Land Board Submittals – 06/25/21
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, June 25, 2021
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
LOCATION: Online via ZOOM, Livestream via YouTube
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting at:
Considering the evolving COVID-19 situation, protecting the health and welfare of the community is of utmost concern. As such, the meeting will be held remotely, with board members, staff and applicants participating via online meeting venue.
The meeting will be livestreamed at:
Interested persons can submit written testimony in advance of each meeting that will be distributed to Board Members prior to the meeting. Written testimony must be submitted no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting to ensure time for Board Members to review it. Late written testimony will be retained as part of the record, but we cannot assure Board Members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making. Submit written testimony to [email protected].
To provide live oral/video testimony during the online meeting, email your request to [email protected] at least 24 hours in advance, with your name, phone number, email address, computer identification name (check your device settings), and the agenda item on which you would like to testify. Once your request has been received, you will receive an email with the Zoom link via which to testify. You will need a computer with internet access, video camera and microphone to participate. If you require access by phone only, please indicate that in your email request. Testimony will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes per person per agenda item.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
Individuals requiring special assistance or auxiliary aids or services (i.e., sign language interpreter), please contact staff at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at 808.587.0404 so that arrangements can be made.
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
1. Acceptance of Hearing Officer’s report on a Public Hearing for four proposed additions and one proposed withdrawal to the forest reserve system on the Islands of Kauaʻi, Oʻahu, Molokaʻi, Maui, and Hawaiʻi.
Approval and recommendation to the Governor the issuance of an Executive Order to withdraw Tax Map Key: (4) 2-4-009: portion of 003, comprising 2.752 acres more or less, from Līhue-Kōloa forest reserve, Kalaheo, Wahiawa, Kōloa, Kauaʻi.
Approval and recommendation to the Governor the issuance of an Executive Order for addition of Tax Map Key: (1) 6-3-001:002, comprising 3,716.00 acres more or less, to Pūpūkea-Paumalū forest reserve (Waimea section), Waimea, Koʻolauloa, Oʻahu.
Approval and recommendation to the Governor the issuance of an Executive Order for addition of Tax Map Keys: (2) 5-6-005:001, (2) 5-6-006:002, (2) 5-6-007:068 & 070, comprising 733.932 acres more or less, to Molokaʻi forest reserve, Puaʻahala, Molokaʻi.
Approval and recommendation to the Governor the issuance of an Executive Order to set aside Tax Map Keys: (2) 2-3-005:002 & 014, comprising 3,433.7495 acres more or less, as Kamehamenui forest reserve, Kamehamenui, Kula, Makawao, Maui.
Approval and recommendation to the Governor the issuance of an Executive Order for addition of Tax Map Keys: (3) 2-4-008:004 & 017, comprising 216.837 acres more or less, to upper Waiākea forest reserve, Waiākea, South Hilo, Hawaiʻi.
D. LAND DIVISION
1. Issuance of Revocable Permit to Frank and Abigail Santos for Agriculture Purposes and Set Aside to Department of Agriculture for Agriculture Purposes, Portion of Hanapepe, Waimea, Kauai, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-9-007: 046.
E. STATE PARKS
1. Requesting Approval for the Issuance of a Revocable Permit to be Negotiated and Executed by the Chairperson for Management of a Reservation System for the Collection of Parking and Entry Fees, Shuttle Services and Resource Enhancement at Hāʻena State Park, Kauaʻi, Hawai’i, Tax Map Keys: (4) 5-9-001: Portion of 022 and (4) 5-9-008:001.[Testimony]
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
1. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Andrea Kimiko Kealoha, University of Hawaii Maui College, Water Quality Lab, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Research Activities on the Biogeochemical and Oceanographic Processes Associated with the Cryptogenic Alga Chondria tumulosa in the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands.
2. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument Research Permit to Dr. Heather Spalding, College of Charleston, Department of Biology, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Research Activities on the Ecology, Physiology, and Diversity of Benthic Organisms Impacted by the Cryptogenic Alga Chondria tumulosa in the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands. [PIJAC EIS]
3. Determination of Whether the Revised Final Environmental Impact Statement (RFEIS) Complies with Applicable Law and Adequately Discloses the Environmental Impacts of Proposed Issuance of Commercial Aquarium Permits, Commercial Marine Licenses, and West Hawaiʻi Aquarium Permits for the West Hawaiʻi Regional Fishery Management Area, for the Purpose of Accepting the RFEIS.
The RFEIS is available to the public online at:Testimony, Letter, Out of State]
J. DIVISION OF BOATING AND OCEAN RECREATION
1. Sale of Lease at Public Auction for marine business, and other maritime and harbor related light industrial and commercial storage use purposes, Maalaea Small Boat Harbor, Maalaea, Waikapu, Wailuku, Maui Tax Map Keys: (2) 3-6-001:034, Portion of 002;
Declare that after considering the potential effects of the proposed project as provided by Chapter 343, HRS, and Chapter 11-200.1, HAR, this project will probably have minimal or no significant effect on the environment and is therefore exempt from the preparation of an Environmental Assessment.
2. Renewal of Revocable Permits on the Islands of Oahu, Maui, Hawaii, and Kauai, See “Exhibit E” for List of Revocable Permits;Testimony]
1. Request Authorization for the Chairperson to Enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with various Dam Owners for a Cost Sharing Agreement to Install and Maintain Water Level Gage monitoring stations at Dam Facilities statewide.
3. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for In-flight Catering Kitchen to support Signatory Airline Operations, United Airlines, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-0072: 057.
5. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Ticket Counter Space in the Commuter Terminal to perform Airline Carrier Operations, Southern Airways Express, LLC, Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-01: Portion of 217.
6. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Commercial Use of a T-Hangar for storage and maintenance of Aircraft, Michael J. Lauro, Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43: Portion of 003.
8. Amendment No. 2 to Heliport Lease No. DOT-A-14-0009 to Request One Additional Helipad Space for Commercial Helicopter Operations, Island Helicopters Kauai, Inc., Lihue Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001: Portion of 148.
9. Issuance of a Right-of-Entry from the Department of Accounting and General Services to St. Andrew’s Schools for Washington Place Tennis Courts for School Purposes, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (1) 2-1-018: Portion of 001. Governor’s Executive Order No 535.
10. Issuance of Two (2) Month-to-Month Permits to Kirby Offshore Marine Hawaii, LLC, for Storage Area, situated at Pier 21, Honolulu Harbor, Island of Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-5-039: Portion of 007. Governor’s Executive Order No. 2903.