Land Board Submittals – 08/10/18
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, AUGUST 10, 2018
TIME: 9:15 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
1. Request for Approval for the May 11, 2018 Meeting Minutes.
2. Request for Approval for the May 25, 2018 Meeting Minutes.
D. LAND DIVISION
1. Consent to Mortgage with Estoppel Certificate, General Lease No. S-5844, WHR LLC, Lessee; Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawai‘i, Tax Map Keys: 3rd/ 2-1-01:12 and 2-1-05:13, 16, 17, 27, 32, and 46.
2. Consent to Lease of Lands under Governor’s Executive Order No. 4533 to Fisher Hawaii Inc., Kaka‘ako, Honolulu, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-051:041.
3. Quitclaim of State’s Interests, if Any, over Portion of Kapahulu Avenue to the City and County of Honolulu, Honolulu, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-6-027: Road.
4. Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display on September 9, 2018 at the beach fronting Kahala Hotel, Wai‘alae, Honolulu, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-5-023:041.
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
1. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Education Permit to Ms. Katherine Raisz, Richard Lewis Media Group for Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Filming and Photography Activities.
2. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Timothy Grabrowski, University of Hawai’i, Hilo for Access to State Waters to Conduct the lethal removal of Blue Striped Snapper for Age Growth Studies
J. DIVISION OF BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
1. Authorize the Approval for a Rental Reopening Commencing Retroactively on April 1, 2017 and ending March 31, 2027; for General Lease H-92-12, The Molokai Ice House, Incorporated situated at Kaunakakai harbor, Island of Molokaʻi, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (2) 5-3-001:011.
2. Termination of Revocable Permit (RP) No. 5, dated August 30, 2016, to GKM, Inc. (Permittee) for a Boat/Trailer Storage Facility and Employee Parking; Located at Honokōhau Small Boat Harbor, Kealakehe, North Kona, Island of Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-4-008:(Por.)003.
3. Consent to Sublease Harbor Lease No. H-82-4, GKM, Inc., to Sidney W. Knight DBA Knight Machine Shop, a Hawaiʻi Sole Proprietorship, Honokōhau Small Boat Harbor, Kailua-Kona, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-4-008:042 (Por.).
4. Amend a Prior Board Action for the Issuance for a Revocable Permit to John’s World Famous Hawaii Hot Dogs LLC for a Mobile Food Concession, located at the Ala Wai Small Boat Harbor, Honolulu, O‘ahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037:012 (por) to correct legal name of applicant and location of operation.
1. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Office Space in the Main Terminal for Airline Operations, All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 043 (Portion).
2. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Personal Aircraft to Matthew Ryan Henline, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-076: Portion of 21.
3. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Space for the Purpose of Airline Parts/Equipment Storage, Southwest Airlines Co., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 065 (Portion).
4. Amendment to Prior Board Action of June 8, 2018, Item M-2, Request Amendment to Area, Issuance of a Revocable Permit, State of Hawai‘i, Department of Agriculture, Animal Quarantine Branch, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 066 (Portion).
5. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Passenger Check-In, Customer Service and Ramp Offices to United Airlines, Inc., Diamond Head Domestic Extension, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 042 (Portion).
6. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for the Installation and Operation of Two Automated Teller Machines to Lava ATMs LLC, Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keāhole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043: Portion of 040.
7. Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to the County of Kaua‘i for Gate and Boulder Installation on Encumbered Government Lands at Port Allen Airport, Tax Map Keys: (4) 1-8-008: Portion of 004 and (4) 1-8-008: 076.
8. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Air Cargo Operations in the Cargo Building, Adjacent Ramp Areas, and Vehicle Parking Stalls, Trans Executive Airlines of Hawaii, Inc., Līhu‘e Airport Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001: Portion of 008.
Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 9:00 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
Public Testimony: email: [email protected]
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the Board Meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website: https://www.dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES (e.g., sign language interpreter, wheel chair accessibility, or parking designated for the disabled) AT THE BLNR MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT STAFF AT LEAST 72-HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT (808) 587-0400 SO THAT ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.