Land Board Submittals – 06/14/19
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, JUNE 14, 2019
TIME: 9:15 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Set Aside to the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Land Division for the Relocation of the Hawaii District Land Office and Issuance of an Immediate Right-of-Entry, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-2-032:011.
- Intentionally Left Blank
- Grant of up to 65-Year Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Ag-Eco Properties, LLC for Access and Utility Purposes, Kaakepa, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-8-011:003.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to MC&A, Inc. for Beach Activities for Lexus Automobile Company at North Kihei, Wailuku, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-013: seaward of 011.
- Amending the Public Purposes of Governor’s Executive Order No. 4513 to “Set Aside for Affordable Housing for Homeless Families, Including Any Revenue Generating Activities Assisting the Management of the Housing Project Purposes”; Consent to Sublease of Lands between Kahauiki Village Development LLC and Blow Up, LLC; Moanalua, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003:003, 204 to 207, 211 and 212.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives & Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display at Duke Kahanamoku Beach Every Friday From June 21, 2019 to June 12, 2020, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037: portion of 021.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to Hawaii Explosives and Pyrotechnics, Inc. for Aerial Fireworks Display on July 20, 2019 at the grass area fronting Kahala Hotel, Waialae, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-5-023:041.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit, after-the-fact to MC&A Inc. for Beach Volleyball Event for Chick-Fil-A Company at DT Flemings Beach, Honolua, Lahaina, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-2-004: seaward of 015.
- Quitclaim of State’s Interests, if any, to the Hawaii Community Development Authority, Kakaako, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-060:029 and 030, and portions of Ahui Street and Olomehani Street.
E. DIVISION OF STATE PARKS
- Request the Continuation of a Right-of-Entry and Revocable Permit to Honolulu Seawater Air Conditioning, LLC, for Roadway Access and for Construction and Staging Area Purposes, Sand Island, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-041:006 (Portion).
- Request for a Revocable Permit to Hawai’i Island Art Alliance for Park and Recreational Purposes, with the Wailoa Center at the Wailoa River State Recreation Area, Hilo, Hawai’i, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-2-013:003. [Testimony]
J. DIVISION OF BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Request for Approval and Adoption of Amendments to Title 13, Hawaii Administrative Rules (HAR), Chapters 13-234, Small Boat and State Boating Facility Fees and Charges, and 13-253, Catamaran Registration Certificate, other Registration, and Commercial Use Permit fees.
The proposed rules can be reviewed in person at a Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation (DOBOR) District Office from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except state Holidays as follows: Hawai‘i District: Honokōhau Small Boat Harbor 74-380 Kealakehe Parkway Kailua-Kona, HI 96740; Kaua‘i District: Nawiliwili Small Boat Harbor 2494 Niumalu Road Līhu‘e, HI 96766; Maui District: Ma‘alaea Small Boat Harbor 101 Ma‘alaea Boat Harbor Road Wailuku, HI 96793; O‘ahu District: Ke‘ehi Small Boat Harbor 4 Sand Island Access Road Honolulu, HI 96819. [Testimony]
The proposed rules can be reviewed online at: http://ltgov.hawaii.gov/the-office/administrative-rules
The proposed rules can also be viewed online at: https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dobor/draft-rules. Location and contact information for DOBOR offices is available online at: https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dobor/contact
- Approve Issuance of Long-Term Right of Entry Permit to Kauai Island Utility Cooperative for Electrical Service for Job No. B94DK71A Port Allen Small Boat Harbor Floating Dock Improvements, Eleele, Island of Kauai, Hawaii, Tax Map Key (4) 2-1-003:010 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Equipment Storage, Hawaiian Airlines, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Storage of Ground Service Equipment for Airline Operations, Southwest Airlines Co., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 001 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft, Diamond Head Aviation, LLC, Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 32.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for Storage and maintenance of Aircraft, Tham Lam, Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-13: Portion of 32.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for an Equipment Storage Shed, Japan Airlines Co., Ltd., Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keāhole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43: Portion of 40.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Preferred Hold Room at Gates 6 and 7 of the Main Terminal, Hawaiian Airlines, Inc., Hilo International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-12: Portion of 90.
- Issuance of a revocable Permit for Office Space in Car Rental Building No. 307, AvAirPros Services, Inc., Līhuʻe Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-01: Portion of 8.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Pacific Environmental Corporation to replace existing Revocable Permit No. H-96-1898, situated at Pier 4. Kalaeloa Barbers Point Harbor, Oahu, Tax Map Key No.: (1) 9-1-014:024 (Portion), Governor’s Executive Order No. 3383.
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to Pacific Environmental Corporation to replace existing Revocable Permit No. H-98-2055, situated at Pier 33, Honolulu Harbor, Oahu, Tax Map Key No.: (1) 1-5-035:009 (Portion), Governor’s Executive Order No. 2903.
- Amend prior Board action of April 13, 2018, Agenda Item M-9, for Correction to previously Approved Issuance of a Lease by Negotiation to TOELL U.S.A. CORPORATION, at Piers 24 and 25, Honolulu Harbor, Oahu, to Add Tax Map Key No.: (1) 1-5-038-011 (Portion) with (1) 1-5-038:004 (Portion), 005 (Portion), 055, 058. [Testimony]
- Issuance of Revocable Permit to MCCABE, HAMILTON & RENNY CO., LTD., for Clerk Offices, situated at Pier 5, Kalaeloa Barber’s Point Harbor, Oahu, Tax Map Key No.: (1) 9-1-014:024 (Portion), Governor’s Executive Order No. 3383.
The Board may go into executive session closed to the public pursuant to Section 92-4 and 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, to consult with the Board’s attorneys on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 9:00 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
Public Testimony: email: [email protected]
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the Board Meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website: http://www.dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES (e.g., sign language interpreter, wheel chair accessibility, or parking designated for the disabled) AT THE BLNR MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT STAFF AT LEAST 72-HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT (808) 587-0400 SO THAT ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.