Land Board Submittals – 2/11/22
FOR THE SPECIAL MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, February 11, 2022
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
LOCATION: Online via ZOOM, Livestream via YouTube
Considering the evolving COVID-19 situation, protecting the health and welfare of the community is of utmost concern. As such, the meeting will be held remotely, with board members, staff, applicants, and testifiers participating via an online meeting venue.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting at:
The meeting will be livestreamed at:
To provide Oral Testimony by Telephone:
Dial: +1 (346) 248 7799
At the prompts, enter: Meeting ID: 839 0979 1405# Passcode: 452021#
Note: To unmute, press *6.
To provide Video Testimony by ZOOM:
Send your request via email to [email protected] and clearly identify the agenda item on which you would like to testify. Once your request has been received, you will receive an email with the Zoom link. Requests may be made during the meeting and will be processed as soon as practicable.
To provide Written Testimony by Mail or E-Mail:
Interested persons can submit written testimony in advance of each meeting that will be distributed to Board Members prior to the meeting. Submit written testimony to [email protected] or via postal mail to the Board of Land and Natural Resources at P.O. Box 621, Honolulu, Hawaii 96809. Written testimony that is received later than 24-hours prior to the meeting will be retained as part of the record and distributed to Board Members as soon as practicable, but we cannot ensure that Board Members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised, Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
Individuals requiring special assistance or auxiliary aids or services (e.g., sign language interpreter), please contact staff at least 72-hours prior to the meeting at 808.587.0404 so that arrangements can be made.
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
1. Approval of October 22, 2021, Board of Land and Natural Resources meeting.
2. Approval of the November 12, 2021, Board of Land and Natural Resources meeting.
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
1. Request approval to authorize the Chairperson to negotiate, enter into, amend, extend, and terminate a Cooperative Agreement between the State of Hawaii, Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife, and the United States Fish and Wildlife Service to manage, monitor, restore, and enhance for the benefit of fish, wildlife and plants in the Kona forest unit of Hakalau Forest National Wildlife Refuge and the Waiea Tract, Tax Map Key: (3) 8-6-001:003.
D. LAND DIVISION
2. Consent to Sublease General Lease No. S-3624, 69 Railroad, LLC, Lessee, to Self Storage Hilo LLC, Covan World-Wide Moving, Incorporated, C.A.R.S.S. LLC, Provision Solar, Inc., Tracey Gapol, Charles Wagner & Erin Wagner, Hawaii Behavioral Health, LLC, Whitney & Arnessa Iranon, Mr. & Mrs. Charles and Erin Wagner, McCully Works, Inc., and Lamar Pacheco, Sublessees, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-012:026.
Authorize the Chairperson to Approve and Execute a Development Agreement for a 30-Year Extension of Lease Term and to Execute the Lease Extension Document, General Lease No. S-3624, 69 Railroad, LLC, Lessee; Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2 -1-012: 026.
Approve Mediated Settlement of Rent Reopening Dispute Pursuant to Mediation Agreement for the Periods of 2026-2046, General Lease No. S-3624, 69 Railroad, LLC, Lessee; Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2 -1-012: 026.
2. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for the Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft in Support of a Commercial Aeronautical Maintenance Business, East West Avionics Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 20.
3. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Two T-Hangars for the Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft in Support of a Commercial Aeronautical Flight School Business, Hawaii Pacific Aviation, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portions of 21 and 22.
6. Issuance of Eighteen (18) Month-to-Month Permits to Young Brothers, LLC, for Office Spaces, Storage Spaces, Warehouse Spaces, and a subsurface Sewer Easement, situated at Piers 21 and 22, Honolulu Harbor, Island of Oahu, Tax Map Key Nos. (1) 1-5-039: Portion of 035, (1) 1-5-039: Portion of 037, (1) 1-5-039: Portion of 034, (1) 1-5-039:Portion of 038, (1) 1-5-039: Portion 069, (1) 1-5-039: Portion of 051, and (1) 1-5-039: Portion of 007, Governors Executive Order No. 2903.
7. Amend Prior Board Action of September 11, 2020, Item M-8, Request for: Acquisition of Lands to the Department of Transportation, Highways Division (DOT), for Highway Purposes, Relating to Farrington Highway, Project No. STP-0930-1(006), at Mokuleia and Kamananui, Waialua, Island of Oahu, State of Hawaii, Tax Map Key Nos. (1) 6-8-006: Portions of 010, (1) 6-8-007: Portions of 002, and (1) 6-7-001: Portions of 026.
The purpose of this request is for the Board of Land and Natural Resources (Board) to approve deletion of the hazardous material provisions from the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) form Warranty Deed for the specific property identified as Tax Map Key No. (1) 6-7-001: Portions of 026.