Land Board Submittals – 08/28/20
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, August 28, 2020
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
Considering the evolving COVID-19 situation, protecting the health and welfare of the community is of utmost concern. As such, the meeting will be held remotely, with board members, staff and applicants participating via online meeting venue.
The meeting will be livestreamed at: http://youtube.com/c/boardoflandandnaturalresourcesdlnr
Interested persons can submit written testimony in advance of each meeting that will be distributed to Board Members prior to the meeting. Written testimony must be submitted no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting to ensure time for Board Members to review it. Late written testimony will be retained as part of the record, but we cannot assure Board Members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making. Submit written testimony to [email protected]
To provide live oral/video testimony during the online meeting, email your request to [email protected] at least 24 hours in advance, with your name, phone number, email address, computer identification name (check your device settings), and the agenda item on which you would like to testify. Once your request has been received, you will receive an email with the Zoom link via which to testify. You will need a computer with internet access, video camera and microphone to participate. If you require access by phone only, please indicate that in your email request. Testimony will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes per person per agenda item.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
Individuals requiring special assistance or auxiliary aids or services (i.e., sign language interpreter), please contact staff at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at 808.587.0404 so that arrangements can be made.
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
8/26/20 – F1 withdrawn
D. LAND DIVISION
- Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-7870, Charmaine Manuel, Permittee; Request for Waiver of Requirement for Conducting Phase I Environmental Site Assessment upon Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-7870; Issuance of New Revocable Permit to Pedryn Baniaga; for Pasture Use, Kekaha, Waimea (Kona), Kauaʿi, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-3-002:030.
- Amend Prior Board Action of August 28, 2009, Item D-1, Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 3449 to County of Kauai, Department of Water; Reset Aside to Division of Forestry and Wildlife for Remote Automatic Weather Station Site (RAWS); Issuance of Construction and Management Right-of- Entry, Hanapēpē, Waimea, Kauaʿi, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-8-012:032.
The purpose of the amendment is to replace the reset aside to the Division of Forestry and Wildlife for a RAWS with a reset aside to the Kauai County Housing Agency for affordable housing purposes.
- Amend Prior Board Action of April 11, 2014, Item D-6, Approval in Principle of Land Exchange between the State of Hawaii and Parker Ranch, Inc. for State-Owned Land at Waimea, South Kohala, Hawaii Tax Map Key: (3) 6-7-003:020 with Privately-Owned Commercial/Industrial Land of Equal or Greater Value to be identified at a Later Date and Issuance of an Immediate Right-of-Entry to Parker Ranch, Inc. for the Purpose of Conducting an Environmental Assessment on the subject State lands.
The purpose of the amendment is to obtain approval for an exchange of a portion of the “flagpole” area of the State’s flag lot parcel (TMK: (3) 6-7-003:020) for a portion of the adjacent privately-owned unimproved land (TMK: (3) 6-7-002:062 (por.)) zoned for residential use and contiguous with the “flag” portion of the State’s exchange parcel for the public purposes of facilitating the construction of a United States Post Office and straightening the boundaries of the State’s flag lot.
- Issuance of Land Patent in Confirmation of Land Commission Award No. 7081 to Kaiwikui, situate at Puaʿa 3, Kona, Hawaiʿi, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-5-018:014.
- Issuance of Land Patent in Confirmation of a Portion of Land Commission Award No. 10266 to Makai, situate at Puaʿa 3, Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-5-018:015.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Goodfellow Bros. LLC for Rough Grading of Existing Firebreak Road and Mowing of Grass Shoulders 30 feet from Edge of Road on Both sides at Kaunohua-Pōhākea Gulch on Lands Encumbered by General Lease No. S-6003, Kaheawa Wind Power II, LLC, Lessee, for Wind Farm Purposes, Wailuku, Maui; Tax Map Key: (2) 3-6-001: Portion of 014.
- Quitclaim of State’s Interests, if Any, in a Portion of Pūlehu Road to the County of Maui Pursuant to Act 288 Session Laws of Hawaii 1993, Kahului, Wailuku, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001 (roadway).
- Authorize the Cancellation of the Existing Quitclaim Deed to the City and County of Honolulu for Union Street Mall (formerly Union Street) and Issuance of a Disclaimer and/or Quitclaim Deed of State’s Interests, if any, in Union Street Mall to the fee owner City and County of Honolulu, Honolulu, Oʿahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-010: portion of 047. [Testimony]
- Second Amendment of Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement under Land Office Deed No. S-28,391 to Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc. (HECO) for Electric Transmission Distribution Lines and Poles Purposes to Expand the Easement Area as Necessitated by the Replacement of Improvements; Issuance of Construction Right-of-Entry Permit to HECO at Waʿahila Ridge, Manoa, Honolulu, Oʿahu; Tax Map Key: (1) 2-9-050: portion of 001 and (1) 3-4-010: portion of 009.
- Amend Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement No. S-5669 for Seawall Purposes, Bank of Hawaii as Trustees for the Tsugio Ueyama Revocable Living Trust dated July 10, 2001 and the Jane N Ueyama Revocable Living Trust dated July 10, 2001, and Lynn M. Wong, Grantees, Wailupe, Honolulu, Oʿahu, TMK (1) 3-6-003: seaward of 015. The purpose of this amendment is to increase the easement area by 16 square feet. Rescind Prior Actions of June 9, 2006, Item D-8 and October 12, 2007, Item D-5.
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Ms. Jennifer Lynch, Co-Director, Center for Marine Debris Research (CMDR), Hawaii Pacific University (HPU) for Access to State Waters to Conduct Marine Debris Research Activities.[Withdrawn]
- Settlement Agreement with Formosa Wealth Management for Stony Coral and Live Rock Damage Resulting from the October 02, 2018 Formosa Anchoring within the Kailua Bay Zone of Kona Coast Fisheries Management Area, Island of Hawai‘i. [Testimony]
- Issuance of a Land Lease for Fixed-Base Operations by Notice of Public Auction, Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Max Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 32.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, William Andrew Womack, Waimea-Kohala Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-7-001: Portion of 08.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Field Office and/or Storage of Materials and Equipment, Jas. W. Glover, Ltd., Līhuʿe Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001: 008 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Field Office and/or Storage of Materials and Equipment, Shioi Construction, Inc., Līhuʿe Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001: 008 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Month-to Month Revocable Permit to Alaska Marine Lines, Inc., for Storage of a Stationary Crane, situated at Pier 5, Kalaeloa Barbers Point Harbor, Oʿahu, Tax Map Key No: (1) 9-1-014:024 (P), Governor’s Executive Order No. 3383.
- Issuance of Month-to-Month Permit and Issuance of Lease for Fast Lands and Submerged Lands (subject to Legislative Approval) by Direct Negotiation to Paradise Cruise, LTD., for Mooring of the Vessel “Star of Honolulu” Floating Passenger Dock and Utility Easement, situated at Pier 8, Honolulu Harbor, Oʿahu, Tax Map Key No: (1) 2-1-001:001 (P), Governor’s Executive Order No. 3542.