06/04/20-WIKI PERMITS RESUMES SERVICES FOR BEACH WEDDINGS & VOW RENEWALSPosted on Jun 4, 2020 in Land, Main, Media, News Releases
DEPARTMENT OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
|DAVID Y. IGE
SUZANNE D. CASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 4, 2020
WIKI PERMITS RESUMES SERVICES FOR BEACH WEDDINGS & VOW RENEWALS
(Honolulu) – Effective immediately Wiki Permits, the online permitting system for limited commercial activities on State beaches, such as weddings and vow renewals, is resuming service subject to the following COVID-19 “Act With Care” restrictions:
- No group shall exceed 10 persons.
- Members of each group who are not part of the same household shall comply with social distancing requirements, provided that a caregiver may accompany a dependent.
- The beach or sand area may only be used one-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset.
- All other restrictions found within the Governor’s emergency proclamations on COVID-19 and applicable county Mayor’s orders shall be followed, such as any applicable quarantine restrictions.
- All standard terms and conditions of Wiki Permits shall also be complied with, including restrictions on placement of accessories, structures, devices, etc. on the beach, with limited exception (see standard permit condition no. 14).
For more information, visit: https://dlnr.ehawaii.gov/permits/welcome.html.
With the exception of Wiki Permits events (weddings, vow renewals, etc.), State beaches remain closed to all other commercial activity.
# # #
Hawai’i Department of Land and Natural Resources
808-587-0396 (Communications Office)