Land Board Submittals – 04/24/20
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, APRIL 24, 2020
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
Considering the evolving COVID-19 situation, protecting the health and welfare of the community is of utmost concern. As such, the meeting will be held remotely, with Board members, Staff and Applicants participating via online meeting venue. The public can listen to the meeting via audio live stream at:
Interested persons can submit written testimony in advance of the meeting, which will be distributed to Board members prior to the meeting. We request that testimony be submitted not later than 24 hours prior to the meeting to ensure time for Board members to review it. Submit written testimony to: [email protected].
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
- Request Approval for the meeting minutes for February 28, 2020.
- Request Approval for the meeting minutes for March 13, 2020.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request to Enter into a Memorandum of Understanding between the State of Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources and the Marine Corps Base of Hawaii for the staging of helicopters operations. Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-4-008:001
- Authorization of funding for the Nature Conservancy for $545,952 during FY 21-26 for continued enrollment in the Natural Area Partnership Program and acceptance and approval of the Waikamoi Preserve East Maui Irrigation Addition Long Range Management Plan, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-4:016:004, (PORTION), Maui.
- Approve grant awards from available funds in the Land Conservation Fund, as requested in applications to the Fiscal Year 2020 Legacy Land Conservation Program and as recommended by the Legacy Land Conservation Commission, for the acquisition of interests and rights in specific parcels of land having value as a resource to the State, for:
- Ala Kahakai Trail Association, $2,400,000, for the acquisition of approximately 1,363 acres at Ka’ū, Hawai’i (Kaunāmano), Tax Map Key Numbers: (3) 9-5-011:001, :004, :005, and :006, and (3) 9-5-012:001.
- Molokai Land Trust, $1,100,000, for the acquisition of approximately 1,816 acres at Kona, Molokai (Mapulehu: Valley to Summit), Tax Map Key Numbers: (2) 5-7-005:002 and :027.
- Ke Ao Hāli’i (Save the Hāna Coast), $1,581,700, for the acquisition of approximately 30.3 acres at Hāna, Maui (Maka’alae Lands), Tax Map Key Numbers: (2) 1-4-012:002 and (2) 1-4-010:030, :032 and :034.
- Ala Kahakai Trail Association, $875,000, for the acquisition of approximately 348 acres at Ka’ū, Hawai’i (Manaka’a Fishing Village), Tax Map Key Number: (3) 9-5-010:026.
- Waipā Foundation, $600,000, for the acquisition of approximately 0.25 acres at Halele’a, Kaua’i (Halulu Fishpond Access), Tax Map Key Number: (4) 5-6-004:017.
- Division of Forestry and Wildlife, $500,000, for the acquisition of a Conservation Easement over approximately 2,780 acres at Kona, Hawai’i (Hāloa ‘Āina – Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood), Tax Map Key Numbers: (3) 7-9-001:013, :014, and :015.
- Division of Forestry and Wildlife, $2,000,000, for the acquisition of approximately 11,020 acres at Wailuku, Maui (Nā Wai ‘Ehā), Tax Map Key Numbers: (2) 3-2-014:001, (2) 3-3-003:003, and (2) 3-5-003:001.
- Hawaiian Islands Land Trust, $700,000, for the acquisition of a Conservation Easement over approximately 17.1 acres at Ko’olaupoko, O’ahu (Waikalua Loko I’a), Tax Map Key Number: (1) 4-5-030:001 (portion).
- Division of Forestry and Wildlife, $1,191,500, for the acquisition of approximately 0.5 acres at Honua’ula, Maui (Keone’ō’io Bay Coastal Protection), Tax Map Key Number: (2) 2-1-004:0681
- Mālama Kaua’i, $1,000,000 for the acquisition of approximately 21.6 acres at Puna, Kaua’i, (Olohena ‘Āina Center), Tax Map Key Number: (4) 4-4-002:039;
Exempt Eight Proposed Awards of Grant Funds for the acquisition of interests and rights in specific parcels of land, identified as Items A, B, C, D, F, G, I, and J above (Kaunāmano; Mapulehu: Valley to Summit; Maka’alae Lands; Manaka’a Fishing Village; Hāloa ‘Āina – Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood; Nā Wai ‘Ehā; Keone’ō’io Bay Coastal Protection; and Olohena ‘Āina Center), from the Requirements to prepare an Environmental Assessment, pursuant to Chapter 343, Hawai’i Revised Statutes, and Chapter 11-200.1, Hawai’i Administrative Rules.
F. DIVISIONS OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
BRIEFING (NON-ACTION ITEM)
Holomua: Marine 30×30 Initiative
- Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement for Underground Power Line Easements for Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc.; Issuance of Immediate Construction Right-of-Entry Permit, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key No: (1) 1-1-003: 001 (Portions).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Ramp Space for Container Storage, Helicopter Transport Services, LLC, Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 32.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Helicopter Transport Services, LLC, Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 32.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Two Aircraft Parking, Snowbird Air, LLC, Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 32.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Barbers Point Flight School, LLC, Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 32.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
Public Testimony: e-mail: [email protected]
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony, but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner, to give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the Board Meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website: