Page Not Found
We're sorry, we couldn't find the page you were looking for. Use the search below to find what you were looking for.
- 10/11/21-COASTAL EROSION – NO EASY, INEXPENSIVE, OR ONE-SIZE-FITS-ALL SOLUTIONS(HONOLULU) – The options available to land managers and owners of coastal properties facing serious beach erosion are limited, expensive, and unlikely to provide permanent fixes. That’s one of the conclusions of a presentation to the Board of Land and Natural Resources last Friday.
- 10/11/21-2021-2022 GAME BIRD HUNTING SEASON OPENS THROUGH JANUARY 2022 (HONOLULU)- The DLNR Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) announces the opening of the 2021-2022 Game Bird Hunting Season on Saturday, November 6, 2021. The fall game bird hunting season will run through Sunday, January 30, 2022. To comply with federal mandates, including the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, and to meet current state regulations, the last day for hunting mourning dove will be January 16, 2022.
- 07/28/21-PROTECTING THE TURTLES OF LANIAKEA IS A COMBINATION OF COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND LAW ENFORCEMENT PRESENCE (HONOLULU) – First and foremost, Debbie Herrera the Volunteer and Education Coordinator for Malama na Honu, believes we need to shift the narrative. “The vast majority of people who come to Laniakea, on O‘ahu’s north shore, pay attention to the signs put up by volunteers from the group. We’re trying to focus on people behaving in pono ways, rather than those very few who refuse, despite dozens of cautionary signs or warnings from volunteers, to give green sea turtles on the beach or in the ocean wide berth,” she said.
- 07/27/21-FINAL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENT FOR PROPOSED A&B WATER LEASE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEWDEPARTMENT OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES News Release DAVID Y. IGE GOVERNOR SUZANNE D. CASE CHAIRPERSON For Immediate News Release: July 27, 2021 FINAL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENT FOR PROPOSED A&B WATER LEASE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW (Haiku) – On July 20 Alexander & Baldwin (A&B) and East Maui Irrigation Company, Limited (EMI) (collectively A&B), filed its […]
- 07/26/21-KAILUA PIER TEMPORARY CLOSURE BEGINS NEXT WEEK (KAILUA-KONA) Temporary closure of the Kailua Pier begins on Wednesday, July 28, daily from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. During the closure, entering the pier will be prohibited. People violating the closure can be cited, fined, or arrested.
- 07/23/21-ONE SMALL BIRD PROVIDES GLIMMER OF HOPE FOR SAVING A SPECIES(Kahului, Maui) – A remarkable discovery on Wednesday is providing a morale boast and hope to the dozens of experts working to save kiwikiu from extinction. One bird, released into the Nakula Natural Area Reserve (NAR) on the leeward slopes of Haleakalā, was found alive and well, after being thought dead for 605 days.
- 6/18/21-200-YEAR-OLD WINDOW & DOOR DAMAGED IN HULIHEʻE PALACE BREAK-IN(Kailua-Kona) - “It is very sad to see this damage,” DLNR Division of State Parks (DSP) Archeologist, Tracy Tam Sing said after seeing a historic door and window at Hulihe‘e Palace vandalized last month. On June 1, 27-year-old Charleigh Flournoy of Kailua-Kona, allegedly broke into the historic palace by shattering a lanai window located on the lower makai side.
- 6/16/21-KĪKĪAOLA SMALL BOAT HARBOR RAMP CLOSING FOR IMPROVEMENT PROJECT(KEKAHA, KAUA‘I) The Kīkīaola Small Boat Harbor ramp will be closed from Monday, June 21, to Sunday, August 15, for the installation of new boat ramp panels on the above-water portion and concrete pavement at the top of the ramp.
- 6/10/21-HUNTING LICENSES AND STAMPS TO BE ISSUED STARTING JUNE 15(HONOLULU) – A new hunting season opens from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022. Effective June 15th, the DLNR Division of Forestry and Wildlife (DOFAW) will begin issuing hunting licenses and stamps for this new season.
- 6/9/21-WEEKEND HĀMĀKUA COAST FIRE HIGHLIGHTS COMING WILDFIRE RISK (Hāmākua District, Hawai‘i Island) – To seasoned wildland firefighters, the 1,400-acre brush fire that swept through former sugar cane fields in Pa‘auilo last Friday, was not a huge surprise.