Land Board Submittals – 07/27/18
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, JULY 27, 2018
TIME: 9:15 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
B. DIVISION OF CONSERVATION AND RESOURCES ENFORCEMENT
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE DIVISION
1. Approval of updated Standard Operating Procedures for Helicopter Operations for all line Divisions of the Department of Land and Natural Resources (except the Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement).
2. Request for Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson to Solicit Offers, Award, Execute, Amend, and Extend a Contract(s) under the Competitive Sealed Proposal process for Cultural Impact Assessments written for Statewide Field Releases of Biological Control Agents Syphraea uberabensis, Pseudophilothrips ichini, and Euselasia chrysippe.
3. Request Approval of: 1) Acquisition of Private Lands; 2) Issuance of Management Right-of-Entry to Division of Forestry and Wildlife; 3) Issuance of set-aside to Division of Forestry and Wildlife for forestry and wildlife purposes; and 4) Authorize Division of Forestry and Wildlife to conduct Public Hearing on the Island of O‘ahu for Proposed Addition to ‘Ewa Forest Reserve, Pa‘ala‘a-Uka, Waialua, and Wahiawa, O‘ahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 6-3-001:003, 6-4-004:011, 7-1-002:011 and 7-2-001:003; and
D. LAND DIVISION
1. Affirm Board’s Prior Action of July 13, 2018, Item D-1, as amended, which amended Board’s Prior Action of April 28, 2017, Item D-2, Set Aside and Immediate Management Right-of-Entry Permit to County of Kauai for Affordable Housing, Por. of Kapaa Town Lots, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-5-008:008.
The purpose of the affirmation is to acknowledge: 1) The change in the intended use of the set-aside from Affordable Housing purposes to Community Needs and Social Services purposes; 2) The inclusion of Tax Map Key: (4) 4-5-008:009 in the set-aside; and 3) The prior Authorization to Grant an Immediate Management and Construction Right-of-Entry, as applied to the amended purpose of the set-aside, to the County of Kauai, its Consultants, Contractors, and/or Persons acting for or on its behalf.
3. Consent to Lease of Lands to Mohouli Senior Phase 3-92 LLLP, Amendment of Lease to Hawaii Island Community Development Corporation and Declaration and Confirmation of Easements under Governor’s Executive Order No. 4224 to County of Hawaii, for Elderly and/or Affordable Rental Housing and Related Purposes. Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawai‘i, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-4-001: portion of 184.
4. Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-7863 to Kaupo Community Association, Inc., and Approval of 55-year Lease of Lands to the Kaupo Community Association, Inc. Pursuant to Governor’s Executive Order No. 4544 to County of Maui, for Community Center and Ancillary Purposes, Kumunui, Kaupo, Hana, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 1-7-002:015.
6. Amendment of Prior Board Action of July 28, 2017, Item D-3, which amended the Board’s Action of June 25, 1999, Item D-6, Set Aside of Government Land for the Issuance of an Executive Order to the Department of Transportation, Airports Division, Island of Lanai, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-9-002: Portion 01.
The purpose of the Amendment is to: (i) Update the Tax Map Parcel numbers for the Lanai Airport to Tax Map Keys: (2) 4-9-002:041, 055, 056 and 059 (“Lanai Airport Parcels”), (ii) Request the Cancellation of three existing Executive Orders previously setting aside lands for Lanai Airport (Executive Order Nos. 1248, 1279 and 2211), (iii) Authorize the set-aside of all of the Lanai Airport Parcels to the Department of Transportation–Airports Division (“DOT-Airports”) via a new Executive Order, and (iv) Authorize the Issuance of Management Right-of-Entry Permit to DOT-Airports for a portion of Lanai Airport pending the issuance of a new Executive Order.
F. DIVISION OF AQUATICS RESOURCES
1. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Randall Kosaki, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Surveys of Deep Coral Reefs
2. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Brian Bowen, University of Hawaiʻi, Hawaiʻi Institute of Marine Biology, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Genetic Survey Activities
3. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Education Permit to Mr. Keolohilani Lopes Jr., Joint Institute of Marine and Atmospheric Research/PMNM, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Filming and Photography Activities
J. DIVISION OF BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
1. Request Authorization to allow GKM, Inc. (Boating Lease No. H-82-4) to add Fuel Sales to the Lease “Character of Use” at a Rental Rate of Five Percent (5%) of Gross Fuel Receipts, situated at Honokohau Small Boat Harbor, Kailua-Kona, Kealakehe, Island of, Hawai‘i, Hawai‘i, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-4-008:042 (por.).
2. INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK
3. INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK
4. INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK
5. Request Approval to Extend the Term of Lease No. H-89-13, Pacific West Fuels Inc., for an Additional Fifteen-Years to Amortize the Cost of Substantial Improvements situated at Lahaina Small Boat Harbor, Island of Maui, Hawai‘i, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-6-001: 014, 017 (por.).
1. Authorize the Approval and Issuance of the Dam Safety Permit No. 59 for the Repair and Improvements to the Waikoloa Reservoir No. 1 (HA-0040) – Waimea, Hawai‘i, Tax Map Keys: (3) 6-5-001:047, and (3) 6-5-1:11.
1. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft, Pacific Air Charters, Incorporated, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 20.
6. INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK
8. Request Approval to Execute an Agreement with Verizon Wireless to park and operate a trailer mounted Cellular Radio Base Station with antenna at the HI-EMA Operating Support Center (B303) warehouse located at the Diamond Head State Park Monument, Honolulu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: 1-3-1-042-006.
10. Consent to Lease Lands under Governor’s Executive Order No. 16, Tax Map Key: 2-6-001:009, and Executive Order No. 80, Tax Map Key: 2-4-6-001:001 (Portion) to the Lahaina Restoration Foundation. Lahaina, Maui.
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 9:00 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
Public Testimony: email: [email protected]
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the Board Meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website: https://www.dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES (e.g., sign language interpreter, wheel chair accessibility, or parking designated for the disabled) AT THE BLNR MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT STAFF AT LEAST 72-HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT (808) 587-0400 SO THAT ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.