Land Board Submittals – 03/13/20
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, MARCH 13, 2020
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAIʻI 96813
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
1. Request Approval of meeting minutes for January 28, 2020.
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
1. Request approval to authorize the Chairperson to Enter into a Memorandum of Understanding between the State of Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife and the United States Department of Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, for providing firefighting assistance.
D. LAND DIVISION
1. Amend Prior Board Action of October 14, 2016, Item D-2, Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Kauai Island Utility Cooperative for Utility Purposes; and Immediate Management and Construction Right-of-Entry, Kekaha, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-2-002: portions of 001, 009, and 040.
The purpose of the amendment is to change the consideration for the easement from a one-time payment of fair market rent as determined by independent appraisal to nominal consideration of $500.
2. Consent to Sublease of Non-Exclusive Easement No. S-5474, Waikoloa Beach Association, Lessee/Sublessor, to Nanea Kai, Inc., Sublessee, Anaehoomalu, South Kohala, Hawai’i, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-9-007: seaward of 011.
3. Consent to the Assignment and Assumption of General Lease No. S-5841, Honolulu, LLC, Assignor, to Souske Properties LLC, Assignee, Kapalama-Kai, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-042:002.
4. Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Waikiki Community Center for Beach Activities Purposes to be held on April 25 and 26, 2020 at Duke Kahanamoku Beach, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037: portions of 021 [Testimony]
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
1. Conservation District Enforcement HA 20-17 Alleged Unauthorized Transient Rental by Mr. Christopher Gorham Arai and Ms. Tess Marie Lusher Located at 87-3173 Mapuna Road, Kona Paradise Kaohe 4th, South Kona, Hawai’i Tax Map Key: (3) 8-7-019:031. [Testimony]
1. Issuance of a Hangar Facilities Lease for Air Charter and Air Medical and Related Services, Wing Spirit Inc, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-72: 23.
2. Issuance of a Fixed-Base Operator Lease, Airborne Aviation, Inc., Lihue Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001: Portion of 008. [Testimony]
3. Acquisition of: (1) Fee simple parcels to the Department of Transportation, Highways Division, for Highway Purposes, Relating to Honoapiilani Highway Realignment, Phase IA, Project No. NH-030-1(35), at Lahaina, Maui, State of Hawaii, Tax Map Key No: (2) 4-5-21: Portion of 003.
4. Issuance of three (3) Month-to-Month Permits to Hawaii Stevedores, Inc., situated at Pier 1, Hilo Harbor, Hawaii, Tax Map Key No: (3) 2-1-009:007 (P), Governor’s Executive Order No. 3962.
5. Issuance of two (2) Month-to-Month Permits to The Gas Company, LLC, situated adjacent to Pier 2, Kahului Harbor, Maui, Tax Map Key No: (2) 3-7-010:003 (P), Governor’ s Executive Order No. 2635.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 9:00 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
Public Testimony: e-mail: [email protected]
Q: HOW DO I SUBMIT A TOPIC OR AGENDA ITEM TO THE BOARD OF LAND & NATURAL RESOURCES MEETING?
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony, but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner, to give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the Board Meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website:
https://www.dlnr.Hawaii.gov/meetings or in person at 1151 Punchbowl Street, Rm 131, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813.
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES (e.g., sign language interpreter, wheel chair accessibility, or parking designated for the disabled) AT THE BLNR MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT STAFF AT LEAST 72-HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT (808) 587-0404 SO THAT ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.