Land Board Submittals – 2/04/22
FOR THE SPECIAL MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, February 4, 2022
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
LOCATION: Online via ZOOM, Livestream via YouTube
Considering the evolving COVID-19 situation, protecting the health and welfare of the community is of utmost concern. As such, the meeting will be held remotely, with board members, staff, applicants, and testifiers participating via an online meeting venue.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting at:
The meeting will be livestreamed at:
To provide Oral Testimony by Telephone:
Dial: +1 (346) 248 7799
At the prompts, enter: Meeting ID: 839 0979 1405# Passcode: 452021#
Note: To unmute, press *6.
To provide Video Testimony by ZOOM:
Send your request via email to [email protected] and clearly identify the agenda item on which you would like to testify. Once your request has been received, you will receive an email with the Zoom link. Requests may be made during the meeting and will be processed as soon as practicable.
To provide Written Testimony by Mail or E-Mail:
Interested persons can submit written testimony in advance of each meeting that will be distributed to Board Members prior to the meeting. Submit written testimony to [email protected] or via postal mail to the Board of Land and Natural Resources at P.O. Box 621, Honolulu, Hawaii 96809. Written testimony that is received later than 24-hours prior to the meeting will be retained as part of the record and distributed to Board Members as soon as practicable, but we cannot ensure that Board Members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised, Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
Individuals requiring special assistance or auxiliary aids or services (e.g., sign language interpreter), please contact staff at least 72-hours prior to the meeting at 808.587.0404 so that arrangements can be made.
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
D. LAND DIVISION
1. Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Marine Mammal Alliance Inc., dba Hawaii Marine Animal Response, for Activities Relating to the Preservation and Recovery of Hawaii’s Endangered and Threatened Marine Animal Species on Unencumbered State-Owned Lands Located Seaward of the Shorelines of the Islands of Oahu and Molokai, Including Their Unencumbered Offshore Islets. [Testimony]
E. STATE PARKS
1. Request the Approval to Retroactively Consent to the 2016 Assignment of General Lease No. SP0131, William Olson, Assignor, to Assignees, William Olson and Jan N. Olson, for Waimea Canyon State Park, Lot 72, Kokeʻe Camp Site Lots, Waimea (Kona), Kauaʻi, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-4-004:068.
2. Request to Amend General Lease SP0042 to Kokua Kalihi Valley (Comprehensive Family Services), a Hawai’i nonprofit corporation, and Request a Thirty-five (35) Year Lease Extension to continue operating and maintaining cultural, educational, and recreational programs and activities for the public at Kalihi Valley State Park Reserve, Kalihi Valley, Honolulu, O’ahu, Hawai’i, Tax Map Keys: (1) 1-4-014:001, 1-4-014:026 and 1-4-016:003. [Testimony] [Testimony]
J. DIVISION OF BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
1. Approval of Issuance of Direct Lease for Certain Lands in Manele Small Boat Harbor, Lanai, Hawaii Tax Map Key: (2) 4-9-017:006 (portion), and seaward of (2) 4-9-017:006 (portion), to Coon Brothers, Inc. pursuant to Petition of Coon Brothers Inc. to Negotiate a Lease of Certain Submerged and Fast Lands and Dock at Manele Small Boat Harbor, Lanai, Hawaii (Item J-1 on March 22, 2013).
2. Issuance of Revocable Permit to Kanoa, Inc. dba Body Glove Cruises for Maritime Related Activities Including Concierge Service, Providing General Island Information, Maps, Restaurant Guides, Charter and Tour Information, Cruise Ship Itineraries, Trolley and Bus Schedules, Beach Rental Gear, Sunscreen, Cold Refreshments and Snacks and Guest Check In for Tour Purposes, Kailua-Kona Wharf, Kailua Village, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-5-006:039 (Portion);
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
1. Request for Administrative Fines and other Penalties against Mr. Donald King trustee of the KING, DONALD R TRUST and Mrs. Julianne King trustee of the KING, JULIANNE Y TRUST for the Conservation District Enforcement Case OA 22-13 Regarding the alleged Unauthorized Construction of a Road and Placement of Landscaping located within the Conservation District at the end of Po’opo’o Place, Lanikai Beach Tract, Kailua, O’ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-3-002:001. [Testimony]
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
1. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for an Office Space for a Control Room for Radio Equipment in Support of ACARS (Air Communications, Addressing and Reporting System), SITA Information Networking Computing USA, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: Portion of 001.
5. Issuance of Month-to-Month Revocable Permit to Rasier, LLC, for Vehicle Egress and Ingress for Cruise Passenger pick-up at Pier 2 Passenger Terminal, Honolulu Harbor, Island of Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-015: Portion of. 009, Governor’s Executive Order No. 4238.
6. Issuance of Two (2) Month-to-Month Revocable Permits to McCabe, Hamilton & Renny Company, Limited, for Warehouse Space, situated at Pier 23, Honolulu Harbor, Oahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 1-5-039: Portion of 025, (1) 1-5-039: Portion of 024 and (1) 1-5-039: Portion of 010, Governor’s Executive Order No. 2903.
7. Consent to Lease of Lands under Governor’s Executive Order No. 172 to Partners in Development Foundation for the purpose of Aina Based learning environment for at-risk youth population utilizing horticulture approach. Kailua, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1)1-4-2-006: Portion of 002
8. Approval to Issue Three (3) Direct Leases to Non-Profit Entities between the Department of Human Service, Office of Youth Services and (1) Residential Youth Service and Empowerment , Inc., (2) Kinai ‘Eha, and (3) Hale Kipa, for use of portions of the Kawailoa Youth and Family Wellness Center. Kailua, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-2-006: Portion 002. Governor’s Executive Order No. 172.
The purpose would provide stability for the non-profits to actively pursue programmatic and capital improvement resources to assure sustainably of on-campus programing.