Resources Working Group
Since its inception in 2003, the Hawaiʻi Invasive Species Council (HISC) has disbursed funding to support interagency invasive species projects that:
- Fill gaps between agency mandates or existing agency programs, and/or
- Advance our collective knowledge through research and development of new tools.
Funds are disbursed via an intra-governmental granting process wherein state, county, and federal offices may submit requests for funding and meet to collaboratively draft a recommended budget for HISC review.
Resources Working Group
The HISC Resources Working Group serves as the evaluation committee for the yearly HISC funding process that develops the HISC recommended budget. Members of the Resources Working Group represent the HISC state departments, chairs from the other HISC working groups, and HISC program support staff.
During the funding process, members are ask to evaluate proposals related to their sector or knowledge base (e.g. agriculture, natural resources, tourism, prevention, research, outreach, etc…). All evaluations are compiled into a single spreadsheet for discussion at the Resources Working Group meeting. applicants are encouraged to attend to answer any questions or comments. Members of the Resources Working Group openly discuss applications and propose an award amount for the overall recommended budget.
The HISC Resources Working Group is comprised of members from each of the HISC state departments, chairs from the other HISC working groups, and HISC program support staff. Below is a list of recommended members to the HISC Resources Working Group:
- Justine Nihipali; Department of Business, Economic Development, and Tourism
- Grace Simmons; Department of Health
- Darcy Oishi; Department of Agriculture
- Janis Matsunaga; Department of Agriculture
- Masatomo Murata; Department of Transportation
- Robert Hauff; Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife
- Lizzy Monaghan; Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Aquatic Resources
- Kim Fuller; Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Aquatic Resources
- Mike Melzer; University of Hawaiʻi, College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources
- Christy Martin; UH Pacific Cooperative Studies Unit, Coordinating Group on Alien Pest Species
- HISC Program Support Staff
Duties of the HISC Resources Working Group include evaluation of proposals for HISC funding and developing the HISC recommended budget for Council approval. The HISC Resources Working Group duties could expand beyond the HISC funding process to identify resource shortfalls for invasive species work and secure dedicated and sustained funding mechanisms and sources.
August 10, 2021
August 2, 2019 – Agenda & Notes
August 1, 2018 – Agenda & Notes
September 29, 2017 – Agenda & Notes
March 23, 2017 – Agenda & Notes
August 5, 2016 – Agenda & Notes
April 15, 2016 – Agenda & Notes
November 20, 2015 – Agenda* | *Meeting cancelled due to lack of quorum.
August 12, 2015 – Agenda | Notes
August 27, 2012 Agenda | Minutes
July 30, 2012 Agenda | Minutes
July 29, 2011 Agenda | Minutes
September 8, 2010 Agenda | Minutes
September 17, 2009 Agenda
October 15, 2008 Agenda | Minutes
August 14, 2008: Agenda | Minutes
January 11, 2008: Agenda | Minutes
February 3, 2006: Agenda | Minutes
June 13, 2005: Agenda | Minutes
August 23, 2004: Agenda | Minutes