Land Board Submittals – 06/24/16
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, June 24, 2016
TIME: 09:00 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
- Approval of February 26, 2016 Minutes
- Approval of April 8, 2016 Minutes
- Approval of April 22, 2016 Minutes
- Approval of May 13, 2016 Minutes
B. DIVISION OF CONSERVATION AND RESOURCES ENFORCEMENT
- Request Board Approval to Enter into Contract for Vehicle Purchase Between the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Conservation and Resources Enforcement (DOCARE), and SERVCO Pacific Inc.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Approve the Final Environmental Assessment for Makiki Baseyard Improvements Project (Tax Map Key: (1) 2 5-019: Portion of 008) and Issuance of a Finding of No Significant Impact.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Partial Withdrawal of Lands Under Governor’s Executive Order No. 510; Reset Aside to Margaret A. Medeiros, Debra K. Titcomb, Randal K. Medeiros and William Daryl Medeiros for Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement for Access and Utility Purposes; and Immediate Management and Construction Right-of-Entry Permit at por. of Kalaheo Homesteads, 2nd Series, Kalāheo, Koloa, Kauaʻi, Tax Map Key: (4) 2-3-002:005.
- Rescind Prior Board Actions of June 27, 2014, Item D-2, Consent to Assignment of General Lease No. S-5435, Lei Mamo Kaapana Aken, Assignor, to Beverly Keonaona Amaral, Assignee, Kīkala-Kēōkea, Puna, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 1-2-043:035. And
Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5435, Lei Mamo Kaapana Aken, Assignor, to Shirley Kaiwalani Nash, Assignee, Lot 35, Kalapana Section, Kīkala-Kēōkea, Puna, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 1-2-043:035.
- Consent to Assignment of General Lease No. S-5542, Nicholas E. Muragin and Lisa K. Muragin, as Assignor, to Kelonukai Ranch, LLC, as Assignee, Ola’a, Puna, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 1-8-010:038, 043, 044 & 046.
- Consent to Mortgage of Sublease K-4 with Estoppel Certificate, General Lease No. S-5619, Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaiʻi Authority, Lessee, Cyanotech Corporation, Sublessee/Mortgagor, First Foundation Bank, Mortgagee, Kalaoa 1st-4th, North Kona, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043: 063.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to the Association of Apartment Owners (AOAO) of Lāhainā Shores for the Removal of Vegetation (Naupaka) from within the Beach Transit Corridor / Shoreline at Lāhainā, Maui; Tax Map Key: (2) 4-6-002: Seaward of 007.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to United Laundry Services, Inc. for Employee Parking and Storage Purposes; Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. 7831; Sand Island, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-2-021: portion of 045.
- Report and Recommendations from the Department of Land and Natural Resources Revocable Permits Task Force.
J. BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit (RP) to Atlantis Adventures, LLC, DBA(s) Atlantis Submarines, Hawaiian Ocean Tours, Inc., and Bill Busters Charters, Inc., to Operate Boat Tours and Other Maritime Related Activities at the Honokohau Small Boat Harbor, Island of Hawaiʻi, Hawaiʻi Tax Map Key: (3) 7-4-008-003.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit (RP) to Lana’i Resorts, LLC, dba Pūlama Lana’i at the Manele Small Boat Harbor, Lana’i City, Island of Lana’i, Tax Map Key (2) 4-9-17:06.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit (RP) to Coon Brothers Inc., a Hawai‛i Corporation, dba Trilogy Corporation for a loading dock, Mānele Small Boat Harbor (MSBH), Mānele, County of Maui, Island of Lana‛i, Tax Map Key (2) 4-9-17:06.
- Approval of Award of Construction Contract and Declare Project Exempt From Preparation of Environmental Assessment Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS, and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules for Job No. 500BK54J, Stream Mouth Maintenance at Various Locations, Kauai, Hawaiʻi.
- Appointment of Taylor Kellerman to Serve as a Director of the West Oʻahu Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Direct Issuance of a Parking Concession, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Temporary Wireless Communications Site, Cellco Partnership dba Verizon Wireless, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft, George’s Aviation Services, Inc., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 20.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Hawaiʻi Aircraft Leasing LLC, Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 23.
- Amendment No. 23 to Airport-Airline Lease No. DOT-A-62-0017 for the Purpose of Deleting Space and Adding space for the Operation of an Airline Lounge, Qantas Airways, Ltd., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 050 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Parking Area to Support Cargo Operations, United Parcel Service Co., Honolulu International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-72: 50.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, The Right Flight Services LLC, Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 32.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Space in the Main Terminal for Airline Operations, Delta Air Lines, Inc., Kona International Airport at Keāhole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43: Portion of 40.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Storage of Rental Car Vehicles, Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC dba Avis Rent A Car System, LLC, Līhuʻe Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-01: Portion of 8.
- Request Approval to Execute a Covenant of Purpose, Use and Ownership with the United States Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration (EDA) for the Construction of a Business Recovery Management Agency (HI-EMA) Building B303, located at the Diamond Head State Monument, Tax Map Key (1) 3-1-042-006.
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings/
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS (i.e. large print materials, sign language interpreters) AT THE BLNR MEETING, ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.