LAND BOARD SUBMITTALS – 05/22/20
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, May 22, 2020
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
Considering the evolving COVID-19 situation, protecting the health and welfare of the community is of utmost concern. As such, the meeting will be held remotely, with Board members, Staff and Applicants participating via online meeting venue. The public can listen to the meeting via audio live stream at:
Interested persons can submit written testimony in advance of the meeting, which will be distributed to Board members prior to the meeting. We request that testimony be submitted not later than 24 hours prior to the meeting to ensure time for Board members to review it. Submit written testimony to: [email protected].
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
1. Request Approval for the meeting minutes for April 24, 2020.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Delegate Authority to the Chairperson to Approve Grant Awards from available funds in the Land Conservation Fund—as requested in applications to the Fiscal Year 2020 Legacy Land Conservation program and as recommended by the Legacy Land Conservation Commission—for the Operation, Maintenance, and Management of Lands acquired by way of the Land Conservation Fund.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Request to Close A Portion of Waikiki Beach Fronting the Royal Hawaiian Hotel for the Royal Hawaiian Groin Project; Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu; Tax Map Key: (1) 2-6-002: seaward of 005.
- Amend the Easement described in Governor’s Executive Order No. 1592, Manoa, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-9-072: Portion of 012.
The purpose of the amendment is to reduce the easement area pursuant to a recent agreement between the Division of Forestry and Wildlife and the owner of the private land the easement crosses.
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Enforcement Action against Tyron Terazono, Kacie Terazono, and Wayne Newman for Unlawful Collection of Aquatic Life for Aquarium Purposes within the West Hawai‘i Regional Fishery Management Area, Island of Hawai‘i. [Testimonies]
- Determination of Whether the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) Complies with Applicable Law and Adequately Discloses the Environmental Impacts of Proposed Issuance of Commercial Aquarium Permits, Commercial Marine Licenses, and West Hawaiʻi Aquarium Permits for the West Hawaiʻi Regional Fishery Management Area [Testimonies]
The Final Environmental Impact Statement can be found online at:
J. DIVISION OF BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Termination of Boating Lease No. LH-19-002, Pacific Marine Partners, LLC, Lessee, Honokohau Small Boat Harbor, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-4-008:003 (Por).
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Fourth Time Extension Request for Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) OA-3579 for the Honolulu Seawater Air Conditioning Project by Honolulu Seawater Air Conditioning, LLC. Located Upon Submerged Land, Makai of Kaka‘ako Waterfront Park, Offshore of Plat (1) 2-1-060 and Channel D of Ke‘ehi Lagoon, Island of O‘ahu [Testimony]
Briefing by the Office of Conservation and Coastal Lands regarding its Coastal Lands Program and its continuing efforts to protect the State’s beaches and coastal communities from climate change threats.
- Appointment of Eric Hansen to Serve as a Director of the East Kauai Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Appointment of Adam Killermann to Serve as a Director of the West Kauai Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Delegation of Authority to Appoint Soil and Water Conservation District Directors to the Chairperson of the Board of Land and Natural Resources.
- Amendment No. 2, to Lounge Lease No. DOT-A-14-0004, Requesting Additional Space for an Office, Hawaii HIS Corporation dba H.I.S. Hawaii, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key No: (1) 1-1-003: 050 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Construction Material Storage and Equipment Staging, Watts Constructors, LLC, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-14: 007, 099, and 100.
- Issuance of Parking Concession Agreements for the Management and Operation of Automobile Parking Facilities to ABM Aviation, Inc. at: Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001:019 and Kapalua-West Maui Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-3-001:068.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Terminal Spaces to Support Signatory Airline Carrier Operations, Southwest Airlines Co., Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-012: Portion of 009.
- Issuance of a Month-to-Month Permit to Na Kala Wa’a O Kaua’I for Temporary Drydock and Maintenance of Voyaging Canoe, Namahoe, situated adjacent to Pier 2, Nawiliwili Harbor Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-2-004:021 (P), Governor’s Executive Order No. 509.
- Issuance of Month-to-Month Permit to Marine Spill Response Corporation, situated at Kawaihae Harbor, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-1-003:023 (P), Governor’s Executive Order No. 1862.
The public can listen and view the live stream of the meeting via the link below on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvFwARB6RhS5CLnaALNif3w.
Interested persons can submit written testimony or request to present testimony during the meeting no later than 24-hours (May 21, 2020, 9:00 am), in advance of the meeting, written testimony will be distributed to Board members prior to the meeting.
To submit written or to be put on the list for live video testimony please email your request to: [email protected].
Note: If your request is to participate during the meeting to offer public testimony, include your email, full name and Item number, phone number and a confirmation will be sent to you with instructions and the meeting link.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website:
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES (e.g., sign language interpreter) DURING THE LIVE YOUTUBE ON-LINE MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT STAFF AT LEAST 72-HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT (808) 587-0404 SO THAT ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.
Protocol for Testifying before the BLNR:
Interested persons can submit written testimony in advance of each meeting that will be distributed to Commissioners/Board Members prior to the meeting. Written testimony must be submitted no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting to ensure time for Commissioners/Board Members to review it. Submit written testimony to: [email protected].
Written testimony will be acknowledged at the meeting.
To provide live oral/video testimony during the online meeting, email your request to: [email protected] at least 24 hours in advance, with your name, phone number, email address, computer identification name (check your device settings), and the agenda item you would like to testify on live during the meeting. Once your request has been received, you will receive a Zoom link via which to testify. You will need a computer with internet access, video camera and microphone to participate. If you require access by phone only, please indicate that in your email request.
Public testimony will be taken when each agenda item is discussed. You can monitor meeting progress via YouTube livestream at this link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvFwARB6RhS5CLnaALNif3w
Testifiers will be called on by the Chair to offer testimony. Until that time, you will be placed in a “Waiting Room”. While waiting to provide testimony, you will need to mute your microphone and turn off your video. When it is your turn to speak, you will be given full access to the meeting. At that time, if you are watching the YouTube livestream, you will need to mute the YouTube livestream to avoid feedback.
When testifying, please state your first and last name for the record. If you are testifying on behalf of an organization, please include the name of the organization as well.
Testimony will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes. You will be given notice when 30 seconds remain. If you continue to testify beyond your allotted time, the Chair will kindly ask you to complete your testimony.
If you have submitted written testimony and have also signed up to deliver it orally, the Chair will ask you to kindly summarize your points.
When you have finished testifying, you will be put back in the “Waiting Room”. Please stay there until your agenda item is complete in case Commissioners/Board Members have questions.
Staff will be monitoring people joining the Board meeting by video and will do their best to take each person in an orderly fashion. Please be patient as we continue to navigate this new platform.