Land Board Submittals – 04/09/20
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: THURSDAY, APRIL 09, 2020
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
Considering the evolving COVID-19 situation, protecting the health and welfare of the community is of utmost concern. As such, the meeting will be held remotely, with Board members, Staff and Applicants participating via online meeting venue. The public can listen to the meeting via audio live stream at: (link forthcoming). Interested persons can submit written testimony in advance of the meeting, which will be distributed to Board members prior to the meeting. We request that testimony be submitted not later than 24 hours prior to the meeting to ensure time for Board members to review it. Submit written testimony to: [email protected].
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
1. Request Approval of meeting minutes for February 14, 2020.
D. LAND DIVISION
1. Cancellation of Governor’s Executive Order No. 3633; Partial Withdrawal of 103.041 Acres from Governor’s Executive Order No. 4259; Reset Aside of the 164.353 Acres Formerly Under Governor’s Executive Order No. 3633 and the 103.041 Acres Withdrawn From Governor’s Executive Order No. 4259 to the Agribusiness Development Corporation for Agricultural and Related Purposes, Kekaha, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Keys: (4) 1-2-002:001, 006, 022, 035, 042 & 043, and (4) 1-2-016:001 through 020.
2. Amend Prior Board Action of June 8, 2018, Item D-1, Issuance of Direct Lease to the Roman Catholic Church in the State of Hawaii, Saint Theresa School, for Parking Purposes, Kekaha House Lots, Kekaha, Waimea, Kauai, Tax Map Keys: (4) 1-3-004:054 and (4) 1-3-011:001.
The purpose of the amendment is to expand the character of use to include temporary storage and school events in addition to parking.
3. Amend Prior Board Action of September 9, 2010, Item D-2, Sale of Lease at Public Auction and Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Pasture Purposes, Portion of Kapaa Homesteads, First Series, Kapaa, Kawaihau, Kauai, Hawaii; Tax Map Keys: (4) 4-6-03:22, 23.
The purpose of the amendment is to obtain Board approval for the annual renewal of the revocable permit after-the-fact from January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2020, together with appropriate rent therefor.
4. Issuance of Revocable Permit to Hawaii Land & Livestock, LLC for Land Maintenance Purposes, Portion of Government Land Situated at Kapaa Homesteads 4th Series, Kapaa, Kawaihau, Kauai, Tax Map Key Nos.: (4) 4-6-009:028, 044 and 045.
5. Issuance of Revocable Permit to Hawaii Land & Livestock, LLC for Pasture Purposes, Portion of Government (Crown) Land of Kapaa Parcels A & B, Kapaa, Kawaihau (Puna), Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-6-009:046.
6. Approve Plans and Specifications for Substantial Improvements to Lease Premises and Development Agreement for Extension of Lease, General Lease No. S-3742, JH Moku Ola, LLC, Lessee; Authorize 30-Year Extension of Lease Term, General Lease No. S-3742, JH Moku Ola, LLC, Lessee; Lot 29, Waiakea Industrial Lots, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-2-058:014. [Exhibit]
Mutual Agreement for Additional Rent from Sublease, General Lease No. S-3742, JH Moku Ola, LLC, Lessee/Sublessor, to Maui Varieties Investments, Inc. Sublessee, Waiakea Industrial Lots, Waiakea, South Hilo, Hawaii, Tax Map Key: (3) 2-2-058:014.
7. Amend the Public Purpose of Governor’s Executive Orders No. 383, 3577, 1402, 2466, and 3458; Honolulu and Waianae, Oahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 2-1-051:006, (1) 2-7-008:002, and (1) 8-3-001:036. [Testimony]
8. Report to the Board of Land and Natural Resources on the Impacts of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Lessees, Permittees, Concessionaires and Easement Holders of the Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) and Department of Transportation (DOT), and DLNR’s and DOT’s Plan for Responding to Requests for Rent Relief from Lessees, Permittees, Concessionaires, and Easement Holders Statewide.
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
1. Request for Approval to Enter Into a Memorandum of Understanding Between Department of Land and Natural Resources Division of Aquatic Resources and the Hawaii Marine Animal Response Regarding Facilitation of Interactions to Protect Aquatic Resources
2. Amend Prior Board Action of February 27, 2015, Agenda Item M-2, Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement for Underground Power Line Easements for an Electrical Power Distribution Substation Facility, Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc.; Issuance of Immediate Construction Right-of-Entry Permit, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key No.: (1) 1-1-003:001 (Portions).
7. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for Warehouse and Office Space for a Construction Field Office and Equipment Storage, Shimmick/Traylor/Granite, JV, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-004:011.
8. Amendment No. 1 to Revocable Permit No. 8938, Requesting Additional Premises for Office, Warehouse and Parking for the Storage of Catering Supplies for Airline Operations, Southwest Airlines Co., Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-003: 015 (Portion).
10. Issuance of Revocable Permits for Temporary Aircraft Parking for Displaced T-Hangar and Tie-Down Tenants, Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43:003 (Portion).
11. Issuance of Revocable Permits for Temporary Space for Storage and Maintenance of Aircraft for Displaced T-Hangar Tenants, Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport at Keahole, Tax Map Key: (3) 7-3-43:003 (Portion).
13. Issuance of Six (6) Month-to Month Permits to Young Brothers LLC for Inter-Island Barge Operations Support Facilities, situated at Pier 2, Hilo Harbor, Hawaii, Tax Map Key No.: (3) 2-1-009:007 (P), Governor’s Executive Order No.: 3962.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
Public Testimony: e-mail: [email protected]
The Sunshine Law gives the public the opportunity to submit testimony, but it is your responsibility to submit written testimony in a timely manner, to give Board members sufficient time to consider written testimony, please submit the testimony no later than 24 hours prior to the Board Meeting.
Any late written testimony will be retained as a part of the record, but we cannot assure that Board members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making.
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting on our Website: