Land Board Submittals – 03/22/19
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, MARCH 22, 2019
TIME: 9:15 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
- Approval of Meeting Minutes for October 28, 2018.
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Authorize closure of the Pua Loke Arboretum for management purposes, Tax Map Key no. (4) 3-8-005:002, Lihue, Kauai.
- Request for delegation of authority to the Chairperson to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with the Kure Atoll Conservancy.
- Request for delegation of authority to the Chairperson to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with the Hawaii Marine Mammal Alliance.
- Request for approval for selection of a competitive sealed proposal process for a forest inventory at the Kapāpala Koa Canoe Management Area, Ka‘ū Forest Reserve, Ka‘ū District, Hawai‘i County, Tax Map Key: (3) 9-8-001:014
Declare that, after considering the potential effects of the proposed project as provided by Chapter 343, HRS, and Chapter 11-200, HAR, this project will likely have minimal or no significant effect on the environment and is therefore exempt from the preparation of an environmental assessment.
- Request approval of the MDHE LLC Forest Stewardship Management Plan and Forest Stewardship Agreement with MDHE LLC, TMK (1) 4-2-004:001, Kailua, Koʻolaupoko, Island of Oʻahu.
- Request approval and authorization of the Chairperson to negotiate and execute a Memorandum of Agreement between the Friends of Hawaii’s Urban Forest dba Smart Trees Pacific and the State of Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources for the purpose of the joint and cooperative management of the Kaulunani Urban and Community Forestry Program
Declare that, after considering the potential effects of the proposed project as provided by Chapter 343, HRS, and Chapter 11-200, HAR, this project will probably have minimal or no significant effect on the environment and is therefore exempt from the preparation of an environmental assessment
D. LAND DIVISION
- Issuance of Right-of Entry Permit to Gary W. Rodrigues for Conservation Management Purposes, Kawaihau, Kapaa, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-6-008:023.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Maui’s Original Hawaiian Corporate Games, Inc., for Team Building and Beach Game Event Purposes, Wailea Beach, Honuaula, Maui; Tax Map Key: (2) 2-1-023: seaward of 007
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands to Conduct Field Studies for a Temporary Wastewater Facility at Pulehunui, Maui, Tax Map Keys: (2) 3-8-008:001, 037 & 038.
- Set-Aside to Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Aquatic Resources for Fisheries Research Center and Related Purposes; Issuance of Management Right-of-Entry Permit, Kaholaloa, Sand Island, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-041:003 portion.
- After-the-fact Consent to Two (2) Subleases under General Lease No. S-4588, Insite Towers Development, LLC, Sublessor, to Blow Up, LLC and United States Secret Service as Sublessees, Kalawahine and Opu, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-5-019: portion of 013.
- Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order Nos. 4135 and 4290; Issuance of Quitclaim Deed and Issuance of Management Right-of-Entry to Department of Education; Diamond Head and Kaimuki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-1-042:035, 039 and (1) 3-2-037:027.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit for Corporate Events Purposes to be held on April 4, 13, 14, and September 9, 2019; Resorttrust Hawaii, LLC, Applicant; Waialae, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-5-023: portions of 041.
- Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 2596 and Reset Aside to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation for Haleiwa Small Boat Harbor, Paalaa and Kawailoa, Waialua, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 6-2-003:011; 6-6-001:025, 052 and 053; and 6-6-002:003 to 006.
- Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement Identified as Easement 9667 as shown on Land Court Application 1069, Map 1409 to City and County of Honolulu, Board of Water Supply for Flowage Easement Purposes, Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-018: Portion 008.
- Second Amendment of General Lease No. S-5223 Regarding Rent Payable; Coalition for Specialized Housing, Lessee; Low or Moderate-Income Housing for the Elderly and Disabled Purposes, Pearl City, Ewa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-7-019:049.
- Approval of Watershed Management Protection Cost Share Formula and Contribution for Leases of Water Rights Pursuant to Section 171-58(e), Hawaii Revised Statutes (HRS); and Adoption of Guidelines to Determine Whether a Lease of Water Rights May Be Exempt from the Preparation of an Environmental Assessment or Environmental Impact Statement Under Chapter 343, HRS. [Testimony – Oppose, Support]
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request Approval to add Funding and extend through FY20 an existing Federally Funded Project Agreement between the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) and the Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii (RUCH) for the Division of Aquatic Resources (DAR) Research Project entitled “Investigation of Estuarine Habitats.”
- Request Approval to add Funding and extend through FY20 an existing Federally Funded Project Agreement between the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) and the Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii (RUCH) for the Division of Aquatic Resources (DAR) Research Project entitled “Statewide Marine Resources Assessment.”
- Request Approval to add Funding and extend through FY20 an existing Federally Funded Project Agreement between the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) and the Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii (RUCH) for the Division of Aquatic Resources (DAR) Research Project entitled “Hawaii Marine Recreational Fishing Survey.
- Request for Approval to Enter into a Memorandum of Agreement Between the State of Hawaii, Board of Land and Natural Resources (or “BLNR”) and Honolulu Seawater Air Conditioning, LLC (“HSWAC”), regarding the Construction of Seawater Intake and Return Water Pipelines to provide seawater air conditioning services to downtown Honolulu, Oahu, Hawai’i, the proposed limited take of stony coral and live rock, and the proposed avoidance and minimization measures designed to avoid or minimize losses of stony coral and live rock.
The Project is located upon submerged land makai of Kakaako Waterfront Park, offshore of Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-060 and the temporary use of the Channel D of Keehi Lagoon, Oahu, Hawai’i.
J. DIVISION OF BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Request to Amend Prior Board Action of February 8, 2019, (Item J-3). Request to Amend the Board’s Prior Approval for Continuation of a Revocable Permit (“RP”) to A&K Ventures, LLC, for Purposes of Landscaping, Maintenance, Storage of Small Boats and Trailers and Other Activities at Mala Wharf and Surrounding Areas, Alamihi, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii, Identified by Tax Map Key: (2) 4-5-005:019. The Purpose of this Amendment is to Revise the Term Beginning March 1, 2019, and Ending April 30, 2020, to Beginning March 1, 2019, and Ending February 29, 2020
- Issuance of Revocable Permits to Nai’a Lele III Corp. Located at Honokohau Small Boat Harbor, Kealakehe, North Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-4-008:003. See Exhibit A
Declare Project Exempt from Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS And Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AN COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3827 for a Single-Family Residence, Associated Improvements, and for the After-The-Fact Installation of a Gate and Solar Panels by Darrel G. Welch, Jr. Located at 242 Forest Ridge Way, Tantalus Heights, Honolulu, Island of Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-5-014: 028.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Field Office and Construction Trailer, Nan, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport , Tax Map Keys: (1) 1-1-003: 042 (Portion) and (1) 1-1-003: 001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Robert M. Phillips, Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 124.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit, Storage Space for Equipment and Parts for T-Hangar Door Maintenance, Oxford Electronics, Inc., Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-01: Portion of 19.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Paved Ramp Space for Equipment Storage, Bradley Pacific Aviation, Inc., Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keāhole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43: Portion of 40.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, N135JG LLC, Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12: Portion of 90.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, N132EA LLC, Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12: Portion of 90.
- Issuance of Thirteen (13) Revocable Permits to Hawaii Stevedores, Inc. to replace existing Revocable Permit Nos. H-96-1912, H-05-2506, H-09-2651, H-11-2706, H-15-2775, situated at Piers 1 and 2, Honolulu, Harbor, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-015:009 (Portion), Governor’s Executive Order No. 4238. [Exhibit-B]
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 9:00 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
Public Testimony: email: [email protected]
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the Board Meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website: http://www.dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES (e.g., sign language interpreter, wheel chair accessibility, or parking designated for the disabled) AT THE BLNR MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT STAFF AT LEAST 72-HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT (808) 587-0400 SO THAT ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.