Land Board Submittals – 09/25/20
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, September 25, 2020
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
Considering the evolving COVID-19 situation, protecting the health and welfare of the community is of utmost concern. As such, the meeting will be held remotely, with board members, staff and applicants participating via online meeting venue.
The meeting will be livestreamed at:
Interested persons can submit written testimony in advance of each meeting that will be distributed to Board Members prior to the meeting. Written testimony must be submitted no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting to ensure time for Board Members to review it. Late written testimony will be retained as part of the record, but we cannot assure Board Members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making. Submit written testimony to [email protected].
To provide live oral/video testimony during the online meeting, email your request to [email protected] at least 24 hours in advance, with your name, phone number, email address, computer identification name (check your device settings), and the agenda item on which you would like to testify. Once your request has been received, you will receive an email with the Zoom link via which to testify. You will need a computer with internet access, video camera and microphone to participate. If you require access by phone only, please indicate that in your email request. Testimony will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes per person per agenda item.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
Individuals requiring special assistance or auxiliary aids or services (i.e., sign language interpreter), please contact staff at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at 808.587.0404 so that arrangements can be made.
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
Update: 9/23/20 – Item D-5 deferred til 10/9/20
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Approve Dispositions of land that Wai’anae Community Re-Development Corporation acquired with a Grant from the Land Conservation Fund at Wai’anae, O’ahu, Tax Map Key No: (1) 8-6-008:004. [Testimony]
D. LAND DIVISION
- Intentionally Left Blank
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Maui Mixer, dba Na Mahi`ai `O Keanae for Auwai Maintenance Purposes, Keanae, Koolau, Hana, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 1-1-003:028; Issuance of Right of Entry to the State of Hawaii Department of Agriculture for Staging Area for Emergency Auwai Stabilization Project, Keanae, Koolau, Hana, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 1-1-003:092.
- Issuance of Construction Right of Entry to the State of Hawaii Department of Agriculture for Emergency Auwai Stabilization Purposes; Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Na Moku Aupuni O Ko`olau Hui for Auwai Maintenance Purposes, Keanae, Wailua, Koolau, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 1-1-008:001.
- Denial of Petition for Contested Case Hearing filed August 3, 2020 by Petitioners Steve and Jennifer Livingston, Regarding Board Action of July 24, 2020 Agenda Item D-3, Issuance of Revocable Permit to Tracy Hayward for Invasive Species Control Purposes, Waiohonu-Kakio, Hana, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 1-4-012:003 [Testimony]
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
Enforcement of Sanitation Violation under Unencumbered Public Lands Rules, Hawaii Administrative Rules Chapter 13-221, and Section 171-6, Hawaii Revised Statutes, by The Trash Man, LLC, on State Lands at Mapunapuna, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-064:006[Deferred 10/9/20]
- Amend Prior Board Action of June 12, 2020, Item D-7, Amend Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Hawaii Kai Marina Community Association for Maintenance of the Hawaii Kai Marina Entrance Channel and Sandbag Groin Purposes, Maunalua, Oahu; Tax Map Key: (1) 3-9-002: seaward of Kalanianaole Highway near the bridge*.
The amendment is to authorize an immediate construction right-of-entry permit (ROE) for the rock rubble groin structure.
E. STATE PARKS
- Authorize the Chairperson to Approve Construction of a Native Hawaiian Burial Memorial at Nuʻuanu Pali State wayside; Issuance of a Right-of-Entry to the Office of Hawaiian Affairs for Construction related purposes, Honolulu, Kona Moku, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-2-054:001por.
- Authorize the Chairperson to Approve and Execute a Memorandum of Agreement between the Division of State Parks, the Division of Forestry and Wildlife, and the Department of Transportation for the Establishment of a Plant Protection Site and Seabird Mitigation Site and to Close the Enclosure to Public Access at Kōke‘e State Park, Kaua‘i, Tax Map Key: (4) 5-9-001:016 por.; and
Authorize the Chairperson to Approve and Execute a Memorandum of Agreement between the Division of Forestry and Wildlife and the Department of Transportation for the Maintenance of a Plant Protection Site and Seabird Mitigation Site at Kōke‘e State Park, Kaua‘i, Tax Map Key: (4) 5-9-001:016 por.; and
Immediate Right-of-Entry to Construct the Fence Enclosure at Kahuama‘a Flats, Kōke‘e State Park, Kaua‘i, Tax Map Key: (4) 5-9-001:016 por. [Testimony]
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval to outplant a Small Number of Coral Colony Modules grown at Anuenue Fisheries Research Center to determine viability of Restoring Damaged and Deceased Coral Assemblages at Hanauma Bay Marine Life Conservation District, Honolulu, Hawaii. [Testimony]
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Office Space for the purpose of Providing 24-Hour Emergency Medical Response Services, International Life Support, Inc. dba American Medical Response, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Max Key: (1) 1-1-72: 69 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft, Snowbird Air LLC, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport. Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 21.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Richard H. Cox III, Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 32.
- Issuance of an Industrial Land Lease by Notice of Public Auction, Area/Space Nos. 003-126 and 003-127, Kahului Airport, Tax Map Keys: (2) 3-8-079: Portion of 021, (2) 3-8-001: Portion of 019 and Portion of Former Haleakala Highway as shown on Tax Map, County of Maui, Zone 3, Section 8, Plat 79.
- Amendment No. 2 to State Lease No. DOT-A-00-0003 to Encumber Additional Airport Land for its Air Cargo Facility Lease, United Parcel Service, Inc., Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-012: Portion of 009.
- Amendment No. 2 to State Lease No. DOT-A-01-0004 to Encumber Additional Airport Land for its Air Cargo Facility Lease, United Parcel Service, Inc., Lihue Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001: Portion of 8.
- Request for: (1) Acquisition of Lands and (2) Restrictions of Access to the Department of Transportation Highways Division, for Highway Purposes, Relating to Mokulele Highway, Puunene Avenue to Piilani Highway, Phase 1, Federal Aid Project No. NH-0900(59), at Pulehunui , Wailuku, Island of Maui, State of Hawaii, Tax Map Key Nos: (2) 3-8-008: Portions of Mokulele Highway, (2) 3-8-005: Portion of Mokulele Highway, and (2) 3-8-077: 009.