Land Board Submittals – 09/24/21
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, September 24, 2021
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
LOCATION: Online via ZOOM, Livestream via YouTube
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting at:
Considering the evolving COVID-19 situation, protecting the health and welfare of the community is of utmost concern. As such, the meeting will be held remotely, with board members, staff and applicants participating via online meeting venue.
The meeting will be livestreamed at:
Interested persons can submit written testimony in advance of each meeting that will be distributed to Board Members prior to the meeting. Written testimony must be submitted no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting to ensure time for Board Members to review it. Late written testimony will be retained as part of the record, but we cannot assure Board Members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making. Submit written testimony to [email protected].
To provide live oral/video testimony during the online meeting, email your request to [email protected] at least 24 hours in advance, with your name, phone number, email address, computer identification name (check your device settings), and the agenda item on which you would like to testify. Once your request has been received, you will receive an email with the Zoom link via which to testify. You will need a computer with internet access, video camera and microphone to participate. If you require access by phone only, please indicate that in your email request. Testimony will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes per person per agenda item.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
Individuals requiring special assistance or auxiliary aids or services (i.e., sign language interpreter), please contact staff at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at 808.587.0404 so that arrangements can be made.
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
1. Request for Approval to Enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with Oahu Resource Conservation and Development Council to build Partnerships between the Agricultural sector and the Hunting community regarding the Windward Oahu Feral Swine Control pilot project.
D. LAND DIVISION
1. Annual Renewal of Revocable Permits on the Island of Kauai for 2022. See Exhibit 2 for list of Revocable Permits.
2. Amend Prior Board Action of January 8, 2021, Item D-3, Terminate Use, Occupancy and Possession of Premises under Expired General Lease No. S-3795 by InSite Towers Development, LLC; Authorize the Issuance of a Direct Lease to New Cingular Wireless PCS, LLC (New Cingular) for Microwave Station and Microwave Tower Facilities Purposes and Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easements to New Cingular for Access and Utility Purposes, Hanapepe, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Keys: (4) 1-4-001:016, 017 and (4) 1-4-001:002 pors.
The purpose of this amendment is to remove Easements A and B. Upon further inspection, Easements A and B were determined to be for tree trimming to maintain line-of-sight from the subject parcel to other Microwave Tower Facilities which is no longer necessary.
3. Rescind Prior Board Action of September 11, 2020, Item D-3, Issuance of Direct Lease to Regenerations International Botanical Garden for Intensive Agricultural Use Purposes and Issuance of Immediate Management Right-of Entry Permit; Kapaa, Kawaihau, Kauai; Tax map Keys: (4) 4-6-005: 007 & 008;
4. Approve Evaluation Committee’s Recommendation for Selection of Proposal Submitted by Tower Development, Inc. in Response to Request for Qualifications / Request for Proposals for the Repair, Renovation, and Operation of the Former Country Club Condominium Hotel, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-005:020.
The Request for Qualifications/Request for Proposals was issued pursuant to the prior Board Action of December 13, 2019, Item D-2: Authorize the Issuance of a Request for Qualifications / Request for Proposals for Lease of Improved Public Lands; Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-005:020.[Testimony] [Late Testimony]
5. Approve Evaluation Committee’s Recommendation for Selection of Proposal Submitted by Tower Development, Inc. in Response to Request for Qualifications / Request for Proposals for the: Demolition / Partial Demolition and / or Repair / Renovation; and (2) Operation of the Former Uncle Billy’s Hilo Bay Hotel, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii, Tax Map Keys: (3) 2-1-005: 033, 034, 035 and 045.
The Request for Qualifications/Request for Proposals was issued pursuant to the prior Board Action of December 13, 2019, Item D-3: Authorize the Issuance of a Request for Qualifications / Request for Proposals for Lease of Improved Public Lands; Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Keys: (3) 2-1-005: 033, 034, 035, and 045.[Testimony] [Late Testimony]
6. Intentionally Left Blank
7. Acceptance of the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) for Proposed Issuance of a Long-Term Water Lease Via Public Auction for the Nahiku, Keanae, Honomau, and Huelo License Areas included in Revocable Permits S-7263 (Tax Map Key: (2) 1-1-001:044), S-7264, (Tax Map Keys: (2) 1-1-001:050, 2-9-014:001, 005, 011, 012 & 017) and S-7265 (Tax Map Key: (2) 1-1-002:por. 002) to Alexander and Baldwin, Inc., and S-7266 (Tax Map Keys: (2) 1-2-004:005 & 007) to East Maui Irrigation Company, Limited for Water Use on the Island of Maui. The Final Environmental Impact Statement is available for review through the following link:
Pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes (HRS), the Board may go into Executive Session in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.[Testimony] [Late Testimony]
8. Consent to Sublease under General Lease No. S-5468, Hui Malama O Ke Kai Foundation, Lessee, to Malama Honua Public Charter School Foundation, Sublessee, Waimanalo, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-009:265.[Testimony]
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
1. Recommendation for Approval of Applicant’s Request for Extension of 30-Day Time Period for Consideration of Final Environmental Impact Statement for Issuance of Commercial Aquarium Permits and Commercial Marine Licenses for the Honolulu, ʻEwa, Waiʻanae, Waiālua, Koʻolauloa, and Koʻolaupoko Districts on the Island of Oʻahu.[Testimony]
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
1. Request (1) Authorization for the Chairperson to Sign an Amendment to the Memorandum of Agreement Between State of Hawaii Department of Health, Clean Air Branch and the State of Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources, Office of Conservation and Coastal Lands for the Expansion of Sustainable Transportation Multi-Modal Work, Statewide, dated February 17, 2021, to Extend the Project Completion Deadline; and (2) Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson to Negotiate and Execute Amendments to the Memorandum of Agreement.
1. Issuance of Amendment to Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-16-0012 for the addition of space allocated for storage WI-FI Services Concession, Boingo Wireless, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: Portion of 001.
2. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for the storage and maintenance of an Aircraft for the operation of a commercial Flight School, Pacific Flight Academy LLC, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-076: Portion of 021.
6. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for an Administrative Office, United States of America, General Services Administration, Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001: Portion of 173.
7. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for spaces in the Terminal Building for an office and passenger check-in kiosks and ramp space for GSE storage, Alaska Airlines, Inc., Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043: Portion of 003.
8. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for an office and breakroom space for Administration purposes, United States of America, Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole, Map Tax Key: (3) 7-3-043: Portion of 003.
9. Request Approval to Issue a Month-to-Month Permit and Issuance of a Lease by Direct Negotiation to Aloha Petroleum LLC, for a Surface Pipeline Easement used to Transport Petroleum Products at Pier 31, Honolulu Harbor, Island of Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-036: Portion of 001 Governor S Executive Order No. 2903.
10. Request Authorization to Acquire Land for the Department of Transportation, Highways Division, for Highway Purposes, Relating to Kamehameha Highway, Kokoloio Stream Bridge Replacement, Federal Aid Project No. 83C-05-01, Laiemaloo, Koolauloa, Island of Oahu, State of Hawaii, Tax Map Key No. (1) 5-5-001:007.