Land Board Submittals – 08/27/21
FOR THE MEETING OF THE
BOARD OF LAND AND NATURAL RESOURCES
DATE: FRIDAY, August 27, 2021
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
LOCATION: Online via ZOOM, Livestream via YouTube
Meeting materials are available for public review in advance of the meeting at:
Considering the evolving COVID-19 situation, protecting the health and welfare of the community is of utmost concern. As such, the meeting will be held remotely, with board members, staff and applicants participating via online meeting venue.
The meeting will be livestreamed at:
Interested persons can submit written testimony in advance of each meeting that will be distributed to Board Members prior to the meeting. Written testimony must be submitted no later than 24 hours prior to the meeting to ensure time for Board Members to review it. Late written testimony will be retained as part of the record, but we cannot assure Board Members will receive it with sufficient time for review prior to decision-making. Submit written testimony to [email protected].
To provide live oral/video testimony during the online meeting, email your request to [email protected] at least 24 hours in advance, with your name, phone number, email address, computer identification name (check your device settings), and the agenda item on which you would like to testify. Once your request has been received, you will receive an email with the Zoom link via which to testify. You will need a computer with internet access, video camera and microphone to participate. If you require access by phone only, please indicate that in your email request. Testimony will be limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes per person per agenda item.
The Board may go into Executive Session pursuant to Section 92-5(a) (4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to the Board’s powers, duties, privileges, immunities, and liabilities.
Individuals requiring special assistance or auxiliary aids or services (i.e., sign language interpreter), please contact staff at least 72 hours prior to the meeting at 808.587.0404 so that arrangements can be made.
In some of the matters before the Board, a person may wish to request a contested case hearing. If such a request is made before the Board’s decision, then the Board will consider the request first – before considering the merits of the item before it. A person who wants a contested case may also wait until the Board decides the issue, then request the contested case after the decision. It is up to you. Any request must be made in writing within ten days. If no request for contested case is made, the Board will make a decision. The Department will treat the decision as final and proceed accordingly.
1. Approval of the June 25, 2021, Minutes (Deferred from 08.13.2021)
C. DIVISION OF FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
The Management Plan can be reviewed at: https://kahikinui-forest-reserve-histategis.hub.arcgis.com/
D. LAND DIVISION
4. Consent to Assign Applicant’s 1/6 undivided interest in Certificate of Occupation No. 90-A, Raymond M. Judd, III, also known as Raymond M. Judd, Assignor, to Raymond M. Judd, Trustee of the Raymond M. Judd, III Family Land Trust, Assignee, Waiomao, Pukele, Palolo, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-4-003:009.
F. DIVISION OF AQUATIC RESOURCES
1. Intentionally Left Blank
2. Request for Final Approval to Amend and Compile Hawaii Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 13 Chapters 51 and 95.1 to Update Rules Relating to the Kahului Harbor Fisheries Management Area, Maui, and Rules Relating to the Take and Possession of ‘Oama on the Island of Maui.
The proposed rule amendments can be reviewed in person, by appointment only, at the Division of Aquatic Resources (DAR) office on Oahu at 1151 Punchbowl St. Room 330, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813 from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except Holidays. To schedule an appointment to review the proposed rules in person, email [email protected]
The proposed rules, including a statement on the topic of the proposed rule amendment, can be reviewed online at: https://ltgov.hawaii.gov/the-office/administrative-rules/proposed-changes/.
The proposed rules can also be viewed online at: http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dar/rules-and-public-notices/.[Testimony]
1. Delegation of Authority to the Chairperson to: (1) Procure, Award and Enter Into Professional Service Consultant Contract for Design and Engineering Services for the Division of Aquatic Resources Kauai Work station (“the Project”); (2) Declare the Construction of the Project Exempt from the Preparation of an Environmental Assessment or Approve an Environmental Assessment and Issue a Finding of No Significant Impact, if Appropriate; and (3) Approve, Procure and Enter into a Construction Contract for the Project. Waiākea Boat Ramp, Kapaa, Kauai, Tax Map Key (4) 4-6-006:001.
3. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for a Commercial T-Hangar for storage and maintenance of Aircraft, Schuman Aviation Company, Ltd. dba Magnum Helicopters, Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Tax Map Key: (1) 1-1-76: Portion of 20. [FAA-Testimony][Testimony] [Late Testimony]
5. Issuance of a Revocable Permit for space for Transportation Company operations, maintenance, parking and storage of tour vehicles, Polynesian Adventure Tours, LLC, Kahului Airport, Tax Map Key: (2) 3-8-1: Portion of 155. [FAA-Testimony]
8. Issuance of a Month-to-Month Revocable Permit to Alaska Marine Lines, Inc., for a Non-Exclusive Surface Easement to allow movement of cargo from a barge to the pier during low tide, situated at Pier 5 Kalaeloa Barbers Point Harbor, Island of Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 9-1-014: Portion of 024, Governor’s Executive Order No. 3383.