Land Board Submittals – 05/10/19
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, MAY 10, 2019
TIME: 9:15 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
– Item D-5 is withdrawn, 5/3/19
– Item M-7 is withdrawn, 5/9/19
- Approval of Meeting Minutes for January 25, 2019.
- Approval of Meeting Minutes for February 8, 2019
D. LAND DIVISION
- Amend Prior Board Action of January 12, 2018, Item D-7, Resubmittal: Determination of Rent upon Reopening for Milolii-Hoopuloa Residential Leases, Phase III, Consisting of Five (5) General Leases for Residential Purposes at Milolii and Hoopuloa, South Kona, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Keys: (3) 8-9-014: 050, 053, 056, and 060-061.
The Purpose of the Amendment is to correct the general lease numbers referred therein to General Lease Nos.: S-5226, S-5227, S-5230, S-5235, and S-5236.
- Second Amendment to Prior Board action of September 28, 2018, Agenda Item D-3, Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 3586 and Reset Aside to Hawaii Housing Finance and Development Corporation (“HHFDC”); Issuance of Management Right-of-Entry to HHFDC for the Development of a Mixed-Use Project Consisting of Multi-Family Affordable Rental Housing, Office Space/Civic Center, Parking, New Maui Bus Hub and Other Incidental Uses Purposes; Kahului, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-7-004:003.
The purpose of the second amendment is to consent to HHFDC’s issuance of the following Right-of-Entry (“ROE”) permits after Executive Order No. 3586 is cancelled and the land is reset aside to HHFDC: (i) ROE permit to the Department of Education for existing operations of Adult Education and Lawnmower operations, and (ii) ROE permit to Group 70 International, Inc. for Site Investigation, Surveying, Master Planning, Environmental Review, and Special Management Area Assessment purposes for the Kahului Civic Center Mixed-Use project.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry to TS Aloha, Inc. for the Kimo’s Mala Longboard Surf Contest at Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-5-004: seaward of 012.
- INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK
Set-Aside to Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation (DOBOR) for Small Boat Harbor Purposes; Issuance of Management Right-of-Entry Permit; Transfer of Revocable Permit No. S-5407; Kaneohe, Koolaupoko, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-4-022: seaward of 032. (Withdrawn 5/3/19)
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Approval to Enter into a Special Trust Funded Contract for Goods and Services based upon Competitive Sealed Bids, not to Exceed $949,399.00, between the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) and Williams Scotsman, Inc. (DBA Hawaii Modular Space), to Provide Services to Deliver and Install a Portable Modular Office Complex for the Anuenue Fisheries Research Center; After Considering the Potential Effects of the Proposed Project as provided by Chapter 343, HRS, and Chapter 11-200, HAR, declare that this Project will likely have Minimal or No Significant Effect on the Environment and is therefore Exempt from the Preparation of an Environmental Assessment.
J. DIVISION OF BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Honolulu Transpac, Ltd., for temporary support areas and Mooring Sites, for the 2019 Transpacific Yacht Race from Los Angeles, California to Honolulu, Hawaiʻi, situated at the Ala Wai Small Boat Harbor, Tax Map Key: (1)2-3-037:012 (Portion);
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Orca Societá Responsibilitá Limitata, for Purposes of Storing the Vessel “Maserati”, situated at Ala Wai Small Boat Harbor, Honolulu, Island of Oahu, Hawaiʻi, Identified by Tax Map Key: (1) 2-6-010:003, 005 and 016 (Portion);
Declare Project Exempt from Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Passenger Ticketing Kiosks, Japan Airlines Co., Ltd., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 057 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Direct Lease for an Airline Lounge, Korean Air Lines Co., Ltd., Central Concourse, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 050 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft, Alan R. Wehmer, Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 32.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft, Barbers Point Flight School, LLC, Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 32.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft, Clarence K. and Corrine Kanae, Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 32.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for A T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft, Larry Jefts, Kalaeloa Airport , Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 32.
Issuance of a Revocable Permit to The Airlines Committee of Hawaii for the Operation and Maintenance of the Baggage System at Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keāhole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43: Portion of 40.(Withdrawn 5/9/19)
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Vehicle Parking Stalls to Support Package Delivery Operations, Fedex Ground Package System, Inc., Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keāhole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43: Portion of 40.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for the Storage and Parking of Ground Service Equipment, United Parcel Service, Inc., Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keāhole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43: Portion of 40.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Ramp Space for the Parking of Ground Service Equipment for Use in Air Cargo Operations, Aeko Kula, LLC, Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12: Portion of 90.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Ticket Counter in the Main Terminal to Accommodate a Helicopter Tour Operation, K & S Helicopters, Inc., Waimea-Kohala Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-7-001: Portion of 08.
- Amend Prior Board Action of March 10, 2017, Agenda Item M-11, Cancellation of Governor Executive Order Nos. 1451, 1880, 1950, 2600, 2602, 2705, 2928, 3259 and 3500 and Reset Aside to State of Hawaiʻi, Department of Transportation, Airports Division for Līhuʻe Airport Purposes, Līhuʻe, Hawaiʻi.
The purpose of the Amendment is to: 1) Include Cancellation of Governor Executive Orders (GEOS) in the Recommendation Section, which information was inadvertently omitted, 2) Delete language referring to a Federal Aviation Administration Covenant, and 3) Provide clarification on jurisdiction of Airport Roads.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to University of Hawai‘i Sea Grant College Program for Hydrological Investigation on Encumbered Government Lands at Port Allen Airport, Tax Map Key Nos: (4) 1-8-008: Portion of 004, 072 and 076.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit for the Department of Customer Services, City and County of Honolulu to replace existing Revocable Permit H-14-2758, situated at Pier 60, Honolulu Harbor, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-2-23:40 and 70 (Portions). Governors Executive Order No. 3708.
- Acquisition of (1) Lands and Restrictions of Access to the Department of Transportation, Highways Division, for Highway Purposes, relating to North South Road, Federal Aid Project No. STP-8930(3), at Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key Nos: (1) 9-1-16:183, Portion of 142, 179, 220, 222, 223; (1) 9-1-17: Portion of 101, 111,112,138; (1) 9-1-18: 011, 013, Portions between (1) 9-1-17 and 18; (1) 9-2-2:009, Portion of 007; (1) 9-1-151: Portion of 001, 002; (1) 9-1-152: Portion 127, 129, 134 ,135, 138, 139, 142, 143, 149, 150,159-161; and (1) 9-1-153:Portion of 001-013:194;
(2) Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to the Department of Transportation, Highways Division, for Highway purposes relating to North South Road, Federal Aid Project. STP-8930(3) at Honouliuli, Ewa, Oahu, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key No.: (1) 9-2-2: Portion of 007.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 9:00 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
Public Testimony: email: [email protected]
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the Board Meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website: https://www.dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES (e.g., sign language interpreter, wheel chair accessibility, or parking designated for the disabled) AT THE BLNR MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT STAFF AT LEAST 72-HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT (808) 587-0400 SO THAT ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.