Land Board Submittals – 01/25/19
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, JANUARY 25, 2019
TIME: 9:15 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY & WILDLIFE
- Annual Review of Grants from the Land Conservation Fund for Each Project that has been Pending for over Five Years – for Discussion and Possible Action:
- Approve a Disposition of Land that was Acquired with a Grant from the Land Conservation Fund by the Kona Historical Society at Kona, Hawai‘i, Tax Map Key Number: (3) 8-2-015:013, Including Waiver of Revenue Sharing Provisions, to Greenwell Farms Incorporated.
- Request to Amend a Grant from the Legacy Land Conservation Program to Ala Kahakai Trail Association (Contract No. 66886) by Removing, from the Area to be Covered by a Conservation Easement, a Footprint of Approximately 25 Acres for Possible Future Siting and Operation of a County Wastewater Treatment and Disposal Facility, Ka‘ū, Hawai‘i, Tax Map Key Number: (3) 9-5-007:016,
Enter into an Agreement with the County of Hawai‘i to Provide for Implementation of Land Conservation Fund Revenue Sharing Requirements in the Event of County Condemnation of the Footprint Area for Public Purposes.
- Approve Expenditures of Fiscal Year 2017 and Fiscal Year 2018 Encumbrances for Legacy Land Conservation Program Grant Agreement with Waipā Foundation for Land Acquisition at Halele‘a, Kaua‘i, Tax Map Key Number: (4) 5-6-004:010, LLCP 15-01
Approve an Expenditure of Fiscal Year 2017 Encumbrance for Legacy Land Conservation Program Grant Agreement with Hi‘ipaka LLC for Land Acquisition at Ko‘olauloa, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key Number: (1) 6-1-002:005, LLCP 16-01.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Beach Volleyball Association for Dinosaur Beach Volleyball Tournament at Kalapaki Beach, Lihue, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-002: seaward of 002.
- Amend General Lease No. S-5360, Hale Opio Kauai, Inc, Lessee, Lot 50, Kapaa Homesteads, 1st Series, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-6-005:002.
The purpose of the amendment is to change the annual rental rate under the lease for the current reopening period from fair market rent to minimum rent at $480 per annum, which is available to non-profit entities in accordance with the Board policy of May 13, 2005, agenda Item D-19, and to change the lease language for future rental reopening so that such reopening will be based on the Board’s then prevailing minimum rent policy.
- After-the-Fact Consent to Sublease under General Lease No. S-5001, Pubtime, Inc., Lessee/Sublessor, to JKL & Associates, LLC dba E Komo Mai Diner Bar & Grill, Sublessee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-2-032:010.
- Intentionally Left Blank
- Authorize the Issuance of a Request for Qualifications/Request for Proposals to Operate the Waialee Off-Road Motorcycle Park, Waialee, Koolauloa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 5-8-002:002.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on State Lands for Due Diligence Purposes for the Ala Wai Flood Control Project, Honolulu, Oahu See Exhibit A for Tax Map Keys. [Testimony]
E. DIVISION OF STATE PARKS
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry to Elite Pacific Construction Inc., for improvements to the existing Pu’u ‘Ualaka’a State Park Radio Communication Facility at the Honolulu Fire Department Master Transmitter Site, Opu, Makiki, Honolulu, O’ahu, Hawai’i, Tax Map Key: (2)-5-019:011 (Portion).
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) KA-3828 for the Helios Hanalei, LLC Single Family Residence Project, by Helios Hanalei, LLC (Michael Gearon), Located at Princeville, Hanalei District, Island of Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 5-4-004:032. [Testimony]
- (1) 2018 Annual Report by the University of Hawaii on the status of the implementation of the Mauna Kea Comprehensive Management Plan (CMP) for the University-managed lands on Mauna Kea, Kaohe, Hamakua, Hawaii, Tax Map Key Numbers: (3) 4-4-015:009 and (3) 4-4-015:012 (non-action item) ; and (2) Request to delegate to the Chair of the Board of Land and Natural Resources the authority to name a Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) representative to participate in the CMP five-year management review process.
- (1) 2018 Annual Report by the University of Hawaii Institute for Astronomy on the Haleakala High Altitude Observatory Site Management Plan at Puu Kolekole, Makawao District, Maui, Tax Map Key number (2) 2-2-007:008 (non-action item); and (2) 2018 Annual Report on the status of the implementation of the Programmatic Agreement for the Daniel K. Inouye Solar Telescope (DKIST) at the High Altitude Observatory Site, Puu Kolekole, Makawao District, Maui, Tax Map Key number (2) 2-2-007:008 (non-action item).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Allisun D. Sullivan, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 23.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft, Alan R. Wehmer, Kawaihapai Airfield, Waialua, Hawaii, Tax Map Keys: (1) 6-08-14: 001 (Portion) and (1) 6-08-14: 017 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry to Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transit (HART) for the Transplantation of Coconut Trees into the landscaped areas within the Parking Areas at Irwin Memorial Park, Piers 5/6, and the former U.S. Public Health Service Building near Piers 1/2, Honolulu Harbor, Oahu, Tax Map Key Nos. (1) 2-1-013:007, (1) 2-1-001:057 (Portion), (1) 2-1-015:019 (Portion).
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 9:00 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
Public Testimony: email: [email protected]
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the Board Meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website: http://www.dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES (e.g., sign language interpreter, wheel chair accessibility, or parking designated for the disabled) AT THE BLNR MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT STAFF AT LEAST 72-HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT (808) 587-0400 SO THAT ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.