Land Board Submittals – 05/13/16
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, May 13, 2016
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of February 12, 2016 Minutes
- Approval of February 26, 2016 Minutes
- Approval of March 11, 2016 Minutes
- Approval of March 24, 2016 Minutes
- Approval of Aril 8, 2016 Minutes
B. DIVISION OF CONSERVATION AND RESOURCES ENFORCEMENT
1. Requesting Board approval to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with the State of Hawaiʻi Department of Land and Natural Resources, and the State Adjutant General to Provide National Guard Counter- Drug Support for the Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement’s Domestic Cannabis Eradication and Suppression Program Efforts.
2. Request Chairperson’s Signature on Memorandum of Understanding Between the County of Hawai‘i, Department of Parks and Recreation, and the State of Hawai‘i, Department of Land and Natural Resources, Hunter Education Program For Equipment Use at the Hilo Trap and Skeet Range.
3. Intentionally Left Blank.
4. Requesting the Board of Land and Natural Resources Delegate its Authority to the Chairperson to Commission Conservation and Resources Enforcement Officers with Police Powers Pursuant to Section 199-4 (a), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
1. Authorization of Funding for The Nature Conservancy for $120,000 During FY 17-22 for Continued Enrollment in the Natural Area Partnership Program and Acceptance and Approval of the Kanepu‘u Preserve Long Range Management Plan, Tax Map Key 4-9-02:01, Lānaʻi.
Request for Authorization for the Chair to Issue a Finding of no Significant Impact (FONSI).
3. Request for Authorization to Negotiate and Sign a Contract(s) to Install Ungulate-Proof Fencing Within the Kawainui Marsh Wildlife Sanctuary, Tax Map Keys  4-2-13:05, 43, and 10; 4-2-16:15; and 4-2-17:20, Oʻahu
Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption to Chapter 343, HRS, Environmental Compliance Requirements for this Project.
5. Request for Approval of a Memorandum of Understanding Between the United States Fish and Wildlife Service (Department of the Interior), the Department of Land and Natural Resources (State of Hawai‘i), and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (United States Department of Commerce) Regarding the Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement for the Control and Eradication of Invasive Rodents and Mongoose in Hawai‘i Using an Integrated Pest Management Approach (IPM).
6. Intentionally Left Blank.
7. Request Approval to Enter into a Right-of-Entry Agreement with the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands to Conduct Management Including but not Limited to Invasive Species and Fire Control, Restoration or Introduction of Native Species, Infrastructure Installation and Maintenance, and Monitoring at Kahikinui, Maui Tax Map Key (2) 1-9-001:003 (Por), 007 (Por) and 011 (Por); and to Authorize the Chairperson to Negotiate, Approve, Execute, Amend, and Extend the Right-of-Entry Agreement.
D. LAND DIVISION
2. Intentionally Left Blank
5. Consent to Non-Exclusive License to Keauhou Lane, LP for Airspace over South Street Garage Parking Facility under Governor’s Executive Order No. 3433 to Department of Accounting and General Services, Honolulu, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-030:003.
6. Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to O‘ahu Hawaiian Canoe Racing Association Hawai‘i for the Duke Kahanamoku Long Distance Canoe Race Event to be held on August 21, 2016, at Waikīkī, Honolulu, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037: portions of 021.
7. Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to the Na Wahine O Ke Kai for a Canoe Race Event to be held on September 24 and 25, 2016, at Waikīkī, Honolulu, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037: portions of 021.
9. Grant of a Term, Non-Exclusive Easement and the Issuance of a Management Right-of-Entry for Utility Purposes to Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc., Waikele, ʻEwa, Oʻahu; Tax Map Key: (1) 9-3-001:portion of 004.
10. Intentionally Left Blank.
11. Set Aside to Hawai‘i Housing Finance and Development Corporation (HHFDC) for Affordable Multifamily Rental Housing Purposes; Assignment of Lessor’s Interest in General Lease No. S-4610, Kamana, Inc., Lessee, to HHFDC; Consent to HHFDC’s Issuance of New 65-Year Term Lease to Kamana, Inc., Lessee, for Affordable Multifamily Rental Housing Purposes for the Elderly and Disabled; Consent to the Assignment of the New Lease from Kamana, Inc., as Assignor, to U00660 Hilo, L.P., as Assignee; Issuance of Immediate Management Right-of-Entry to HHFDC, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawai‘i, Tax Map Keys: (3) 2-4-056:022.
E. STATE PARKS
1. Amendment of General Lease No. SP0152, Anna Thuente, widow, Miles Kawamoto, husband of Kareen Kawamoto, Michael Zins, husband of Barbara Zins and Gary Miller, husband of Carol Miller, Lessees, Waimea Canyon State Park, Lot 84, Pu’u KaPele, Waimea (Kona), Kaua’i, Hawai’i, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-4-002:086, The Purpose of the Amendment is to Correct the Termination Date to Read December 31, 2028;
Consent to Assign General Lease No. SP-0152, Anna Thuente, widow, Miles Kawamoto, husband of Kareen Kawamoto, Michael Zins, husband of Barbara Zins and Gary Miller, husband of Carol Miller, Assignors, to Anna Thuente, widow, Assignee, Waimea Canyon State Park, Lot 84, Pu’u KaPele, Waimea (Kona), Kaua’i, Hawai’i, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-4-002:086.
1. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Megan Donahue, Hawaiʻi Institute of Marine Biology, University of Hawaiʻi, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Activities for the Characterization of Moray Eel Population Densities.
2. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Special Ocean Use Permit to Chris Pearce, Publisher – Hana Hou! The Magazine of Hawaiian Airlines, for Access to State Waters for Activities Highlighting a Decade of Exploring, Researching, Conserving and Managing Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument.
3. Request for Approval to Add Funding ($420,000 Federal, $50,000 Matson Settlement Trust Fund) and Extend through FY17 the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR)/University of Hawai‘i (UH) Contract No. 60379 (Supplemental Contract No. 5) for the Project Titled “Collaborative Administration of the Hawai‘i Fish Aggregating Device System.”
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
2. Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Horizons Pacific Inc., DBA Big Island Divers, to Operate a Ticket Booth and Concession that Includes Maritime Related Activities, Concierge Services, Providing General Island Information, Maps, Restaurant Guides, Charter and Tour Information, Cruise Ship Itineraries, Trolley and Bus Schedules,
1. Declare Project Exempt from Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawai‘i Administrative Rules, Job No. D01CH65A, Kaulana Manu Native Bird and Plant Sanctuary – Viewing Area and Parking Lot, Island of Hawai‘i.
2. Declare Project Exempt From Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawai‘i Administrative Rules, Job No. AC00CM95B, Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation Measures, For Honokanaiʻa Base Camp, Island of Kahoʻolawe.
4. Amend Prior Board Action of October 9, 2015, Item M-3, to Replace Space No. 002-108 with Space No. 005-112 and Adjust Rent, Issuance of a Direct Lease for Land for a Hangar and Facilities Lease, Guardian Flight, Inc., Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12: 09 (Portion).
Amend Prior Board Action of January 22, 2016, Item M-17, Replace Space No. 004-125 with space No. 004-124, Issuance of a Heliport Lease, County of Kauaʻi, Fire Department, Līhuʻe Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-01: Portion of 8.
Authorizing the Department of Transportation (DOT) to convey Parcel 12-A to the United States through U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Moanalua Road, Puʻuloa Interchange to Middle Street, Federal Aid Urban Project No. U-FF-078-1(8), Tax Map Key (1) 1-1-08:Road Por.
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.