Scheduled Thrill Craft Certification Classes

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 in Announcements, Boat Harbors, Commercial Activities, Fishing Activities, Information Meeting, Main, Ocean Recreation Activities
There is a prerequisite for signing up for this class.  All participants must take a basic boating safety course approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) and the State of Hawaii.  Find out more about basic boating safety courses at:
Holders of Merchant Mariner Credentials will be allowed to use their MMC to satisfy the prerequisite, but must apply for a free Boater Safety Education Card (BSEC) from DLNR/DOBOR to present to WCC, and MMC holders must keep their MMC in force.  Visitors from out-of-state planning to take the thrill craft certification course from WCC should cite reciprocity and apply for a Hawaii BSEC to present to WCC to satisfy the prerequisite. 
MMC and out-of-state-boaters may apply for a free BSEC by joining the DLNR/DOBOR Registry of Certified Vessel Operators at:
For general information about operating a thrill craft in Hawaii, please visit:
Revised 10/07/21