Land Board Submittals – 02/23/18
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2018
TIME: 9:30 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
- Approval of October 27, 2017 meeting minutes.
- Approval of January 12, 2018 meeting minutes.
B. DIVISION OF CONSERVATION AND RESOURCES ENFORCEMENT
- Designate a portion comprising approximately 40.0 acres of Public Hunting Area, Unit D, Hilo Restricted Watershed, Tax Map Key no.: 3-2-6-018:004, as a Public Shooting Range, Pursuant to Section 183D-28, Hawaii Revised Statutes, and 13-121-6, Hawaii Administrative Rules.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Authorize the Issuance of a Perpetual Non-Exclusive Easement to the County of Kauai, Board of Water Supply for Water Pipeline, and Access Purposes; Issuance of Immediate Construction Right-of-Entry Permit, Hanapepe, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-9-007: Portions of 007.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to the County of Kauai, Department of Public Works (COK DPW), for its Lihue Town Core Mobility and Revitalization Project [FAP No. TGR-0700(073)], Kalapaki, Lihue, Kauai, Tax Map Keys: (4) 3-6-002:021 & 022.
Issuance of an Immediate Management and Construction Right-of-Entry to COK DPW for Proposed Lihue Town Core Mobility and Revitalization Project, Kalapaki, Lihue, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-6-002:021 & 022.
- Request to Extinguish a Twenty (20) Foot Wide Ditch Right-of-Way Easement Reserved to the State of Hawaii under Land Patent Grant No. 12,829, Traversing Private Property Owned by Michael Clark, and Denise Addesso at Wailua House lots, Wailua, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-1-013: Portions of 046.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Pacific Waste, Inc. for Baseyard and Storage Purposes Pending Public Auction, and Issuance of Immediate Management Right-of-Entry to Pacific Waste, Inc., Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-2-032: portion of 085
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Maui Interscholastic League, for Event Operations Purposes Related to the 2018 Maui Interscholastic League Surf Contest, at Hamoa, Hana, Maui, Tax Map Key (2) 1-4-007: Portion of 009.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Terri A. Williams for Environmental Survey and Studies Purposes at Kahakuloa, Wailuku, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-1-003:005 (portion).
- Set Aside to County of Maui for Public Park Purposes, Waiohuli – Keokea Beach Homesteads, Maui, Tax Map Keys: (2) 3-9-007:004 & Portion of 005.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives and Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display on March 28, 2018 at the beach fronting Kahala Hotel, Waialae, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-5-023:041.
- Second Amendment of Prior Board Action of October 11, 2013, Item D-3; as amended by January 24, 2014, Item D-7; Consent to Merger of Oceanic Institute into Hawaii Pacific University; Mutual Termination of General Lease No. 3709; Oceanic Institute, Lessee; Issuance of Direct Lease to Hawaii Pacific University for Scientific Research and Public Exhibiting Facilities of Marine Life together with Pipeline and Encroachment Easements; Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu; TMK (1) 4-1-014:004 & 011. And
- Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc. and Hawaiian Telcom, Inc. for Utility Purposes; Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-7601 at Waialee, Koolauloa, Oahu; Tax Map Key: (1) 5-8-001:054 portion.
E. STATE PARKS
- Request Approval of Final Environmental Assessment (FEA) and Authorization for the Chairperson to Issue a Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI), Proposed Kalaupapa Memorial, Kalaupapa National Historical Park, Kalawao, Moloka‘i, Tax Map Key: (2) 6-1-001: 002 (por.).
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval to Enter into a Grant-In-Aid Contract Agreement ($45,000 State Operating Budget) between The Board of Land and Natural Resources (BLNR) And Malama Pupukea-Waimea (MPW) for a project titled “Reducing Land-Based Sediment to The Pupukea MLCD”.
- Application for a DLNR Dam Safety Permit No. 80 – Elima Reservoir (KA-0105) Dam Improvement, Kalaheo, Kauai, Hawai‘i Tax Map Key No.: (4) 2-007-020.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Enforcement MO 17-18 Regarding Unauthorized Land Uses by Geoffrey Cloward Located at 11196 Kamehameha V Hwy, Honouliwai, Moloka‘i, Tax Map Key: (2) 5-8-002:001.
- Appointment and Selection of a Hearing Officer to Conduct All Hearings for Contested Case (CC) KA-17-01 Regarding Conservation District Enforcement (ENF) KA-15-34 for Alleged Unauthorized Land Uses by Val Sanjara located at Wainiha, Hanalei, Kauai, on Tax Map Key: (4) 5-8-005:026.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Hospitality Lounge, Ko Olina Club Lounge LLC, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 050 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, N1227R L.L.C., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 22.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit, Richard W. Rogers, Kawaihapai Airfield, Waialua, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-08-14:001 (Portion), and (1) 6-8-014:018 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Aunty’s Leis & Little Things Inc. for Space to Offer for Sale of Leis, Flowers, Souvenirs, and Travel Necessities, Molokai Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 5-2-0: Portion of 8.
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 9:15 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
Public Testimony: email: [email protected]
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the Board Meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website: https://www.dlnr.Hawaiʻi.gov/meetings
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES (e.g., sign language interpreter, wheel chair accessibility, or parking designated for the disabled) AT THE BLNR MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT STAFF AT LEAST 72-HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT (808) 587-0400 SO THAT ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.