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules, Chapter 13-77, Oʻahu Aquarium Life Management, Approved by the Board at its Meeting of October 24, 2014.
- Request Approval to Adopt Amendments to Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR), Title 13, Section 256-152, Kahaluʻu Bay, Swimming Zone in Order to Update Location Designations, Limit Commercial Surf Instruction, and Revise Swim and Surf Zone Restrictions Within Kahaluʻu Bay.
The rules can be reviewed online at: http://ltgov.hawaii.gov/the-office/administrative-rules/ and https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dobor/draft-rules/, or can be reviewed in person at any small boat harbor from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except Holidays. Location and contact information for DOBOR offices is available online at: https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dobor/contact/.
- Write off of Accounts Owed Under Boating Revocable Permit No. B-93-39, dated September 24, 1993 and License No. 74 Between the State of Hawaiʻi and Ala Wai Marine, Ltd., Permittee/Licensee, Honolulu, Hawaiʻi. Tax Map Key 2-6-10:09.
- Renewal of Boating Revocable Permits and Revocable Permit Rent Increases, on the Islands of Oahu, Maui, Molokaʻi, Hawaiʻi, and Kauaʻi.
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) MA-3738 by Maui Dry Dock & Storage LLC for a Trailered Vessel Facility on State lands managed by the Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation (DOBOR) at the Kahului Harbor West Breakwater, Wailuku District, Mauʻi, Tax Map Keys (2) 3-7-001:023 and 021.
- Delegation of Authority to Certify the Election of Soil and Water Conservation District Directors to the Chief Engineer of the Engineering Division.
- Issuance of a Parking Permit for Vehicle Parking, Azuredee Sproat-Nahale, Molokaʻi Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 5-2-04:Portion of 008.
- Issuance of a Direct Lease for Land for an Aviation Fueling Facility, Hawaiʻi Fueling Facilities Corporation, Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12:Portion of 090.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Land to Store and Park Shipping Containers and Vehicles, Kona Transportation Company, Inc., Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12:Portion of 090.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Storage of Rental Car Vehicles, EAN Holdings, LLC dba Alamo Rent A Car, Kona International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43:Portion of 003.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Helicopter Consultants of Maui, LLC, Līhuʻe Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-01: Portion of 008.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.