Land Board Submittals – 02/10/23
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: February 10, 2023
TIME: 9:15 A.M.
LOCATION: In person at 1151 Punchbowl St. Room 132
Online via ZOOM, Livestream via YouTube
Board members, staff, applicants, and testifiers can choose to participate either in-person, via ZOOM or by telephone. Members of the public are encouraged to wear a mask if attending in-person.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting at:
The meeting will be livestreamed at:
To provide in person testimony (Please wear a mask):
Attend live at 1151 Punchbowl St. Room 132 (Kalanimoku Building), Honolulu, Hawaii
To provide video testimony:
Send your request to [email protected]
Include your name and the agenda item on which you would like to testify. Once your request has been received, you will receive an email with the Zoom link. Requests may be made during the meeting.
To provide oral testimony by telephone please text (808) 296-1197 and identify the Item you wish to provide testimony on prior to calling in (this will allow identification when you are placed in the ZOOM waiting room :
|February 10, 2023|
|Dial: +1 (669) 900-6833
At the prompts, enter:
Meeting ID: 865 4952 4527 Passcode: 930579
Note: To unmute, press *6.
We ask that members of the public testifying on agenda items limit your testimony to three minutes so that we can get to everyone.
Interested persons can submit written testimony in advance of each meeting that will be distributed to Board Members prior to the meeting. Submit written testimony to [email protected] or via postal mail to the Board of Land and Natural Resources at P.O. Box 621, Honolulu, Hawaii 96809. We request written testimony be submitted no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting to ensure time for Board Member review. Late written testimony will be retained as part of the record and distributed to Board Members as soon as practicable, but we cannot ensure that Board Members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
If you need auxiliary aids or services or other accommodation due to a disability, contact staff at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at 808.587.0404 or email [email protected] so that arrangements can be made. If a response is received after the 72-hour time, we will try to obtain the auxiliary aid/service or accommodation but cannot guarantee that the request will be fulfilled.- Upon request, this notice is available in alternate formats such as large print, Braille, or electronic copy.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised, Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
Individuals requiring special assistance or auxiliary aids or services (e.g., sign language interpreter), please contact staff at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at 808.587.0404 so that arrangements can be made.
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
D. LAND DIVISION
2 Amend General Lease No. S-6073, West Maui Veterans Club, Inc., Lessee, to Provide that the Annual Rental shall be Reopened and Redetermined Based on the Board’s Then Prevailing Minimum Rent Policy for Eleemosynary Organizations, Wahikuli, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-5-014:051. [Testimony]
3. Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Private Event Aerial Fireworks Display at Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon on February 27, 2023, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037: portion of 021.
4. Report on Agenda Item D-11 at the Board meeting of December 9, 2022, regarding Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 4584 to the Department of Agriculture for Agriculture Purposes, Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key (1) 9-1-031:001. [Testimony]
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
1. Proposed Memorandum of Understanding between the State of Hawaiʿi, Department of Land and Natural Resources and the Kaanapali Operations Association, Inc., for the Funding of the Kāʿanapali Beach Restoration and Berm Enhancement Project Located at Hanakaoʻo, Lāhainā, Maui. [Testimony]
1. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of an Aircraft, Kirk W. McBride, Kenneth E. Rewick and Bruce J. Mayes, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-076: Portion of 20.
2. Intentionally Left Blank
3. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Private Use of a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of an Aircraft, Jelena Zinnanti, Kawaihapai Airfield, Waialua, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-8-014: 017 (Portion).
4. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Improved, Paved Land for a Shed to Store Airline Supplies and Luggage, Air Canada, Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043: Portion of 003.
5. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Sprung Structure for Aircraft Maintenance for Flight School Operations, Hawaii Pacific Aviation Inc., Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043: Portion of 003.
7. Approval for Acquisition of an Avigation Easement Over Private Lands of Maui Oceanview LP and Set Aside to the Department of Transportation, Airports Division, Situate at Mahinahina and Kahana, Lahaina, Island and County of Maui, State of Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-3-001:082 and (2) 4-3-001:083.
8. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Improved, Unpaved Land, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, Wildlife Services, Molokai Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 5-2-004: Portion of 008.
9. Resubmittal of Land Board Submittal of January 13, 2023, Item M-19 (Deferred) – Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Warehouse Space to a Licensed Live Tropical Fish Import/Export Business and a Wholesale Made-In-Hawaii Products Distribution Business, Hawaiian Sealife, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax May Key: (1) 1-1-004: 021 (Portion). [Testimony]
10. Authorizing the Department of Transportation (DOT) to Dispose of Remnant Parcel Under HRS § 171-52, to Interstate Highway, Federal Aid Project No. I-H1-1(82), Keehi Interchange, Moanalua, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-004: Portion of H1 Interstate, Parcel 59A, aka Land Court Lot Application 1074 Lot 940-B, as described and shown on enclosed Right-of-Way Map, Land Court Map 608 and Tax Map Key Map to the abutting Owner, K.J.L Associates (KJL), owner of Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-004:076.
Note: The land surplus to DOT’s needs and DOT has no objection to the sale. This request is in conjunction with a prior request to purchase a portion of another DOT parcel connected to KHL’s parcel approved as Item M-21 at the December 8, 2022, Board of Land and Natural Resources meeting.