Land Board Submittals – 3/11/22
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, March 11, 2022
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
LOCATION: Online via ZOOM, Livestream via YouTube
Considering the evolving COVID-19 situation, protecting the health and welfare of the community is of utmost concern. As such, the meeting will be held remotely, with board members, staff, applicants, and testifiers participating via an online meeting venue.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting at:
The meeting will be livestreamed at:
To provide Oral Testimony by Telephone:
Dial: +1 (346) 248 7799
At the prompts, enter: Meeting ID: 839 0979 1405# Passcode: 452021#
Note: To unmute, press *6.
To provide Video Testimony by ZOOM:
Send your request via email to [email protected] and clearly identify the agenda item on which you would like to testify. Once your request has been received, you will receive an email with the Zoom link. Requests may be made during the meeting and will be processed as soon as practicable.
To provide Written Testimony by Mail or E-Mail:
Interested persons can submit written testimony in advance of each meeting that will be distributed to Board Members prior to the meeting. Submit written testimony to [email protected] or via postal mail to the Board of Land and Natural Resources at P.O. Box 621, Honolulu, Hawaii 96809. Written testimony that is received later than 24-hours prior to the meeting will be retained as part of the record and distributed to Board Members as soon as practicable, but we cannot ensure that Board Members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised, Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
Individuals requiring special assistance or auxiliary aids or services (e.g., sign language interpreter), please contact staff at least 72-hours prior to the meeting at 808.587.0404 so that arrangements can be made.
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
1. Request Approval of the January 14, 2022, Board Meeting minutes.
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
1. Request Approval to Authorize the Chairperson to Negotiate, Enter, Amend, Extend, and Terminate an Agreement to Subgrant between the State of Hawaii, Department of Land and Natural Resources, Division of Forestry and Wildlife, and the Nature Conservancy, to acquire lands in Makolelau, Kona District, Molokai, Tax Map Key: (2) 5-5-001:013; (2) 5-5-001:015; (2) 5-5-001:036; (2) 5-5-001:038; (2) 5-5-001:022.
2. Request for Approval to Install an Offshore Mooring Outside of a Designated Offshore Mooring Area. Lehua Island Mooring, Niihau, Hawaii, Island of Kauai.
D. LAND DIVISION
1.Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-7531, Winifred A. Sullivan, Successor Trustee of the Sullivan Family Trust, Permittee; Request for Waiver of Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Requirement; Issuance of a Revocable Permit to Puako View, LLC for Landscaping Purposes, Puako, Lalamilo, South Kohala, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-9-002:006.
2. Amendment of Lease and Consent to Mortgage, General Lease No. S-5548, Hana Health, a Hawai`i nonprofit corporation, formerly known as Hana Community Health Center, Inc., Lessee, Kawaipapa, Hana, Maui, Tax Map Keys: (2) 1-4-003:022 and 024. [Testimony]
E. STATE PARKS
1. Amendment to prior Board Action of February 4, 2022, Item E-1, for Approval of the July 22, 2016, Assignment of General Lease No. SP0131 William Olson, Assignor, to, Assignees, William A. Olson, and Jan N. Olson, Trustees under that certain William A. Olson and Jan N. Olson Trust dated July 22, 2016, for Waimea Canyon State Park, Lot 72, Kokeʻe Camp Site Lots, Waimea (Kona), Kauaʻi, Hawaiʻi, Tax Map Key: (4) 1-4-004:068.
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
1. Time Extension Request for Conservation District Use Permit (CDUP) MA-3779 for the PLANETS Telescope Facility at Haleakala Observatories by the University of Hawaii, Institute of Astronomy, Located at Haleakala High Altitude Observatories Site at Puu Kolekole, Papaanui, Tax Map Key: (2) 2-2-007:008
1. Authorization for the Chairperson to extend the Notice of Deficiency deadlines for Waiakalua Dam (KA-0010) and to make a finding of violations sufficient to support a specified fine on the owners and to order further restriction of reservoir level if extended deadlines are missed. Kilauea, Kauai, Tax Map Keys (4) 5-1-005: 25 CPR 001, 002, 003, 004, 005 and (4) 5-1-005: 26 and (4) 5-1-005: 27 and (4) 5-1-005: 28 CPR 001,002, 003, 004, 005 and (4) 5-1-005: 29 CPR 001, 002, 003, 004 [Testimony]
1. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Office and Storage for the Management Program of Automated External Defibrillators, AED Institute of America, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-004: 021 (Portion).
2. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Honolulu Helicopter Tours, LLC, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-076: Portion of 023.
3. Amendment No. 1 to Revocable Permit No. 9171, Request to Include Additional Areas to the Revocable Permit, Robert’s Tours and Transportation, Inc., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-070:042.
4. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Construction Helicopters, Inc. dba Chi Aviation, Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-013: Portion of 032.
5. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Emmanuel Asejo, Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-013: Portion of 032.
6. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a T-Hangar for Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft, Pacific Pump & Power, Inc., Kalaeloa Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-013: Portion of 032.
7. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for an Airline Flight Kitchen, Flying Food Group, LLC, Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-043: Portion of 003.
8. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Commercial Use of a T-Hangar for Storage of Aircraft and a Maintenance Hangar, Mauna Loa Helicopter Tours LLC, Lihue Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001: Portion of 008.
9. Issuance of a Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement and Management and Construction Right-of-Entry for the Nawiliwili – Ahukini Shared-Use Path Project, County of Kauai, Department of Public Works, Lihue Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001: Portions of 005, 008, 009, 109, 128, 158, 160, 092 and (4) 3-7-002: Portion of 999.
10. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Commercial Use of a T-Hangar for Storage of Aircraft and a Maintenance Hangar, Island Helicopters Kauai, Inc., Lihue Airport, Tax Map Key: (4) 3-5-001: Portion of 08.
11. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Equipment and Material Staging, Goodfellow Grace Pacific A J.V., Lanai Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-9-002: Portion of 041.
12. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Civil Air Patrol, Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001: Portion of 178.
13. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Aircraft Parking, Guardian Flight LLC, Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-001: Portion of 196.
14. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Parking to Conduct Rental Car Operations, Southern Airways Express, LLC, Waimea-Kohala Airport, Tax Map Key: (3) 6-7-001: Portion of 008.
15. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Parking to Conduct Rental Car Operations, Southern Airways Express, LLC, Lanai Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 4-9-002: Portion of 041.
16. Issuance of a Month-to-Month Revocable Permit to Hoku Kai Biofuels, LLC, for Non-Exclusive Pipeline Easement for the Transmission of Biofuels to and from Vessels at Pier 2, Hilo Harbor, Island of Hawaii, Tax Map Key No: (3) 2-1-009: Portion of 007, Governor’s Executive Order No. 3962.