Land Board Submittals – 07/12/19
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, JULY 12, 2019
TIME: 9:15 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
1. Approval of meeting minutes for April 26, 2019 for Approval.
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
1. Request Approval for Selection of the Competitive Sealed Proposal Process and Authorize the Chairperson to Award, Execute, and Extend Contracts for the Implementation of Watershed Management Plans and Projects that Support Native Ecosystem Protection and Management for Fiscal Years 2020-2021.
D. LAND DIVISION
3. Authorize the Department of Land and Natural Resources, Land Division, to Negotiate a Development Agreement for a 30-Year Extension of Lease Term of General Lease No. S-3621, Crescent City Properties, Inc., Lessee, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-2-049:006.
4. Set-aside to County of Hawaii, for Affordable Housing Purposes and Issuance of Immediate Management Right-of-Entry to County of Hawaii, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-4-024:157. [Testimony]
E. STATE PARKS
1. Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to AECOM Technical Services, Inc. for Topo-graphic Survey for the Sand Island Wastewater Treatment Project City and County of Honolulu at Sand Island, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-041:351 and (1) 1-5-041:006 Portion.
F. DIVISION OF AQUATICS RESOURCE
1. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to Commanding Officer Benjamin K. Evans, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Ship RAINIER, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Shipboard Support Activities.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
1. Denial of Request to Waive the Timeliness of an Oral Request for a Contested Case Hearing Regarding an Unauthorized Seawall at Kaneohe, Island of Oahu, Seaward of Tax Map Key: 4-6-001:007, Charles T.Y. Wong Trust – Docket No. ENF – OA 19-01. [Testimony]
5. Request the Acquisition of Lands and Temporary Construction Right-of- Entries, to the Department of Transportation, Highways Division, for the replacement of Makaha Bridge No. 3 and Makaha Bridge No. 3a, Federal Aid Project No. BR-093-1(20), situated at Makaha, Waianae, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key Nos.: (1) 8-4-001: Portion of 012; (1) 8-4-002: Portions of 045 and 047; (1) 8-4-008: Portion of 020 and (1) 8-4-018: Portion of 014.
The Board may go into executive session closed to the public pursuant to Section 92-4 and 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, to consult with the Board’s attorneys on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 9:00 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
Public Testimony: email: [email protected]
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the Board Meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website: https://www.dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES (e.g., sign language interpreter, wheel chair accessibility, or parking designated for the disabled) AT THE BLNR MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT STAFF AT LEAST 72-HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT (808) 587-0400 SO THAT ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.