Land Board Submittals – 10/28/16
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, October 28, 2016
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
In some of the matters before the board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the board’s decision, then the board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
- Approval of August 12, 2016 Minutes
- Approval of August 26, 2016 Minutes
- Approval of September 9, 2016 Minutes
- Approval of September 23, 2016 Minutes
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request for Authorization for the Chairperson of the Board of Land and Natural Resources to Sign, Execute, Amend, and Extend Agreement(s), Contract(s), and Other Document(s) for the Capital Improvement Project Grants-in-Aid to Moanalua Gardens Foundation, Inc., in the Honolulu Watershed Forest Reserve, Tax Map Keys Nos.: (1) 1-1-012:002, (1) 1-1-012:015, and (1) 1-1-013:001, Moanalua Ahupuaʻa, Kona District, Island of Oahu
Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption to Chapter 343, Hawaii Revised Statutes, for the Project.
- Request for Approval of Incidental Take License and Final Habitat Conservation Plan for Na Pua Makani Wind Energy Project by Applicants Na Pua Makani Power Partners, LLC and the former Champlin Hawaii Wind Holdings, LLC; Tax Map Key Nos. (1) 5-6-06:018 and (1) 5-6-08:006, Koolauloa District, Island of O‘ahu, Hawai‘i.
- Request to Conduct a Public Hearing Regarding the Draft Kamehameha Schools Safe Harbor Agreement, Ka‘ū District, Tax Map Key Nos. (3) 9-9-001:004, (3) 9-9-001:007 (por.), (3) 9-9-001:024 (por.), (3) 9-9-001:034 (por.), (3) 9-9-001:017, (3) 9-9-001:018, (3) 9-9-001:019, (3) 9-9-001:020, (3) 9-9-001:021, (3) 9-9-001:027, and (3) 9-9-001:035 Hawai‘i Island.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Cancellation of Revocable Permits Nos. S-7407, S-7444 and S-7613 to Coco Palms Ventures LLC; Issuance of Revocable Permits to Coco Palms Hui LLC, Wailua, Kawaihau, Kauaʻi, Tax Map Key Nos: (4) 4-1-003:044 por., (4) 4-1-003:017 and (4) 4-1-005: 017.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii County Fire Department on Unencumbered State Lands, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key No.: (3) 2-1-012:024.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to the Hawaii Amateur Surfing Association for a Two Day Surf Competition Event (Honolua Legends of the Bay) at Līpoa Point, Honolua, Lāhainā, Maui, Tax Map Key No.: (2) 4-1-001: Portion of 010.
- Consent to the Assignment of Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement S-5638, Chevron U.S.A. Inc., Assignor, to Island Energy Services, LLC, Assignee, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key No.: (1) 1-1-003:239.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to AOAO 1942-1946 Pauoa Rd Inc. for Parking Purposes; Termination of Revocable Permit No. 7722 issued to 1942/1946 Pauoa Road Owners Association; Nuuanu, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-2-010:portion of 021.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Kwock Nam Lau Trust and Eunice Y.M. Lau Trust for Parking Purposes; Termination of Revocable Permit No. 7544 issued to Kwock Nam Lau Trust; Nuuanu, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-2-010:portion of 021.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display at Duke Kahanamoku Beach Every Friday Starting November 18, 2016 to September 29, 2017, Waikīkī, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key No.: (1) 2-3-037:021 (Por).
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Waikiki Beach Activities, Ltd. for Beach Event Purposes on November 3 and 4, 2016, Waikīkī, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:Portion of 021.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Malama Honua Public Charter School Foundation for Due Diligence Purpose; Waimānalo, Koʻolaupoko, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key No. (1) 4-1-013:019.
- Acceptance of Surplus Federal Real Property located at Marine Corps Training Area Bellows, Waimānalo, Koʻolaupoko, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key No. : (1) 4-1-015:portion of 001.
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Authorization to Enter Into a Use and Occupancy Agreement between the State of Hawaii, Department of Land and Natural Resources, and the State of Hawaii, Department of Transportation Regarding the Construction of Job No. B13CH73A, Kawaihae Small Boat Harbor (South) Roadway and Water System Improvements, Kawaihae, Island of Hawaiʻi.
- Declare Project Exempt From Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules, Installation of Vessel Sewage Pump-Out Stations, Statewide Various Boating Facilities, Hawaiʻi.
- Intentionally Left Blank.
- Request for Contested Case Hearing by William Murtaugh Re Non Renewal of Commercial Launch Ramp Permit at Keauhou Bay.
- Authorization to Issue Procurement Solicitations and Award Contracts Under Hawaii Revised Statutes Chapter 103D for Real Property Appraisals of State DOBOR Facilities, Submerged Lands and Shorelines Under Its Jurisdiction; and Declare Projects Exempt From Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules For Appraisal Services of State DOBOR Facilities, Submerged Lands and Shorelines Under its Jurisdiction (Statewide).
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Contested Case Hearing Request Regarding the Board of Land and Natural Resources’ Denial of a Time Extension for the Modification of Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) OA-30 for Paradise Park by Paradise Park Inc., Located at 3737 Mānoa Road, Mānoa, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key No.: (1) 2-9-054:018.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Field Office, Hawaii Retail Services LLC dba Hawaii Unified, Diamond Head Domestic Building, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key No.: (1) 1-1-003: 053 (Portion).
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the board meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:45 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://dlnr.Hawaii.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.