Land Board Submittals – 09/23/16
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, September 23, 2016
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of July 22, 2016 Minutes
- Approval of August 12, 2016 Minutes
B. DIVISION OF CONSERVATION AND RESOURCES ENFORCEMENT
- Requesting to Enter into a Memorandum of Understanding Between the State of Hawaii, Department of Land and Natural Resources, and Marine Corps Base Hawaii for the Staging of a Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement Patrol Boat and Personal Water Craft at Aboard Marine Corps Base Hawaii Kaneohe Bay.
- Requesting to Enter into a Revocable License Agreement Between the State of Hawaii, Department of Land and Natural Resources, and the US Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration for the Staging of Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement Boats, Trailers, and Personal Water Craft at NOAA’s Daniel K. Inouye Regional Center on Ford Island, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request for Authorization for the Chairperson of the Board of Land and Natural Resources to Sign, Execute, Amend, and Extend Agreement(s), Contract(s), and Other Document(s) for the Operating Grant-in-Aid to Hawaii Wildfire Management Organization to Support Wildfire Related Outreach and Education and Hazardous Vegetation Reduction Planning Statewide
Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption to Chapter 343, Hawaii Revised Statutes, Environmental Compliance Requirements for the Project.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Request for Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Edmund D. Gregoire and Linda L. Gregoire for Seawall Purposes, Assess Administrative Cost of $500.00; por. of Kukuiula Subdivision, Kukuiula, Koloa, Kona, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 2-6-011:019.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Set Up, Firing, and all other Pre-display and Post-display activities for the Porter-Lyon Wedding Aerial Fireworks Display at Mauna Kea Beach’s Kauna`oa Beach on October 29, 2016, on unencumbered State lands, Ouli, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-2-002: seaward of parcel 004.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Maui’s Original Hawaiian Corporate Games, Inc., for Volleyball Competition Purposes, Wailea Beach, Paeahu, Honuaula, Maui, Tax Map Keys (2) 2-1-008: seaward of 109.
- Amendment of Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement, General Lease (GL) No. S-6008, for Seawall Purposes, to Stanley Gerald Dunn, Trustee of the Stanley Gerald Dunn Revocable Living Trust dated February 27, 2003; Wainee, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-5-003: seaward of 025. The Purpose of this Amendment is to Increase the Easement Area to 258 Square Feet, More or Less.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to the Oahu Hawaiian Canoe Racing Association for the 2016 Molokai Hoe Outrigger Canoe Race Event Operations and Staging Purposes; Tax Map Key: (2) 5-1-002:012, Hale-o-Lono, Kaluakoi, Molokai.
- Annual Renewal of Revocable Permits on the Islands of Maui, Lanai and Molokai. See Exhibit 2 for list of Revocable Permits. (EXHIBIT 2 ATTACHED)
- Intentionally Left Blank.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hilton Hawaiian Village LLC for Beach Activities Purposes on October 21 and 22, 2016 Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:Portion of 021.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives and Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display on December 31, 2016 at the beach fronting Kahala Hotel, Waialae, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-5-023:seaward of 041.
- Intentionally Left Blank.
- Authorize the Chairperson to Accept the Release of Deed Restrictions regarding Public Recreation Purposes from the City and County of Honolulu at Aloha Stadium, Ewa, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-9-003:portions of 055, 061, 069, 070, and 071; and Transfer of Deed Restrictions from Aloha Stadium to the Central Maui Regional Sports Complex, Waikapū, Wailuku, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-007:104.
E. STATE PARKS
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry and Revocable Permit to Honolulu Seawater Air Conditioning, LLC, for Roadway Access and for Construction and Staging Area Purposes, Sand Island, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-041:006 (Portion).
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval to enter into a Federally Funded Contract for Goods and Services between Department of Health and the Department of Land and Natural Resources ($88,402.42) to support the State’s mission of Pollution Runoff Control Program, West Maui.
- Request for Authorization and Delegation to the Chairperson to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to the Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Coast Guard, Element Environmental, and/or a Salvage Company (TBD) for Access to State Waters to conduct salvage activities at Kure Atoll.
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Continuation of Revocable Permits to Anela Kai Catamarans, Inc., Island Beach Activities, Inc., Kepoikai, Ltd., King Parsons Enterprises, Ltd., Waikiki Cruises, LLC, Welakahao Catamaran, Inc., and Woodbridge Inc. to Embark and Disembark Passengers on Waikiki Beach, for the Purpose of Placing Permanent Anchors in the Beach in Order to Secure the Vessel. (SEE EXHIBIT A ATTACHED)
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to HBM, LLC for Equipment Storage and Vessel Moorage Located at the Ala Wai Small Boat Harbor, Kalia, Honolulu, Island of Oahu, Hawaii Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:020.
- Issuance of a Direct Lease to Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. for a Cargo and Maintenance Hangar Facility, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-002:014 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Novictor Aviation LLC, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Parking and Storage of Vehicles, Manheim Remarketing, Inc. dba Manheim Hawaii, 2865 Ualena Street, Ualena Street, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: 1-1-04: 7 (Portion).
- Final Approval for the Acquisition of Privately-Owned Lands and Set Aside to the Department of Transportation for Addition to Kahului Airport, Situate at Kahului, Island and County of Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001-002 (POR.), 267 (POR.) and 269 (POR.).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for an Air Cargo Operation, Kamaka Air, Inc., Lanai Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-9-02: Portion of 55.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Hawaii Pacific Aviation Inc. dba Mauna Loa Helicopters, Kona International Airport at Keahole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43: Portion of 40.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry to Pacific Shipyards International, LLC, Santo Engineering, LLC, Kai Hawaii, and Morikawa & Associates, LLC, on State Lands to Construct a Photovoltaic Parking Canopy and Tent Structures at Piers 24 and 25, Honolulu Harbor, Hawaii, Tax Map Key No. (2) 1-5-038:1 (portion).
- Amend Prior Board Action of September 9, 2010, Item M-1 to Authorize the Department of Transportation (DOT) to Dispose of Parcel B (AMB-1) and the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) to Dispose of Dewey Lane Remnant (PR-1) , Honolulu-Pearl Harbor Road, Federal Aid Project No. U-44 (9), Kalia Section, at Kalia, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Abutting Tax Map Keys (1) 2-6-9:002 & (1) 2-6-9:003.
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 8:45 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://dlnr.Hawaii.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.