Land Board Submittals – 03/08/19
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, MARCH 8, 2019
TIME: 9:15 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
- Approval of Meeting Minutes for September 28, 2018.
- Approval of Meeting Minutes for October 12, 2018.
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request Approval of: (1) Acquisition of Private Lands; (2) Issuance of Management Right of Entry to the Division of Forestry and Wildlife; (3) and Authorize the Division of Forestry and Wildlife to Conduct Public Hearings on the Island of Maui for Proposed Addition to the Forest Reserve System, situated at Kamehamenui, Kula, Makawao, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-3-005:002 & 014.
Request Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson to administer existing Grazing Lease with Brendan Balthazar regarding Tax Map Key: (2) 2-3-005:002.
Declare that, after considering the potential effects of the Proposed Project as provided by Chapter 343, HRS, and Chapter 11-200, HAR, this project will probably have minimal or no significant effect on the environment and is therefore exempt from the preparation of an Environmental Assessment. [Testimony]
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(3), HRS, to deliberate during the conducting of negotiations regarding the acquisition of Public Property, or pursuant to Section 92-5(4), HRS, to consult with the Board’s Attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Roman Catholic Church in the State of Hawaii, Saint Theresa School, Onto Unencumbered State Lands for Parking Purposes, Kekaha House Lots, Kekaha, Waimea, Kaua’i, Tax Map Keys: (4) 1-3-004:054 and (4) 1-3-011:001.
- Authorize Approximately One-Year of Rent Relief under Revocable Permit No. S-7628, William Sanchez Sr., Permittee, Due to Severe Flooding of the Permit Area at Wailua, Lihue (Puna), Kaua’i, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-9-005:019 & 020.
- Set Aside of the Hale Hauoli Site to the Department of Health for Health-Related Services Purposes, Kapaa Homesteads, Series 4th, Kapaa, Kaua’i, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-6-014:112.
- Amend Prior Board Action of May 22, 2015, Agenda Item D-4, Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Uluwehi, Inc., for Access and Utility Purposes, Waioli, Hanalei, Kaua’i, Tax Map Keys: (4) 5-5-008:002 and (4) 5-6-002:001.
The purpose of the amendment is to change the easement area referenced in the prior Board action from 19,028 square feet, more or less, to 19,992 square feet, more or less, as determined by survey.
- Amend Prior Board Action of May 22, 2015, Agenda Item D-5, Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Ursula Lamberson, Trustee of the Ursula Lamberson Revocable Trust, for Access and Utility Purposes, Waioli, Hanalei, Kaua’i, Tax Map Keys: (4) 5-5-008:002 and (4) 5-6-002:001.
The purpose of the amendment is to: 1) change the easement area referenced in the prior Board action from 11,082 square feet, more or less, to 17,378 square feet, more or less, as determined by survey, and 2) change the Grantee from Ursula Lamberson, Trustee of the Ursula Lamberson Revocable Trust, to Mona Yarberry.
- Recommendation to the Governor to Accept the Final Environmental Impact Statement for the Proposed Department of Land and Natural Resources Industrial and Business Park at Pulehunui, Maui, Tax Map Key (2) 3-8-008:001 (por.).
Final Environmental Impact Statement (For BLNR Review)
– Volume I of III
– Volume II of III
– Volume III of III
- Issuance of Direct Lease to People & Pet Park, Inc. for Community Dog Park Purposes, Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-7743 at Diamond Head, Honolulu, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-1-042:012.
- Amendment of Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement S-6083 to Waimanalo Paradise, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, for Seawall and Steps Purposes; Waimanalo, Ko‘olaupoko, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-002: seaward of 007. The purpose of the amendment is to modify an easement provision that is in conflict with the rights and privileges granted by the easement.
- Intentionally Left Blank.
- Amend General Lease No. 5981, Waianae District Comprehensive Health and Hospital Board, Incorporated, Lessee, Lualualei, Wai‘anae, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 8-6-001:003.
The purpose of the amendment is to amend the rent reopening provision of the lease by determining the rent based on the Board’s prevailing policy on leasing to eleemosynary organization.
- Amendment No. 8 to Concession Agreement No. Dot-A-07-0001, Request for Additional Spaces for In-Bond (Duty Free) Use, DFS Group L.P. In-Bond (Duty Free), Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 1 (Portion), Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keāhole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043: 3 (Portion).
- Amendment No. 33 to Concession Agreement DOT-A-92-0018, for Addition of Food and Beverage Spaces, Storage and Seating Area, Host International, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Space to Park Fuel Trucks and Ground Service Equipment, Barbers Point Aviation Services, LLC, Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Keys: (1) 9-1-13: Portion Of 32 & (1) 9-1-13: Portion Of 76.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Osamu Manabe And Kyler Manabe, Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 32.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Cargo Area Ramp Space for Sorting Operations and Vehicle Parking Stalls, Federal Express Corporation, Līhu‘e Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-01: Portion of 8.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Construction Material Storage, Nan, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 17 (Portion).
- Request for Approval to Issue a Lease by Direct Negotiation to Big Island Energy, LLC for fueling operations and Fuel Storage Facility at a portion of Kawaihae Harbor, South Kohala, Island of Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-1-03:32 and 2 (Portion), Governor’s Executive Order No. 1988.
- Issuance of a Construction Right-of-Entry to Capstar Radio Operating Company for the Sand Island Cargo Yard Annex, Honolulu Harbor, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-039:007 (Portion); and Pier 19, Honolulu Harbor, O‘ahu Oahu, Ta Map Key: (1) 1-5-039:007 (Portion).
- Issuance of Seventeen (17) Revocable Permits to Young Brothers, LLC to replace existing Revocable Permit H-992131, situated at Piers 39 and 40, Honolulu Harbor, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-2-025:011 (Portion), and (1) 1-2-025:011 (Portion) Governor’s Executive Nos. 3947,1351, 2212 and 3457. [Exhibit B]
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 9:00 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
Public Testimony: email: [email protected]
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the Board Meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website: https://www.dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES (e.g., sign language interpreter, wheel chair accessibility, or parking designated for the disabled) AT THE BLNR MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT STAFF AT LEAST 72-HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT (808) 587-0400 SO THAT ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.