Water Quality Plan
The Department of Health (DOH) is responsible for the preparation of the Water Quality Plan (WQP). The WQP outlines the regulations, standards, and resource management policies that define the quality to be maintained in ground- and surface-water resources, such as:
- Federal/state/county goals, objectives, and policies related to water quality.
- Water quality criteria for designation of water management areas.
- Water quality standards, monitoring requirements and enforcement provisions.
- The identification of any substances which DOH reasonably believes may present a danger to the water quality of the state.
The WQP, together with the Water Resource Protection Plan, establish the overall protection framework for our State’s water resources.
- 2019 Water Quality Plan (6.0 MB)
- 1990 Water Quality Plan (14.4 MB)