Land Board Submittals – 01/11/19
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, JANUARY 11, 2019
TIME: 9:15 A.M.
PLACE: KALANIMOKU BUILDING
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1151 PUNCHBOWL STREET
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made orally by the end of the meeting and followed up in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
D. LAND DIVISION
- Amend Grant of Perpetual Non-Exclusive Easements under Land Office Deed (LOD) Nos. S-29,068, S-29,086 and S-29,088, State of Hawaii, Board of Land and Natural Resources, Grantor, to 1250 Oceanside, LLC, Grantee, for Roadway and Utility Purposes, North Kona, Island of Hawaiʻi, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Keys (TMK): (3) 7-9-012:011 (portion); 8-1-004:065 and 079 (portions) [Testimony]
The purpose of the amendments is to relocate five easements for roadway and utility purposes as follows: (i) one easement under LOD No. S-29,068 from TMK: (3) 7-9-012:011 por. to TMK: (3) 8-1-004:079 por.; (ii) two easements under LOD No. S-29,086 to other portions of TMK: (3) 8-1-004:079; and (iii) two easements under LOD No. S-29,088 from TMK: (3) 8-1-004:065 pors. to TMK: (3) 8-1-004:079 pors.
- Amend Prior Board action of September 28, 2018, Agenda Item D-3, Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 3586 and Reset Aside to Hawaii Housing Finance and Development Corporation (“HHFDC”); Issuance of Management Right-of-Entry to HHFDC for the Development of a Mixed-Use Project Consisting of Multi-Family Affordable Rental Housing, Office Space/Civic Center, Parking, New Maui Bus Hub and Other Incidental Uses Purposes; Kahului, Maui, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-7-004:003.
The purposes of the amendment are to: (i) consent after the fact to the Department of Accounting and General Services’ (“DAGS”) issuance of a Right-of-Entry (“ROE”) permit to the County of Maui (“County”) for site investigation and planning purposes as the land is currently set aside to DAGS under Executive Order (“EO”) No. 3586, and (ii) consent to HHFDC’s issuance of a ROE permit to the County for site investigation and planning purposes, after EO No. 3586 is cancelled and the land is reset aside to HHFDC. [Testimony]
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry Permit to Waikiki Roughwater Swim Committee, Inc. for a Swim Race Event to be held on September 2, 2019, at Waikiki, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-3-037: portion of 021.
- Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 3953 issued to the Department of Transportation and Re-set Aside to Department of Transportation Harbors Division for Harbors Related Purposes; Iwilei, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-035:010.
- Waive Restrictive Covenant Prohibiting Fence, Screen, Hedge, or Wall Within Building Set-Back, Lot 41, Fort Ruger Lots, Kapahulu, Honolulu, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-1-044:012.
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5380, Elizabeth L. Lee and Thomas G. Aki, Assignors, to Thomas G. Aki, Assignee, Waimanalo, Koʻolaupoko, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-1-009:266.
- Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Kaneohe Yacht Club for Piers, Boat Ramp, Floating Dock, and Wooden Catwalk Purposes; Termination of Revocable Permit No. S-5407; Kaneohe, Koʻolaupoko, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-4-022: seaward of 032.
- Request to Write-Off Uncollectible Account on the Island of Oʻahu.Wallace K. Lean III, Revocable Permit No. S-7814 Owing $199.71
- Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5373, Estate of Harold Frederick Rice, Jr., also known as Harold F. Rice, Jr., also known as Freddy Rice, Deceased, Assignor, to Gregory J. K. Garcia, Sr., Assignee, Lalamilo, South Kohala, Hawaiʻi,Tax Map Key: (3) 6-9-001:002.
- Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to United States Department of Agriculture, Agriculture Research Service, Pacific Basin Agriculture Research Center, for Removal of Rapid Ohia Death Diseased Trees from StateLands Encumbered by General Lease No. S-5374 to Kapapala Ranch, situate Kapapala, Ka`u, Hawai`i, Tax Map Key: (3) 9-8-001:010 por.
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
- Request to open the following Existing Main Hawaiian Islands Bottomfish Restricted Fishing Areas (BRFA): BRFA C (Poipu, Kauai), BRFA F (Penguin Banks), BRFA J (Hana, Maui) and BRFA L (Leleiwi, Hawaii Island); and Request to delegate to the Chairperson the authority to implement the decision. [Testimony]
- Request for Approval to Enter into a Grant-In-Aid Contract Agreement ($100,000 State Operating Budget) between the Board of Land and Natural Resources (BLNR) and Big Island Resource Conservation and Development Council (BIRC) as fiscal sponsor for The Marine Mammal Center to provide Marine Science Educational Opportunities to Middle-School students and teachers through their Marine Science and Ocean Conservation Program, Na Kokua O Ke Kai.
- Request for approval to enter into a Grant-In-Aid Contract Agreement ($35,000 State Operating Budget) between the Board of Land and Natural Resources (BLNR) and Malama Kua‘Aina for a project to organize and archive over 20,000 coastal photographs of Haena and Wainiha beaches for use by the State Surveyor, Department of Accounting and General Services (DAGS) and Office of Conservation and Coastal Lands (OCCL).
- Request for approval to enter into a Grant-In-Aid Contract Agreement ($100,000 State Operating Budget) between the Board of Land and Natural Resources (BLNR) and Malama Maunalua (MM) to produce an integrated Management Plan providing clear guidance for Conservation and Planning for East Honolulu Watersheds that feed into Maunalua Bay.
J. DIVISION OF BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
- Request to Amend prior Board action of July 13, 2018, (Item J-2). Request to amend the Board’s prior approval to issue a five-year Concession Contract with an Option to renew for one additional five-year term for Operating a Parking Concession situated at Lahaina, Island of Maui, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-6-001:002.The purpose of this amendment is to rescind the Board’s condition which required the Concessionaire have a minimum of seven pay stations located throughout the facility.
Declare project Exempt from Requirements of Chapter 343, HRS and Title 11, Chapter 200, Hawaii Administrative Rules.
- Request for Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Kona RC Flyers, a domestic non-profit, for Radio-Controlled Aircraft and maintenance of the airfield and related structures, located at Honokohau Small Boat Harbor, Kealakehe, North Kona, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-4-008:071 (Por.). Concur that the issuance of a Revocable Permit for this project will probably have minimal or no significant effect on the environment and accept the finding of no significant impact.
- Sale of Lease at Public Auction for Dockside Fuel Sales, Convenience Store, Over-The-Counter Snack Bar, Non-exclusive easement for pipelines for the transmission of petroleum products and sale of ice purposes, He’eia Kea Harbor, He’eia, Koʻolaupoko, Oʻahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 4-6-006: Por. 067 and Pipeline Easement.
Declare that, after considering the potential effects of the proposed project as provided by Chapter 343, HRS, and Chapter 11-200, HAR, this project will probably have minimal or no significant effect on the environment and is therefore exempt from the preparation of an Environmental Assessment.
- Amendment No. 2 to Concession Agreement No. DOT-A-18-0004 for Additional Space for the Management and Operation of the Automobile Parking Facilities, ABM Aviation, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003-001.
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Vehicle Parking, Engineers Surveyors Hawaii, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 066 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Field Office, Hako Plumbing, Inc. dba Hako Construction, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 066 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Training Room and Storage Space, Hallmark Aviation Services L.P., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 058 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Construction Staging Area for Equipment and Materials, NAN, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 021 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Equipment Parking, Swissport USA, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 066 (Portion).
- Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Space in the Commuter Terminal for Airline Operations, Kamaka Air, Inc., Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-01: Portion of 19.
- Issuance of a Right-of-Entry to Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transit (HART) for the transplantation of coconut trees into the landscaped areas within the parking areas at Irwin Memorial Park. Piers 5/6, and the former U.S. Public Health Service Building near Piers 1/2, Honolulu, Harbor, Oahu, Tax Map Key Nos.: (1) 2-1-013:007, (1) 2-1-001:57, (portion), (1) 2-1-015:019 (portion).
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
TO BE PLACED ON THE MOVE UP AGENDA, PLEASE SIGN IN BY 9:00 A.M. THE DAY OF THE MEETING.
Public Testimony: email: [email protected]
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner. To give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the Board Meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website: http://www.dlnr.hawaii.gov/meetings
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES (e.g., sign language interpreter, wheel chair accessibility, or parking designated for the disabled) AT THE BLNR MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT STAFF AT LEAST 72-HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING AT (808) 587-0400 SO THAT ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.