Land Board Submittals – 01/27/23
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: January 27, 2023
TIME: 9:15 A.M.
LOCATION: In person at 1151 Punchbowl St. Room 132
Online via ZOOM, Livestream via YouTube
Board members, staff, applicants, and testifiers can choose to participate either in-person, via ZOOM or by telephone. Members of the public are encouraged to wear a mask if attending in-person.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting at:
The meeting will be livestreamed at:
To provide in person testimony (Please wear a mask):
Attend live at 1151 Punchbowl St. Room 132 (Kalanimoku Building), Honolulu, Hawaii
To provide video testimony:
Send your request to [email protected]
Include your name and the agenda item on which you would like to testify. Once your request has been received, you will receive an email with the Zoom link. Requests may be made during the meeting.
To provide oral testimony by telephone please text (808) 296-1197 and identify the Item you wish to provide testimony on prior to calling in (this will allow identification when you are placed in the ZOOM waiting room :
|January 27, 2023|
|Dial: +1 (669) 900-6833
At the prompts, enter:
Meeting ID: 898 0366 4621 Passcode: 612231
Note: To unmute, press *6.
We ask that members of the public testifying on agenda items limit your testimony to three minutes so that we can get to everyone.
Interested persons can submit written testimony in advance of each meeting that will be distributed to Board Members prior to the meeting. Submit written testimony to [email protected] or via postal mail to the Board of Land and Natural Resources at P.O. Box 621, Honolulu, Hawaii 96809. We request written testimony be submitted no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting to ensure time for Board Member review. Late written testimony will be retained as part of the record and distributed to Board Members as soon as practicable, but we cannot ensure that Board Members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
If you need auxiliary aids or services or other accommodation due to a disability, contact staff at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at 808.587.0404 or email [email protected] so that arrangements can be made. If a response is received after the 72-hour time, we will try to obtain the auxiliary aid/service or accommodation but cannot guarantee that the request will be fulfilled.- Upon request, this notice is available in alternate formats such as large print, Braille, or electronic copy.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised, Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
Individuals requiring special assistance or auxiliary aids or services (e.g., sign language interpreter), please contact staff at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at 808.587.0404 so that arrangements can be made.
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
D. LAND DIVISION
1. First Amendment of General Lease No. S-6160, New Cingular Wireless PCS, LLC, Lessee, Government Lands Situate at Hanapepe, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Keys: (4) 1-4-001:016, 017.
The purpose of this amendment is to insert a rent reopening interval that was inadvertently omitted from the lease and to change the character of use from “microwave station and microwave tower facilities together with appurtenant easements” to “telecommunication station and telecommunication tower facilities together with appurtenant easements.”
J. DIVISION OF BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
1. Authorization to Enter into a U.S. Government License For Real Estate with the U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Weather Service for the Installation of Sea Level Monitoring Equipment at the Waianae Small Boat Harbor, Waianae-Kai, Waianae, Island of Oahu, Hawaii Tax Map Key: (1) 8-5-002:044 (Portion); and
Declare Project Exempt from Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS and Title 11, Chapter 200.1, Hawaii Administrative Rules.
1. Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson to Enter into Memorandum of Agreements with the State of Hawaii Department of Defense Hawaii Emergency Management Agency for the FEMA Public Assistance Grant Program, Statewide for Federal declared emergencies in.
1. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Parking and Storage of Rental Car Vehicles, Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-014: 103 (Portion).
2. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Two Aircraft Parking, Novictor Aviation LLC, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-076: Portion of 023.
3. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Preferential Hold Room Located at Gate E6, Central Concourse, Terminal 2, Southwest Airlines Co., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 050 (Portion).
4. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for an Employee Break Room and Storage, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, Plant Protection and Quarantine, Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001: Portion of 173.
5. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Sol Ammon, Waimea‑Kohala Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-7-001: Portion of 008.