Land Board Submittals – 04/27/18
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, APRIL 27, 2018
TIME: 9:30 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE DIVISION
- Approve Grants from available funds in the Land Conservation Fund, as requested in applications to the 2017-2018 Legacy Land Conservation Program, for:
1. The payment of $1,500,000 in debt service on the Turtle Bay Reimbursable General Obligation Bonds, and
2. The Acquisition of Interests and Rights in specific parcels of Land for:
A. Wai‘anae Community Redevelopment Corporation, $750,000 for the acquisition of 21.1 acres at Wai‘anae, O‘ahu (Ma‘O Organic Farms Palikea Expansion – Phase One), Tax Map Key Number: (1) 8-7-010:006;
B. Friends of Amy B.H. Greenwell Ethnobotanical Garden, $750,000 for the acquisition of 13.6 acres at Kona, Hawai‘i (Amy B.H. Greenwell Ethnobotanical Garden), Tax Map Key Numbers: (3) 8-2-013-002, (3) 8-2-013-003, (3) 8-2-013-014, (3) 8-2-014-043, And (3) 8-2-015-059;
C. Division of Forestry and Wildlife, $1,500,000 for the acquisition of 3,277 acres at Kula, Maui (Kamehamenui Forest), Tax Map Key Numbers: (2) 2-3-005:002 and (2) 2-3-005:014;
D. The Nature Conservancy, $400,000 for the acquisition of a Conservation Easement over 229 Acres at Kona, Hawai‘i (Ho‘omau Forest and Ranch), Tax Map Key Number: (3) 8-9-001:023 (Por.); and
E. Division of Forestry and Wildlife, $100,000 for the acquisition of a Conservation Easement over 764 acres at Kona, Hawai‘i (Ho‘omau Forest and Ranch) Tax Map Key Numbers: (3) 8-8-001:022, (3) 8-8-001:032, and (3) 8-8-001:033
F. Declare that each approved Award of Grant Funds for the acquisition of Interests and Rights in specific parcels of Land is Exempt from the preparation of an Environmental Assessment, Pursuant to Sections 343-5 and 343-6, Hawai‘i Revised Statutes and Section 11-200-8, Hawai‘i Administrative Rules.
D. LAND DIVISION
Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-4878, Grant of Easement Nos. S-4645 & S-4244, and Land Office Deeds S-12,850 & S-27,442, Coco Palms Ventures LLC, as First Assignor, to PR II Coco Palms LLC, as First Assignee/ Second Assignor, and from PR II Coco Palms LLC, First Assignee/ Second Assignor, to Coco Palms Hui LLC, as Second Assignee, Wailua, Kawaihau (Puna), Kauai, Tax Map Keys: (4) 4-1-003:005, por. 017, por. 039, and por. 044.
Amendment of Grant of Easement Nos. S-4244 and S-4645, and Land Office Deed Nos. S-12,850 and S-27,442, Coco Palms Hui LLC, Grantee, Wailua, Kawaihau (Puna), Kauai, Tax Map Keys: (4) 4-1-003:005, por. 017, por. 039 & por. 044, and 4-1-005:017.
The purpose of the amendment is to insert a provision allowing the easements to “Run with the Land,” thereby becoming assignable without the written consent of the Board of Land and Natural Resources. The easements will be appurtenant to and inure to the benefit of Coco Palms Hui LLC’s private property identified as Tax Map Key: (4) 4-1-003:007.
- Quitclaim of State’s Interests, if Any, in the Abandoned Government Roadway off Kynnersley Road, to the County of Hawaii, Nunulu Nui, North Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 5-4-001: 005.
- Administrative Enforcement Action for Violation of Hawaii Administrative Rules Chapter 13-221, Unencumbered Public Lands, Sections 13-221-11 “Animals” and 13-221-35 “Commercial Activities”, Against Paige Clew DePonte and TLR LLC, One or Both of Whom Are Doing Business as Triple L Ranch and/or Triple L Ranch Maui Private Custom Horseback Tours; DOCARE Investigation Report No. 18-0259-MA; Kanaio, Maui; Tax Map Key: (2) 2-1-002:001 and seaward of same.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to the Honolulu Habitat for Humanity for Due Diligence Purposes on Lands Situated in Honolulu and Aiea, Oahu, Tax Map Keys (1) 1-7-041:002; 2-2-013:004 and 014; 9-9-044:020 and 024.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to EAS Enterprises, LLP dba AVP for Beach Activities Purposes from September 9 to 20, 2018, on portions of Fort DeRussy Beach and Duke Kahanamoku Beach, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037: portions of 021 and 2-6-005: seaward of 001.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Shea Alan Sutton for Pier and Seawall Purposes; Kaneohe, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-5-058: seaward of 030.
Forfeiture of General Lease No. S-4095 and Termination of Revocable Permit No. S-7517, Olomana Golf Links, Inc., Lessee and Permittee, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-013:010 and 012.
- After the Fact Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson to Approve Rights of Entry to Utilize State Lands on the Island of Kauai to Assist in Emergency Relief Efforts.
E. STATE PARKS
- Continuance of Revocable Permit No. SP0550 to Go Holoholo, Inc., a Hawaii Corporation for the Use of the Nutridge House and Grounds on State Parks Land at Pu’u ‘Ualaka’a State Wayside, Opu, Makiki on the Island of O’ahu.
- Assignment and Amendment of General Lease No. SP0141, Richard Singleton, Lessee, Waimea Canyon State Park, Lot 23, Puu Ka Pele Park Lots, Waimea (Kona), Kaua’i, Hawai’i, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-4-002:046. The Purpose of the Amendment is to Correct the Termination Date to Read December 31, 2028; Consent to Assign General Lease No. SP0141, Richard Singleton, Assignor, to Michael Keith Singleton, Assignee, Waimea Canyon State Park, Lot 23, Puu Ka Pele Park Lots, Waimea (Kona), Kaua’i, Hawai’i, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-4- 002:046.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) MO-3815, Regarding the Modified Kaunakakai Drainage System Improvement Project by the County of Maui – Department of Public Works, Located at Kaunakakai, Island of Moloka’i, Tax Map Key(s): (2) 5-3-005:006 and (2) 5-3-005:007.
- Conservation District Enforcement MO 17-18 Regarding Unauthorized Dwelling Structures, Landscaping, and Accessory Uses by Geoffrey Cloward Located at 11196 Kamehameha V Hwy, Honouliwai, Moloka‘i, Tax Map Key: (2) 5-8-002:001.
- Time Extension Request HA-18-08 for Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) HA-3682 for a Single-Family Residence by Ms. Shon Magsalin at Waawaa Ahupua‘a, Puna District, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 1-4-028:007.
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3809 for the Proposed Shangri La Breakwater Safety Initiative and Shoreline Stabilization Project and Right-of-Entry to State-Owned Submerged Lands for the Purpose of a Staging Area by the Doris Duke Foundation for Islamic Art Located at Kupikipikio (Black Point), Waikiki Ahupua‘a, Kona District, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-1-041:005 and Makai of 005.
- Amendment No. 3 to Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-16-0012 for Addition of Space Allocated for Storage, Wi-Fi Services Concession, Boingo Wireless, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Vehicle Parking, Vincent J. Cole, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 23.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Field Office and a Parking Stall, Engineers Surveyors Hawaii, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 066 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Space for a Freight Forwarding, Warehousing and Trucking Operation, Honolulu Freight Service, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-35-010.
- Amendment No. 30 to Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-92-0018 for Addition of Storage Space and Grease Interceptor, Restaurant and Lounge Concession, Host International, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003:001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Construction Right-of-Entry to Matson Terminals, Inc. for the Completion of Tenant Improvements and Capital Improvements Projects within the Sand Island Container Facility, Piers 51, 52, and 53. Honolulu Harbor, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key No(s).: (1) 1-5-041: Portions of 049, 111, 115, 170, 185, 200, 313, 320, 321, and 324.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to McCabe, Hamilton & Renny Co. LTD for Stevedoring Equipment Storage at Pier 19 Warehouse, Honolulu Harbor, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-039:063 (Portion).
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 9:15 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
Public Testimony: email: [email protected]
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the Board Meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website: https://www.dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES (e.g., sign language interpreter, wheel chair accessibility, or parking designated for the disabled) AT THE BLNR MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT STAFF AT LEAST 72-HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT (808) 587-0400 SO THAT ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.