Land Board Submittals – 03/25/21
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: THURSDAY, March 25, 2021
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
LOCATION: Online via ZOOM, Livestream via YouTube
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting at:
Considering the evolving COVID-19 situation, protecting the health and welfare of the community is of utmost concern. As such, the meeting will be held remotely, with board members, staff and applicants participating via online meeting venue.
The meeting will be livestreamed at:
Interested persons can submit written testimony in advance of each meeting that will be distributed to Board Members prior to the meeting. Written testimony must be submitted no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting to ensure time for Board Members to review it. Late written testimony will be retained as part of the record, but we cannot assure Board Members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making. Submit written testimony to [email protected].
To provide live oral/video testimony during the online meeting, email your request to [email protected] at least 24 hours in advance, with your name, phone number, email address, computer identification name (check your device settings), and the agenda item on which you would like to testify. Once your request has been received, you will receive an email with the Zoom link via which to testify. You will need a computer with internet access, video camera and microphone to participate. If you require access by phone only, please indicate that in your email request. Testimony will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes per person per agenda item.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
Individuals requiring special assistance or auxiliary aids or services (i.e., sign language interpreter), please contact staff at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at 808.587.0404 so that arrangements can be made.
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
- M-1 – Withdrawn (3/23/21)
1. Approval of the January 22, 2021 Land Board Meeting Minutes.
2. Approval of the February 12, 2021 Land Board Meeting Minutes.
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
1. Authorize the Division of Forestry and Wildlife to conduct a Public Hearing regarding the proposed addition of Tax Map Keys (3) 2-4-008:004 & 017 comprising approximately 216.837 acres, to Upper Waiakea Forest Reserve, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawai‘i.
2. Request Approval for selection of the Competitive Sealed Proposal process and Authorize the Chairperson to award, execute, and extend contracts for the implementation of watershed management plans and projects that support native ecosystem protection and management for fiscal years 2022-2023.
D. LAND DIVISION
3. Rescind Prior Board Action of February 14, 2020, Item D-3, After-the-Fact Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to the Association of Unit Owners of Kauai Kailani for Emergency Temporary Shoreline Protection Structure and Beach Nourishment Activities; Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to the Association of Unit Owners of Kauai Kailani for a Sand Groin on Unencumbered State Land, Kapaa, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-3-009:seaward of 041.
Issuance of Revocable Permit to the Association of Unit Owners of Kauai Kailani for Emergency Temporary Shoreline Protection Structure, Beach Nourishment Activities and Installation of Sandbag Groin on State Submerged Land; Ratify and Approve Continuation of Right-of-Entry Permit dated February 24, 2020 for Emergency Temporary Shoreline Protection Structure and Beach Nourishment Activities until Replacement Revocable Permit is Issued; Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to the Association of Unit Owners of Kauai Kailani for Sandbag Groin on State Submerged Land, Kapaa, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-3-009:seaward of 041.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
1. Appointment and Selection of a Hearing Officer to Conduct Contested Case Hearing OA 21-04 and Withdrawal of January 22, 2021 Land Board Decision Regarding Conservation District Enforcement Case OA 20-37 for the Construction of an Alleged Unauthorized Rock Revetment by Zdenek “Don” Prchal Located at 53-227 Kamehameha Highway, Punalu’u, Ko’olauloa, O’ahu; Tax Map Key: (1) 5-3-002:034 (seaward).
2. Appointment and Selection of a Hearing Officer to Conduct Contested Case Hearing MO 21-5 and Withdrawal of January 22, 2021 Land Board Decision Regarding Conservation District Enforcement Case MO 20-32 for the Construction of an Alleged Unauthorized Seawall by George & Susan Peabody Located at 10254 Kamehameha V Highway, Waialua, Kaunakakai, Moloka’i; Tax Map Key: (2) 5-7-001:001 (seaward).
3. Appointment and Selection of a Hearing Officer to Conduct Contested Case Hearing OA 21-3 and Withdrawal of January 22, 2021 Land Board Decision Regarding Conservation District Enforcement Case OA 21-03 for the Construction of an Alleged Unauthorized Seawall by Seamaids, LLC and Liam & Brandee McNamara Located at 59-175C Ke Nui Road, Paumalū , O’ahu; Tax Map Key: (1) 5-9-002:026 (seaward).
2. Request Authorization For The Chairperson To Enter Into A Right Of Entry Agreement With The City And County Of Honolulu, Department Of Environmental Services For Job No. F70C616E, Sand Island State Recreation Area, Phase 2 Sewer Improvements Project, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-041:022.
Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Commercial Use of a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft used for a Commercial Photography Business, Chopper Doctor, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 21. [Widthdrawn]
5. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Commercial Use of a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft and an Office to support Commercial Helicopter Tour Operations, Hawaii Pacific Aviation Inc., Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43: Portion of 003.
7. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Commercial Use of a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft, Skycraft Air Maintenance, Ltd., Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43: Portion of 03.
11. Issuance of a Month-to-Month Revocable Permit to PAR Hawaii Refining, LLC, for a Non-Exclusive Subsurface Easement for the Distribution of Petroleum Fuel, situated at Pier 1, Kahului Harbor, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-7-010: Portion of 28, Governor’s Executive Order No. 2986.
12. Issuance of a Month-To-Month Permit and Lease for Submerged Lands Honolulu Harbor, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-038: Portion of 78; and Lease to Atlantis Submarines Hawaii, LLC. of Fast Lands and Submerged Lands at Pier 27, Honolulu Harbor, Oahu, Tax Map Key : (1) 1-5-038: Portion of 78.