Land Board Submittals – 01/26/18
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, JANUARY 26, 2018
TIME: 9:30 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request for Issuance of an Administrative Fine of $2,500 pursuant to Chapter 183, Hawaii Revised Statutes, to Feng Yi Guo for violations of Section 13-104-24, Hawaii Administrative Rules, at Mauna Kea Forest Reserve, Hāmākua, Hawai‘i, Tax Map Key no: (3) 4-04-015:001.
- Request for issuance of an administrative fine of $2,500 pursuant to Chapter 183, Hawaii Revised Statutes, to Green Travel & Tour, Inc. for violations of section 13-104-24, Hawaii Administrative Rules, at Mauna Kea Forest Reserve, Hāmākua, Hawai‘i, Tax Map Key no: (3) 4-04-015:001.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
1) The 2017 Annual Report on the Status of the Implementation of the Maunakea Comprehensive Management Plan (CMP);
2) Update on decommissioning plans for Maunakea observatories;
3) Update on the status of proposed revisions to the Maunakea CMP;
4) Update on the status of proposed Administrative Rules for Maunakea;
5) Update on the status of the EIS for new land authorizations on Maunakea;
6) A Review of the July 2017 report from the State Office of the Auditor; Ka‘ohe, Hāmākua District, Hawaii, TMKs (3) 4-4-015:009 and (3) 4-4-015:012
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 9:15 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the Board Meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website: https://www.dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES (e.g., sign language interpreter, wheel chair accessibility, or parking designated for the disabled) AT THE BLNR MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT STAFF AT LEASE 72 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT (808) 587-0400 SO THAT ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.