Land Board Submittals – 10/09/20
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, October 09, 2020
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting at:
Considering the evolving COVID-19 situation, protecting the health and welfare of the community is of utmost concern. As such, the meeting will be held remotely, with board members, staff and applicants participating via online meeting venue.
The meeting will be livestreamed at:
Interested persons can submit written testimony in advance of each meeting that will be distributed to Board Members prior to the meeting. Written testimony must be submitted no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting to ensure time for Board Members to review it. Late written testimony will be retained as part of the record, but we cannot assure Board Members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making. Submit written testimony to [email protected]ov.
To provide live oral/video testimony during the online meeting, email your request to [email protected] at least 24 hours in advance, with your name, phone number, email address, computer identification name (check your device settings), and the agenda item on which you would like to testify. Once your request has been received, you will receive an email with the Zoom link via which to testify. You will need a computer with internet access, video camera and microphone to participate. If you require access by phone only, please indicate that in your email request. Testimony will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes per person per agenda item.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
Individuals requiring special assistance or auxiliary aids or services (i.e., sign language interpreter), please contact staff at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at 808.587.0404 so that arrangements can be made.
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
- Request to designate existing forestry trails as a Nā Ala Hele “program trails” within the Hawai‘i Island Nā Ala Hele trail and access program inventory.
Tax Map Key
A) Kūlanihāko‘i Mountain Bike Park
Waiākea, S. Hilo (Waiākea Forest Reserve)
B) Pu‘uwa‘awa‘a Cone Trail
Pu‘uwa‘awa‘a, N. Kona (Pu‘uwa‘awa‘a Forest Reserve)
C) ‘Ōhi‘a Trail
Pu‘uwa‘awa‘a, N. Kona (Pu‘uwa‘awa‘a Forest Reserve)
D) Makāula-‘O‘oma Trails
Makāula, ‘O‘oma, Kalaoa, Kohanaiki,
(Honua‘ula Forest Reserve)
E) Palila Forest Discovery Trail
(Ka‘ohe Game Management Area)
- Informational only. Submission of Annual Report of activities, conducted by Hika’alani at the reinternment site at Waiʻauia, Kailua, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-2-016:002. (NON-ACTION ITEM)
D. LAND DIVISION
- Withdrawal of 0.75 Acre from General Lease No. S-6065, Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii Authority, Lessee; Set Aside 0.75 Acre to County of Hawaii, Department of Public Works, for Roadway Purposes, Kapoho, Puna, Island of Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 1-4-001:082 por.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-4662, Southern Foods Group, LLC dba Meadow Gold Dairies-Hawaii (formerly known as Southern Foods Group, L.P.), Assignor, to MGD Acquisition, LLC and ARS Holding, LLC, Assignees, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawai’i, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-1-012:025.
- Annual Renewal of Revocable Permits for the County of Maui, See Exhibit 2 for list of Revocable Permits. [Testimony]
- RESUBMITTAL: Enforcement of Sanitation Violation under Unencumbered Public Lands Rules, Hawaii Administrative Rules Chapter 13-221, and Section 171-6, Hawaii Revised Statutes, by The Trash Man, LLC, on State Lands at Mapunapuna, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-064:006. [Testimony]
E. STATE PARKS
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Republic Parking for a Reservation System for Parking and Entry Management at Wai’ānapanapa State Park, Honokalani, Wakiu and Kawaipapa, Hana, Maui, Hawai’i, Tax Map Key: (2) 1-3-005:009 And (2) 1-3-006:009 (Por.)
Request Approval of Declaration of Exemption from Chapter 343, Hawai’i Revised Statutes, Environmental Compliance Requirements for this Revocable Permit.
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Ms. Jennifer Lynch, Co-Director, Center for Marine Debris Research (CMDR), Hawaii Pacific University (HPU) for Access to State Waters to Conduct Marine Debris Research Activities
J. DIVISION OF BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- After-The-Fact Consent to Sublease under Harbor Lease No H-83-2, Kona Marine Holdings, LLC, Lessee, to Kiholo, Inc., Sublessee, Kealakehe, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-4-008:040.
- After-The-Fact Consent to Sublease under Harbor Lease No H-83-2, Kona Marine Holdings, LLC, Lessee, to Reel Action LLC, Sublessee, Kealakehe, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-4-008:040.
- After-the-Fact Consent to Sublease Under Harbor Lease No. H-82-4, GKM, Inc., Lessee, to Sidney Wayne Knight dba Knight Machine Shop, Sublessee, Kealakehe, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-4-008:042.
- After-the-Fact Consent to Sublease Under Harbor Lease No. H-82-4, GKM, Inc., Lessee, to Csige Tackle LLC, Sublessee, Kealakehe, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-4-008:042.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
- Conservation District Use Application (CDUA) OA-3859 for Robert Garrett Representing Kamahele Farms LLC’s Single-Family Residence, Agricultural Use/Farm with Associated Farm/Utility Shed, Landscaping and Associated Improvements at Government Beach Road, Makuu, Puna, Hawaii Tax Map Key: (3) 1-5-010:009
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft, George Hanzawa, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Max Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 20.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Three Aircraft Parking, Raymond Stockton, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 23.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Ramp Space for Office Containers, Hawaiian Airlines, Inc., Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43: Portion of 40.
- Consent to Revocable Permit between the Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism and Eye Productions Inc. over Portions of Lands under Governor’s Executive Order No. 4097, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key (1) 3-1- 042: Portion of 009.
- Request Authorization to Acquire Land for the Department of Transportation, Highways Division, for Highway Purposes, relating to Farrington Highway Widening, Kapolei Golf Course to Fort Weaver Road, Project No. 7101A-01-20, Honouliuli, Ewa, Island of Oahu, State of Hawaii, Tax Map Key Nos.
(1) 9-1-016: Portion 004, (1) 9-1-016: Portion 007, (1) 9-1-016: Portion 008,
(1) 9-1-016: Portion 179, (1) 9-1-016: Portion 182, (1) 9-1-016: Portion 183,
(1) 9-1-016: Portion 220, (1) 9-1-016: Portion 221, (1) 9-1-017: Portion 043,
(1) 9-1-017: Portion 070, (1) 9-1-017: Portion 097, (1) 9-1-017: Portion 099,
(1) 9-1-017: Portion 172, (1) 9-1-018: Portion 006, (1) 9-1-018: Portion 008,
(1) 9-1-018: Portion 009, (1) 9-1-018: Portion 010, (1) 9-1-018: Portion 012,
(1) 9-1-018: Portion 013, (1) 9-1-018: Portion 014, (1) 9-1-018: Portion 015,
(1) 9-1-018: Portion 016, (1) 9-1-018: Portion 018, (1) 9-1-181: Portion 006,
(1) 9-1-181: Portion 022, and (1) 9-1-181: Portion 034.
Link to EA & FONSI
- Authorizing the Department of Transportation, Highways Division (DOT) to approve Revocable Permit HY-20-155 (RP) at Liliha Street, Federal Aid Project No. U-097-1(1), Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key (TMK): (1) 1-7-023:024.